7 minutes ago, Mengo said:

Hallelujah,  Hallelujah.  OH, happy days.

Don’t get too excited yet. There’s no guarantee that his replacement will do better, they could even do worse. Don’t forget that it was also Webber who signed the likes of Krul, Sara, Buendia, and Pukki

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Mixed feelings about this. When he's good he's very very good, but when he's bad he's absolutely atrocious.

Similarly a mixed reign here but generally very good.

The huge problem is his relationship with the fans, it just feels he constantly wants to antagonise.

It does feel slightly messy in terms of player recruitment and I wonder how much influence Webber has had.

We move on.

You have an innate ability to post my precise thoughts on certain matters. Saves wear & tear on the thumbs. Chapeau. 

• Like 1

Good news IF the club have lined up a suitable replacement. His Stew was stinking the place up.

Edited by mrD66M

31 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:

Leigh Bromby has left his Sporting Director role at Huddersfield... 

It does seem more than a coincidence 

Maybe he'll come and Pelach will become the new manager? 

I know nothing about Bromby. Does anyone know anything about him as an SD. Huddersfield certainly had a pretty chaotic season! 

18 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In that we are not paying out fans money for nothing, perhaps. Then again is it clever for someone to stick around and make the foolish comments that he did last month? If someone is not committed, should they be there?

Well, that’s the idiotic view. The sensible one is that he’s here to oversee the summer recruitment etc - something that at this level he’s been extremely good at.

Great news but good work by Webber’s Spin machine posters on here making sense of the timing. I’ll raise a glass later now he’s off. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

So, will Mrs Webber be leaving too? If he goes to Leeds surely it will be a conflict of interests with us being in the same division?

Very good point. They’ll probably argue that they are individuals professionally - but asides the potential conflict of interest, they’re humans too. A proper clean break from the Webber(s) era would probably be best for all parties. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I've got mixed feelings about Webber but it should be remembered that he brought Farke, Buendia and Pukki to the club. So perhaps some of you could at least give him some credit for what he's done. 

His main problem is that he doesn't suffer fools which is essentialy a communication problem. He would have been better thought of if the club employed a decent Communications Officer. 

He’s not the type to listen to advice. 

6 minutes ago, Chichcan said:

It does seem more than a coincidence 

Maybe he'll come and Pelach will become the new manager? 

I know nothing about Bromby. Does anyone know anything about him as an SD. Huddersfield certainly had a pretty chaotic season! 

He was on loan with us once, wasn’t he?

10 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Well, that’s the idiotic view. The sensible one is that he’s here to oversee the summer recruitment etc - something that at this level he’s been extremely good at.

3 very good signings during his notice period, how much more committed does someone need to be?

Edited by A Load of Squit
  • Like 1

Timing is odd, but just in time for the transfer window if we're releasing him from his notice.

So Neil Adams has obviously failed to impress enough to take over from SW. No surprise there, but we need a new broom and a fresh set of eyes.

• Like 1

Speaking of conflicts of interest (re. Zoe); if it does indeed look likely that SW will be off to a direct competitor, should he not be placed on gardening leave? 

6 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Speaking of conflicts of interest (re. Zoe); if it does indeed look likely that SW will be off to a direct competitor, should he not be placed on gardening leave? 

Why? 

1 hour ago, Badger said:

I am probably in a minority but think that Webber did a good job an d should command more respect than he does. The trouble is that, understandably, fans have a short-term focus and for a club of our size to progress there has to be a long-term focus. In addition, there has always been the belief that the SD's role is mainly some sort of Chief Scout - of course this an element but the role is far greater than that.

In terms of the Championship we may be at a similar position to that which we inherited, but the football set up - training ground/ academy etc is stronger than it has ever been.

He legacy will help us for many years to come.

Spot on Badger.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why? 

It'd be the case in most other industries, so why not? 

1 hour ago, Inch High aka Inchy.. said:

From that list it was Doncaster I liked the least. He was just a puppet to Delia and MWJ. 

Does that mean you liked Moxey? I can’t think of a single thing he did of any value. At least the other 3 had some successes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Why? 

If Webber goes to Leeds, a direct competitor, that will surely create a conflict of interest?

If he goes to Seville then there's no issue.

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Would it? 

Absolutely - especially when taking the same role at a competitor. 

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

If Webber goes to Leeds, a direct competitor, that will surely create a conflict of interest?

Why does taking up a role at Leeds create a conflict of interest?

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

When i handed in my Notice i was Told to leave straight away and put on Gardening leave because of Conflict of interest ,

Webber should not really be doing buying and contracts if he is going anywhere near a competitor 

• Like 2

Just now, Terminally Yellow said:

Well transfer targets is an obvious example. Why do you think it wouldn't be an issue?

29 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Don’t get too excited yet. There’s no guarantee that his replacement will do better, they could even do worse. Don’t forget that it was also Webber who signed the likes of Krul, Sara, Buendia, and Pukki

And Tzolis, Hayden, Gibson, Drmic, Lees-melou, rashica, normann, kabak.......

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Because if webber knows of the next Emi will he sign them for us or wait till he has left and sign him for leeds ( example )

15 minutes ago, mrdi said:

So that's why he had the allotment installed at Colney.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, A Load of Squit said:

So that's why he had the allotment installed at Colney.

Growing Lemons instead of signing them 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Because if webber knows of the next Emi will he sign them for us or wait till he has left and sign him for leeds ( example )

I hope somone has changed the admin password on Soccerbot360.

15 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

So why would that create a conflict of interest?