43 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

John Percy has an exclusive interview with Webber. It's behind a paywall. But here are the highlights.

1. League One infrastructure when he turned up. Academy ranked 82nd out of 92 for infrastructure. Now 17th. Will be top 10 when swimming pool done. No clue on what metric this is all judged on.

From the overall club perspective that is laughable given that McNally's salary rivalled the top 6 CEO's in football.

Sad that he's off, but it did feel like he'd expired with many of the fans.  Hopefully he can leave on a high.  Both he and McNally have done brilliant things for this club and I'm worried that the chance of finding a third successor who can continue the progression is going to be very tough.

Personally, I know it's contractual but I don't think he'll be here until March 2024, once a replacement is in place both parties will agree to end it early otherwise it just creates un-necessary bulk with himself, Adams and the new person in place.  

I'm guessing that the replacement will be undertaken with Attanasios's having a considerable say in the process.  So will be a far more interesting 6-12 months that I expected, Just hope everyone gets behind the team and Wagner.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

John Percy has an exclusive interview with Webber. It's behind a paywall. But here are the highlights.

1. League One infrastructure when he turned up. Academy ranked 82nd out of 92 for infrastructure. Now 17th. Will be top 10 when swimming pool done. No clue on what metric this is all judged on.

2. Said he feels like it's job done for him. Points to success club has had on the field.

3. Acknowledges criticism of him is "fair". Reiterates that abuse is not fair.

4. Comments that his leaving may create a better atmosphere for the players to play in and "that's a good thing". 

5. Article claims Roma are interested in Aarons. Says we are interested in Ryan Fraser on loan from Newcastle. 

Alot of what we've seen before. Some new stuff.

Don't normally agree with bypassing paywalls but for those who want to read:

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.telegraph.co.uk%2Ffootball%2F2023%2F06%2F13%2Fstuart-webber-to-leave-norwich-personal-abuse-was-not-fair%2F

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Love him or hate him leaving is good news. Celebrate the exit, just be careful what I wish for.  Taxi for Wagner.

18 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Timing suggests pressure from one side or the other. 

Resigns in March. Kept secret . 12 month rolling contract , so both parties under contract until March 2024. 

On June 13th , the day before the Transfer window opens , the resignation in March is announced. Webber has a press interview already lined up. 

Club has committed to some rather unusual signings that don’t appear to have the Webber stamp. More players will leave , we have already been told that Max is off, and we will need to replace them. Do we honestly believe that this will, or should be , left to an employee who is committing to leave? Why the interviews ? 

Webber won’t be held to his contract. It would be madness to do so. Webber may be agitating his way out here. 

I’d say this is somewhere near the truth. SW has always banged on about how he has replacements lined up for every role, including his own. (Obviously, we know that didn’t work out too well woth regards to DF, but still. 

So, he resigns in March. Identifies his own replacement. Works behind the scenes with that person on new signings, perhaps with the intention of not going anywhere just yet. That would account for the shift in strategy. Maybe.

Then, Leeds or Sevilla (or whoever) say, ‘Come on, Stu. Time to **** or get off the pot.’ 

Obviously, he ****s. Announces his resignation. Meanwhile his replacement has probably just announced, or is about to announce, his resignation. Expect an announcement within the week. Maybe.

Who will it be? Well, if Webber is involved in sourcing his own replacement, he has a tendency to hunt in familiar waters. By which rationale the new SD will either come from Dortmund II or Huddersfield. Maybe. 

• Like 1

"........squandered opportunities to establish us in the top flight". I am not sure any club outside to the top 6-8 ever establishes themselves. But some of the signings meant we were doomed before the season kicked off. Maybe that Anastasia fellow wants a different approach. So thanks for the memories Stuart, nothing remains forever, so onward and hopefully upward.

This is welcome news. 

Webber went from being refreshing to somebody who couldn't achieve what his ego thought his could. A man of limitations. 

I strongly believe his increasingly hostility was due to the unorthodox nature of how the club is 'run' and I'll use that term loosely. 

No other professional club would have tolerated his behaviour, even though privately it is possible that Delia and MWJ were not entirely pleased. Either way, if his next venture is in football, he will have to tone it down or simply shut up to avoid an early P45. 

He must know that he could not achieve any more here and to argue his case, was given little cash to spend though the money he was given was increasingly spent unwisely. 

While I'm pleased he is going, our problems do not start or end with Stuart Webber. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why now? What a total **** up! We’ve kept Wagner & Webber and signed three players, what now? A new SD or from within? What if the new SD wants a different manager? Or Wagner might not be happy with the new set up and walks?
This should have been done last game of the season and sorted out before mid June! 
Hopefully we have someone decent lined up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Sad that he's off, but it did feel like he'd expired with many of the fans.  Hopefully he can leave on a high.  Both he and McNally have done brilliant things for this club and I'm worried that the chance of finding a third successor who can continue the progression is going to be very tough.

Personally, I know it's contractual but I don't think he'll be here until March 2024, once a replacement is in place both parties will agree to end it early otherwise it just creates un-necessary bulk with himself, Adams and the new person in place.  

I'm guessing that the replacement will be undertaken with Attanasios's having a considerable say in the process.  So will be a far more interesting 6-12 months that I expected, Just hope everyone gets behind the team and Wagner.

See what you’re saying but we seem to have a history of finding the right ‘recipe’ hopefully this time won’t be any different 

2 minutes ago, pete said:

Love him or hate him leaving is good news. Celebrate the exit, just be careful what I wish for.  Taxi for Wagner.

