1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So why would that create a conflict of interest? 

we want the very best players here not saved up for his next job 

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

I wonder what Daniel's doing at the moment ... hmm...

Yep, me too. Farke as SD is exactly what I'd hope for, although the chances are anorexic.

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Transfer windows are worked out well in advance. And we're not talking about nuclear secrets being kept in a toilet. We're talking about players who any other club will likely be aware of.

8 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

We will have identified targets probably a year ago. It's rare that they come around very quickly. 

Anyway, it's football. Managers stay in jobs even though they're leaving to a big club in the same division later on. Heck it even happens midseason. Players play for a club knowing they're signing elsewhere in January.

This isn't a big deal nor is it nothing new.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Transfer windows are worked out well in advance. And we're not talking about nuclear secrets being kept in a toilet. We're talking about players who any other club will likely be aware of.

Yes i know how transfer windows work But Webber has to much control to mess around , if he is leaving then let him go now ,

Aston Villa should have signed Emi then as would have saved them loads of money ,

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Yep, me too. Farke as SD is exactly what I'd hope for, although the chances are anorexic.

Only thing I would say this that Adams has been appointed Technical Director, whatever that is, so Farke could concentrate on a narrower role.

I still think it unlikely though. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

We will have identified targets probably a year ago. It's rare that they come around very quickly. 

Anyway, it's football. Managers stay in jobs even though they're leaving to a big club in the same division later on. Heck it even happens midseason. Players play for a club knowing they're signing elsewhere in January.

This isn't a big deal nor is it nothing new.

Yes Hog well aware of how transfers work , sometimes it is domino effect and players not available now might be available in a month ,

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Only thing I would say this that Adams has been appointed Technical Director, whatever that is, so Farke could concentrate on a narrower role.

I still think it unlikely though. 

Adams likes a role in Background ,Reason why he stepped down as Manager ,that why i always thought when webber left neil would not replace him 

Something I will say that may not be popular.

That statement from Delia & Michael doesn't exactly hurt the idea that they have a habit of getting overly personally attached to their employees. 

'We were devastated...never worked with such a talent...the list of his achievements is endless...'

You'd think he was Alex Ferguson based on that.

Just now, king canary said:

That statement from Delia & Michael doesn't exactly hurt the idea that they have a habit of getting overly personally attached to their employees. 

'We were devastated...never worked with such a talent...the list of his achievements is endless...'

True, but conversely it might help in making the boardroom/non-playing side of the club a good place to work. Hard for us fans to tell from the outside looking in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Adams likes a role in Background ,Reason why he stepped down as Manager ,that why i always thought when webber left neil would not replace him 

My view is that Adams has been given a new role by the owners to 'shelter' him from being deputy to a new sporting director who may have different ideas on the way forward.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So, will Mrs Webber be leaving too? If he goes to Leeds surely it will be a conflict of interests with us being in the same division?

You would think that knowing our Executive Director for Vision and Stategy future would be far more important than knowing Stu"s future.

23 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

So why would that create a conflict of interest? 

I think it’s actually in the EFL rules about it, there are rules in place about being on the board of more than one club so not sure if this would be the same tbh

8 minutes ago, The fog came down..! said:

My view is that Adams has been given a new role by the owners to 'shelter' him from being deputy to a new sporting director who may have different ideas on the way forward.

Adams was promised a job for life once his tenure as manager came to an end - hence, he has done a number of random roles such as Loan Player Manager and this one is probably no different.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

That Delia and MWJ statement tells you all you need to know as to why we will not have any genuine success with their pathetic little norwich attitude at the helm. All about “self funding” above all else. 

Totally agree.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/content/delia-smith-and-michael-wynn-jones-statement

The owner of ANY business MUST at all times have succession plans in place for times when 'key' employees decide to leave. By all means Smith and WJ could have expressed............'disappointment'  and even 'regret'. Both would be natural human reactions if one believes the hyperbole gushing through that statement. 'We have never worked with such a talent in our 28 years' apparently!   

Then there is this...In terms of unity and mutual support we are a completely different football club to the one he joined in 2017.

Perhaps the geriatrics have been asleep last season as FCR resembled a morgue for most matches and communication with fans was lost due to Webber intransigence. That ended in widespread calls for said Sporting Director to leave whilst the team saw the most awful downturn in form surpassed only by that dreadful 'Project Restart'. Was not this amazing Sporting Director in charge during that collapse also? So Webber deserves huge plaudits for two promotions (and that is right and proper) but zero mention of the two appalling PL seasons!! No wonder Webber was on an easy number here!    

