KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

Is there a reason our cbs never pick up the danger men on corners?? Van dijk left with Idah on him?! 

5 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Nonsense. He knows he’s the back up keeper and the manager takes him to one side and tells him he needs his best available in a match like this 

Back at you. Nonsense - he’s been our cup keeper all season, played at Fulham; no need to change. 

Is there a reason our cbs never pick up the danger men on corners?? Van dijk left with Idah on him?! 

7 minutes ago, Hook's-Walk-Canary said:

No points to be garnered, nothing to lose, and still we sit back...

Not really a question of consciously sitting back though is it, more a case of not being at a level remotely capable of doing anything else against Liverpool.

I genuinely think Liverpool would of been a little more concerned pre match if draw had been v Wrexham or Newport, because they would not of shown such respect to reds. Most disappointing is the utter predictability of the game, and sadly pre match no sense of anticipation. 

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

I'm not saying Wagner is better than Farke, he definitely isn't, but this blaming Wagner for everything gets on my ****.

I’m not blaming him for everything. The war in the Middle East for example certainly not his fault.

The way we set up and play though absolutely is his fault. At what point is continually ignoring the same type of individual errors caused by the way we play not the managers fault? If it’s one individual error here and there it’s different. It’s every single game though we concede goals in the exact same way and it’s blamed on individual errors rather than a systemic problem with the way we try to play with the players at our disposal.  Insanity is doing the same thing and expecting different results. The individual errors come from the way we play and are coached not because we don’t have good players. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Yep let's leave VD unmarked.

What a defensive shambles we are.

Another one on a plate.

I seem to remember we did the same thing when we played Liverpool in first game of Farke's first Prem season

So much evidence of what a horrifically badly coached side we are.

ok they are better than us, we know that. But you can overcome that to a degree with good organisation, tactics and commitment.

Wagner is a complete dinosaur. 

I didn’t ever expect us to get anything but a hiding at Liverpool. But the standard and quality of our play is so poor. Errors aplenty. Wagnerball. 

How embarrassing to come to Anfield and play in such an amateurish fashion? We were expecting to be defeated , I can accept that, but not the manner in which we did not even try to compete. Shame on all involved.

A few random thoughts on next season:

I hope we keep McCallum in our team. Somehow he has an edge and looks to have a bit more steel than Dimi. The long throw isn't a bad weapon at times too.

As for Nunez this afternoon, I'm not sure about him. He's getting a lesson in midfield from youngsters and he needs to know how to press. He looks light weight for the Championship.

As for the defence we need a proper clear out. Gibson is too slow, Duffy too and the fact we are using McLean there says a lot. Not sure about Tomlinson or Warner or Hills yet.

We even looked better under the Farke season when we were 4-0 down in the first half and won the second half 1-0. 

If I was Ben Knapper, aside from Rowe, Sargent, Sara and Gunn, I would be looking to ship out all of this lot.

Yes Sainz. Far more like it. Direct with ability 

Although Liverpool were always going to win, it just feels that only us would be as lacking any element of competitiveness. A non-league side would surely lose too but I suspect the manner of the defeat wouldn't be as gutless and mistake-filled as ours 

33 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Yes they are, it is precisely the sort of game to play your reserve keeper.  And so far Long hasn’t done anything wrong. 

Liverpool have Allison between the sticks which is totally unnecessary.

Yet again….Forget about the opposition, our defending is truly pathetic, Van Dyk was being marked by Idah & Van Dyk has acres of space