Story is here that pinkun are reporting: 

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-leeds-united-now-turn-attention-to-signing-josh-sargent/

Doesn't look much in it to me, just that they've got a list due to Bamford being injured and Moreno going out, and that Sarge may be on it.

They'd have to pay through the nose and can't see that unless they wanted him as a number one forward, and even then he's relatively unproven for a team that are in for a good shout of top 2.  I think he's more than capable of 20+ however and he knows that how we're setting up under Wagner is good for him.

In short, they can **** off! :classic_cool:

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 1

Unless they really want to see riots in Carrow Road, can't see it. Everything's been building towards Josh being our main man this season, they won't want to rip him out of the team now.

And in other news Leeds are now saying Gnonto is not for sale despite Everton offering £25m and Farke throwing him under a bus.

Basketcase of a club.

Perhaps this is all a scheme by our club to get the fans onside with the likes of Josh and Kenny. And it seems to be working :classic_wink:

• Haha 2

Roll on 1st Sept.

I think gnonto threw himself under the bus by refusing to play, agree farke may be reversing said bus back over the ungrateful teen...

• Haha 3

How much would you sell him for? I’m indifferent about him. We’ve had a lot better at no9, that’s for sure. But we’ve had worse. 

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Unless they really want to see riots in Carrow Road, can't see it. Everything's been building towards Josh being our main man this season, they won't want to rip him out of the team now.

I guess you might be forgetting when we used to raid them once a week for players.

Highly doubt the club would sell as it would leave us without our main striker....

still stupid things have happened.

I think its worth looking past names and players and importance and looking at where they stand on the Wage list

eg: Timmy K was probs our highest earner, I dare say Kenny is on a wedge as is Hanley so it begs was Josh offered a prem contract which we dont really want to be paying? 

All seems rather odd. First Stuart Webber, now Kenny and then Josh !!! Whose pulling the strings Daniel or Stuart? 

Farsical but you never know. Money talks

My memory may be wrong but as i recall it Farke didn't really play him to his strengths. Out wide too much. He might not want to go there again. He's been touted as the main man here this season would he leave that to be Bamfords understudy. 

I'd say it's unlikely he'll go unless they offer a mental fee for him.

1 hour ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Highly doubt the club would sell as it would leave us without our main striker....

still stupid things have happened.

I think its worth looking past names and players and importance and looking at where they stand on the Wage list

eg: Timmy K was probs our highest earner, I dare say Kenny is on a wedge as is Hanley so it begs was Josh offered a prem contract which we dont really want to be paying? 

Indeed they have!

This author was too young to remember the Ron Davies sale but can recall  a certain Hugh Curran. I remember all too clearly whilst a youngster at a certain east Norwich 'Grammar' school seeing EEN headline screaming...........'Spurs no bid and Canaries not selling'!!  What happened just a few months later? Leave it to you to mull over that one. The 'great ones' have ALWAYS been sold once the 'price is right'. If Leeds were to offer lets say '£20M' or something in that region (which I doubt they would) for Sargent or any NCFC player, they will be flogged off irrespective of any negative effect on the potential of the team to achieve promotion, avoid relegation or whatever.  

i wouldn't rule anything out if Leeds were serious and bid anything near 20 million ,

i think this season the club is getting the wage bill down to a manageable amount ,

also any players worth anything like Andy O etc have been talked about maybe leaving  ,

my opinion is they will sell anyone if a big bid comes in and rebuild from there 

Cannot think for one moment we'd entertain this! It would undermine what Wagners been trying to build with Josh as our main striker.

He's improved since we bought him so would take something crazy north of £20m id guess for us to consider 

Weve sold max and Rashica so no pressure to let Josh go

If we sell Sara and Sargent we deserve Div 1 football 

Both young and only going to increase in value

Still watched City for 75 plus years and nothing changes 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, S_81 said:

How much would you sell him for? I’m indifferent about him. We’ve had a lot better at no9, that’s for sure. But we’ve had worse. 

Trouble is , I wouldnt trust our recruitment team to sign better within the next 2 weeks....we'll likely end up with Barnes behind Idah

...besides, I'd back Sargent for 20+ this season. He got 14 last season despite being shoved out wide for much of it

There is zero evidence that there is anything in this one report, and zero evidence that we would consider selling even if it turned out Leeds were actually interested in buying Sargent.

Can’t see it happening. There’s a lot of belief that we need to sign another striker as it is, and so I can’t see us selling our first choice after the season has already started. It’s been stated that we have no need to sell, and we’ve already got the likes of Krul, Aarons, Byram, Rashica, Cantwell, Dowell, Hugill and Pukki off the wage bill, in addition to also getting some revenue for Aarons and Rashica

• Like 1

Would they like to take Idah instead?  Summer Sale offer of $25m, just for the new American owners.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Mike w said:

All seems rather odd. First Stuart Webber, now Kenny and then Josh !!! Whose pulling the strings Daniel or Stuart? 

Farsical but you never know. Money talks

Or it seems rather made up... I know which one i believe...

11 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

Indeed they have!

This author was too young to remember the Ron Davies sale but can recall  a certain Hugh Curran. I remember all too clearly whilst a youngster at a certain east Norwich 'Grammar' school seeing EEN headline screaming...........'Spurs no bid and Canaries not selling'!!  What happened just a few months later? Leave it to you to mull over that one. The 'great ones' have ALWAYS been sold once the 'price is right'. If Leeds were to offer lets say '£20M' or something in that region (which I doubt they would) for Sargent or any NCFC player, they will be flogged off irrespective of any negative effect on the potential of the team to achieve promotion, avoid relegation or whatever.  

Remember the best Centre forward ever here. Ron was bought fromLuton for £35,000. Was fantastic here. Then sold to Southampton for £55,000. Best header of a football I’ve ever seen. Over the years little has changed in the mantra of our club.

Begs another Question, what on earth would a player Like Ron be worth in today’s silly market place.

• Like 1

Remember 20 years or so Ashley ward? He couldn't stop scoring for about 5-6mths and then we sold him lol

3 minutes ago, daz said:

Remember 20 years or so Ashley ward? He couldn't stop scoring for about 5-6mths and then we sold him lol

Actually Barclays Bank sold him because we were in a bit of a muddle. 

We're not in that state at the moment so I would guess we'd only sell Josh if we could find a replacement of equal ability.