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

I remember when they wanted Alex Neill to be the 'manager for 10 years', which shows how naive they are as a couple of how modern day football is. There has to be a certain distance between staff and friendship and as an employer I know this very well, but D&M seem to have trouble with this. Having Zoe Ward on the board was just another game of bridge between the two couples in what is a highly unorthodox set-up. 

Webber has been good in some ways, bad in others. However, for them to say he is the best talent they've worked with doesn't say much, though these are the people who 'couldn't believe' they got Bryan Hamilton!!

33 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Yes i know how transfer windows work But Webber has to much control to mess around , if he is leaving then let him go now ,

Aston Villa should have signed Emi then as would have saved them loads of money ,

Clearly you don't or else we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Villa at the time we bought Emi had Jack Grealish and no need for Emi.

Not to mention were being taken over at the time and didn't have the money to buy anyone. 

10 minutes ago, komakino said:

I remember when they wanted Alex Neill to be the 'manager for 10 years', which shows how naive they are as a couple of how modern day football is. There has to be a certain distance between staff and friendship and as an employer I know this very well, but D&M seem to have trouble with this. Having Zoe Ward on the board was just another game of bridge between the two couples in what is a highly unorthodox set-up. 

Webber has been good in some ways, bad in others. However, for them to say he is the best talent they've worked with doesn't say much, though these are the people who 'couldn't believe' they got Bryan Hamilton!!

Actually, they're the complete opposite. Because they employ people to make those decisions for them, to protect them from their emotional connection to good employees and people. 

3 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Actually, they're the complete opposite. Because they employ people to make those decisions for them, to protect them from their emotional connection to good employees and people. 

Errrmmm...what?

Interesting looking at our transfer dealings this summer in light of todays news. If Webber does potentially have to be with us til March then it does him no good at all in terms of prospects of other job offers for us to have another poor season or be seen to be having a poor window as he’s put his feet up.

This may explain us suddenly being prepared to go for more “short term” experienced transfer targets to try and have us in the mix agsin this season. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, hogesar said:

What? Anyone from the Campaign for Clear English on here? 

3 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

"his leaving may create a better atmosphere for the players"

So it's not just us that hate him but the players? Good to know.

Hates a pretty strong word, I don’t think there’s many that hate him even if they think his time is done, childish view IMO.

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Errrmmm...what?

Komakino made the point that Delia and Michael are naive to modern football ,despite having run a successful (relatively) club for however many years.

He cited the fact that they wanted Alex Neil as manager for 10 years.

Was he? No, because they employed people to make that decision for them.

Even with Webber, they make sure they have other voices on the board - and shock horror it wasn't just his wife (jesus that was a lazy one from the mob) - to stop them falling down that rabbit hole.

It's called good ownership and management / delegation and responsibility.

• Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Davidlingfield said:

Adams was promised a job for life once his tenure as manager came to an end - hence, he has done a number of random roles such as Loan Player Manager and this one is probably no different.

Similar to when Bryan Gunn was shipped around every department at the club just because he had a job for life - sales and sponsorship manager, player liaison, goalkeeper coach, and even manager. 

The club doesn't owe anyone a living but Adams seems to have a job for life. 

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

Komakino made the point that Delia and Michael are naive to modern football ,despite having run a successful (relatively) club for however many years.

He cited the fact that they wanted Alex Neil as manager for 10 years.

Was he? No, because they employed people to make that decision for them.

Even with Webber, they make sure they have other voices on the board - and shock horror it wasn't just his wife (jesus that was a lazy one from the mob) - to stop them falling down that rabbit hole.

It's called good ownership and management / delegation and responsibility.

If you say so...

20 minutes ago, komakino said:

Excellent post. Pity so many 'Delia' lovers cant see the harsh reality. 

Just now, king canary said:

If you say so...

I don't say so, the facts do.

Delia and Michael clearly get attached to people they choose to employ. It seems silly to ignore that.

They said they wanted Alex Neil to be our manager for 10 years. But he wasn't, was he? 

At every point they've employed a "football" person to oversee the main operations. They loved Farke and he still got the boot. Because they employ Webber and have a board to make those decisions.

People don't like it because Delia is pretty much the last target left now Webber is leaving. But nothing i've said above is devoid from facts.

The amount of rubbish spouted about Zoe being at the football club (most of the rubbish spouted before realising she was at the club first, just to really reinforce how misinformed people are before they make up stuff) as soon as Webber didn't masterclass his way to Premier League survival....

Actually, can't be bothered. It's too hot. 

11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I don't say so, the facts do.

I struggled to see how you read that statement and think they've successfully moved away from getting overly attached to their employees. 

They've moved away from being overly attached to coaches/managers to being overly attached to Sporting Directors and Business Directors.

I guess you can call it progress..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

What a confusing barrage of news today.

Back to bed for me ASAP.

Now is not the time to have a w@nk