KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

2 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Maybe klopp will loan us Connor Bradley 

£4k a week - cheap as chips!!

That should have been a free kick to us not a drop ball. Their player has gone through Gibbs after he has headed it away just before play was stopped 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Long punches Gakpo in the head.

Top man.

Lucky he didn't do it earlier in the game, may have woken him up. Should have had a hat trick

The only surprise is that we scored two. On paper that’s not that bad. In reality that was error prone and a poor watch. Gave them goals far too easily through a combination of individual error and poor coaching 

• Haha 1

Well the score not a complete embarrassment and some positives.

But there are elements of our game and set up that are just so sub standard and I find them incredibly frustrating to watch. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Pyro Pete said:

Long punches Gakpo in the head.

Top man.

Jeez! A glancing brush at most - goes down like a great big blancmange

1 minute ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Wht didnt we contest that drop ball??!!!??....****ing disgraceful

Not allowed - but imo should have been ‘our’ drop ball, I thought that was the rule, rather than giving them possession almost in our penalty area!

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

2 of those 13 are against Bristol Rovers though who we couldn’t beat at home. Hardly covering themselves in glory. 

Some of today is absolutely his fault. We could have played our strongest eleven. We could have done something other than parking the buss from minute one. We could have not made suicidal passes at the back with their instructions to play out from the back despite there being absolutely no movement from our side to get out. 

Like I’ve said if we are all honest we know there’s no long term future with Wagner. As such I don’t see any real point in wasting a season with him here. Any other side he would have been sacked after the way we finished last season. We were 5th when he took over and finished 11th despite having the largest wage bill in the league. 

We're Norwich. We will not just steamroller the Championship every time and will always struggle away at Anfield. If you don't like it, support Man City.

We've done okay today, not brilliant, but not horrendous. We've also done well this year when we've had a fully fit squad. Wagner is not to blame for getting beat at Liverpool today or for having injuries to Sargent, Hanley, Sorenson, Barnes, Gibson, Rowe, Sainz, Gunn, Dimi, Nunez throughout our bad spell.

Yes we were outclassed, yes we got caught in possession, yes there were some soft goals but you have to have context - it's Liverpool away and we're Norwich. I find our fans insufferable at times.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

We're Norwich. We will not just steamroller the Championship every time and will always struggle away at Anfield. If you don't like it, support Man City.

We've done okay today, not brilliant, but not horrendous. We've also done well this year when we've had a fully fit squad. Wagner is not to blame for getting beat at Liverpool today or for having injuries to Sargent, Hanley, Sorenson, Barnes, Gibson, Rowe, Sainz, Gunn, Dimi, Nunez throughout our bad spell.

Yes we were outclassed, yes we got caught in possession, yes there were some soft goals but you have to have context - it's Liverpool away and we're Norwich. I find our fans insufferable at times.

I thought it was pretty horrendous at times to be honest. Some of our defensive play, marking and playing out from the back is utterly embarrassing. 

As Fowler just said, one would expect more from us, that really says it all. 

2 minutes ago, Corbs1 said:

As Fowler just said, one would expect more from us, that really says it all. 

I’m really not sure why based on previous visits to such grounds when in the PL. 

7 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yes we were outclassed, yes we got caught in possession, yes there were some soft goals but you have to have context - it's Liverpool away and we're Norwich.

Yes, all very well, but there's nothing new in what you've said there - regardless of whether it's Liverpool or not.....we've been seeing that all season!

I'm just collapsing in laughter at all of the gushing about how amazing Liverpool are... against a Championship side.

Getting two goals back is one of our better performances against them in my memory.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

Just now, Worthy Nigelton said:

I’ve supported Norwich for 40 years not going to change now but thanks. I’m sorry I’m ambitious as a fan and want the best for my club. I’m sorry I hold them to a higher standard than you clearly do and I’m sorry I remember days when we competed with sides. We’d of never set up like we did today under Brown or Walker or Lambert. Happy clappers are what is insufferable about our club. People who seemingly have no ambition to be anything more than we we are. Sadly that will be the legacy of Delia and Michael and the type of atmosphere they have cultivated at the club. Roll on the Attanasios and hopefully some actual ambition. 

I’ve always took the approach of games like this as a let’s have a go game. It’s a free hit so why not go at them? 

like I said if you are that firmly behind Wagner and believe we will get the play offs with him I’ll put 100 in that we won’t and you can put your money where your mouth is. I’m firmly of the belief that there’s no long term future under Wagner for the reason I’ve already detailed over the entire season not just against Liverpool. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

I’ve always took the approach of games like this as a let’s have a go game. It’s a free hit so why not go at them? 

They have done haven't they? As indicated by having managed to score two against them rather than zero?