KiwiScot

***Official Lappinitup Match Thread - Liverpool v Norwich***

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, all very well, but there's nothing new in what you've said there - regardless of whether it's Liverpool or not.....we've been seeing that all season!

Like West Brom last week?

15 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

We're an upper/mid championship side against a top Premier league side. Realism is the word you're looking for. We've seen us boss possession and get hit on the counter again and again in the Championship. No doubt in my mind that Liverpool would savage us if we tried to take that approach.

So what’s your explanation for teams from lower leagues regularly knocking other sides out of cups? 

We do not boss possession we’ve had less than 50% in the a majority of the last 14 games we’ve played. I’m not saying I expect to win. What I am saying is it’s madness to set up the way we did and play the way we did against a side we all know presses high in numbers up the pitch. 

5 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Hmmmm.....................bit like Maidstone 😃

Sadly unlike Maidstone we let in 5. Perhaps we can get some pointers from their manager on defending? 

1 hour ago, stratton canary said:

Neither Flower or Wright know the names of any of our players, they didn't even realise we put out a weakened team 

I’m sure Fowler would say same about you and football pundits. ( big smile )

1 hour ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

So what’s your explanation for teams from lower leagues regularly knocking other sides out of cups? 

We do not boss possession we’ve had less than 50% in the a majority of the last 14 games we’ve played. I’m not saying I expect to win. What I am saying is it’s madness to set up the way we did and play the way we did against a side we all know presses high in numbers up the pitch. 

i expect us to lose Liverpool are a fantastic team but Wagner set the team up to play where we had zero chance of getting a win ,

Maidstone  and Newport had lesser players than us but had more fight and more passion  and clear tactics ,

like i said i expected a defeat but how man times will it happen playing the ball around at the box everybody knows let us have it press and we will give it to you flawed tactics against a team that loves to press 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i expect us to lose Liverpool are a fantastic team but Wagner set the team up to play where we had zero chance of getting a win ,

Maidstone  and Newport had lesser players than us but had more fight and more passion  and clear tactics ,

like i said i expected a defeat but how man times will it happen playing the ball around at the box everybody knows let us have it press and we will give it to you flawed tactics against a team that loves to press 

Watching the game I couldn’t help thinking after the umpteenth time that we had just gifted possession back to them through another misplaced suicidal pass, That maybe we should have just gone good old fashioned 4-4-2 and got the ball the ball up to Barnes and Idah, get on the knock downs and second balls and try to turn it into an old fashioned cup scrap. Would we have won? I highly doubt it but they certainly wouldn’t have expected it. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

Watching the game I couldn’t help thinking after the umpteenth time that we had just gifted possession back to them through another misplaced suicidal pass, That maybe we should have just gone good old fashioned 4-4-2 and got the ball the ball up to Barnes and Idah, get on the knock downs and second balls and try to turn it into an old fashioned cup scrap. Would we have won? I highly doubt it but they certainly wouldn’t have expected it. 

you hear it time and time again playing ourselves into trouble ,

some of the passing at the back was totally ridiculous and got us nowhere  

• Like 1