Consistent contradicting post as always…congratulations 

Hopefully this will kick start the Attanasio revolution. We badly need someone to start steering this badly drifting ship back in the right direction after what have been two disastrous seasons. Most clubs would have shown Webber the door 12 months ago, and any compensation would have been money well spent. Recruitment has been dire and the last two managerial appointments appalling.

I've always thought Webber had far too much power at the club anyway; he became very arrogant and prone to controversial comments virtually every time he deigned to give an interview. It never seemed to me that he actually knew very much about the game. Soccer Bots and swimming pools are all very well, but true success is judged by results and performances on the pitch and, let's face it, these have been dire. 

Surely it makes more sense to split his job in two, with a chief executive in charge of non-football matters and a football director responsible for putting ,together a first class recruitment team to match the excellent off-field facilities, and to support a young, hungry and upwardly mobile head coach who can actually inspire the team. That obviously isn't Wagner - a thoroughly decent man but sadly, like Smith, a coach on the downward slope.

• Like 1

Get farke in, either as SD or fire Wagner and make him manager.

Don't care just get him back.

Only place I would hate him going to more than Leeds is that 5 thumbed Suffolk lot.

8 minutes ago, Indy said:

Why now? What a total **** up! We’ve kept Wagner & Webber and signed three players, what now? A new SD or from within? What if the new SD wants a different manager? Or Wagner might not be happy with the new set up and walks?
This should have been done last game of the season and sorted out before mid June! 

Well, he resigned in March. Not much we can do about that. But the club / board were clever enough to force a 12 month notice period in the contract, so the immediate future is secure.

I imagine with it being announced now we're happy for him to go somewhere and possible we have someone lined up

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Calm down dear 

1 minute ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Leigh Bromby has left his Sporting Director role at Huddersfield... 

Cool, maybe we could sign him on loan again. 

• Haha 2

I think Webber has been good and my big worry with him leaving has always been that the club would sink back into old habits and undo a lot of the good work he's done. Webber of 2018/19 and the way the club was run should be the blueprint for us and I hope we will look to try to emulate that. Back then we were a club that was ahead of the pack, doing things intelligently. We weren't advanced as some such as Brighton or Brentford but we weren't far off either. 

However the last 2 seasons have been bizarre and I think probably a result of Webber knowing his time was coming to an end here. With that knowledge he did all he could to ensure he left on a high note. My biggest issue with him has been that he seems to have allowed far too much power to the head coach, something which could be connected to his seemingly dwindling interest in the role.

It appears to me that even this summer he has handed over significant transfer input over to Wagner. It's a huge worry that neither of the two key figureheads at the club are invested in the long term success. For Webber he's known that March will be the latest he is here. Wagner is a football manager, who has little credit in the bank after the end to last season, he knows results are what will keep him in a job and now that the man who appointed him is also leaving he knows he needs to produce now, hence the shift to signing experienced players (and all ones who he, conveniently, would've been aware of).

Aggravating, but no nonsence and did good, but could not crack the Premier League and we ended up broken on the rocks.

Have to say - the NCFC journalists are really quite quiet given the sheer size and magnitude of this news. Not a lot of chat on twitter from any of them. No announcement of live Q&As or Youtube videos. Maybe they've been caught really by surprise? Maybe they're trying to find out more? 

Maybe there's more to this yet to come?

Strange.

28 minutes ago, essex canary said:

From the overall club perspective that is laughable given that McNally's salary rivalled the top 6 CEO's in football.

All that money McNally was paid and he couldn't deliver a decent infrastructure.

“When we turned up it was a League One club in terms of infrastructure, with 49 Portacabins and hills in the pitches,” 

Where were you when this travesty was taking place? You should've done something.

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Well, he resigned in March. Not much we can do about that. But the club / board were clever enough to force a 12 month notice period in the contract, so the immediate future is secure.

In that we are not paying out fans money for nothing, perhaps. Then again is it clever for someone to stick around and make the foolish comments that he did last month? If someone is not committed, should they be there?

Mixed feelings about this. When he's good he's very very good, but when he's bad he's absolutely atrocious.

Similarly a mixed reign here but generally very good.

The huge problem is his relationship with the fans, it just feels he constantly wants to antagonise.

It does feel slightly messy in terms of player recruitment and I wonder how much influence Webber has had.

We move on.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cambridgeshire canary said:
  • Currently serving a 12-month notice period having resigned in March
  • Club to appoint an external successor; Adams becomes technical director

Hallelujah,  Hallelujah.  OH, happy days.

• Haha 1

I've got mixed feelings about Webber but it should be remembered that he brought Farke, Buendia and Pukki to the club. So perhaps some of you could at least give him some credit for what he's done. 

His main problem is that he doesn't suffer fools which is essentialy a communication problem. He would have been better thought of if the club employed a decent Communications Officer. 

• Like 1

Looking forward to someone who will give 100%, respect the people that fund the " self funding model" and is positive and not confrontational and one massive ego!

Bet Wagner is happy with him....

Without doubt this is the correct decision by Webber. He has proven in the last two seasons of disappointment that he has outlived his usefulness and the culture of losing as being acceptable at Carrow Road cannot be turned around with him in place. 

• Like 1

So, will Mrs Webber be leaving too? If he goes to Leeds surely it will be a conflict of interests with us being in the same division?