5 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

I love Farke as much as the next Norwich fan but check out his premier league record.

played 49

won 6

drawn 8

lost 35

goals for 31

goals against 101

It is sobering reading

I keep saying this, but we are not in the PL, and if we distort everything we do in a vain attempt to make sure we are 'ready' for the PL, we're never going to get there again IMO. We should set up the side to get out of the Championship.

Smith was recruited in the belief that his brand of pragmatism would prepare us for the PL after promotion and look how well that went.

1 hour ago, chicken said:

Leitner, Oliviera, Drmic perhaps Trybull too. There could be more... Cantwell?

He was certainly expert a squad unity. Perhaps those players were too disruptive to that?

Given that the first three and arguably the fifth of those have previous on being disruptive or at least difficult, and none bar potentially Todd have exactly pulled up trees since moving on, I suspect the second paragraph is probably more pertinent...

Edited by Barham Blitz

I hope Mr Farke wins the Euro millions lottery and buys NCFC and sacks Stu an' Missus Stu....and also gives Neppers Tom his P45....

That's just for starters....Then a new City Stand is constructed and cantilever supports are fitted to all the existing stands allowing unrestricted views for all supporters....All season tickets are reduced by 10% and you can get a stein of German Lager, a bratty in a bun (or curry-wurst) & poms frittes mit mayo all for just a fiver....Then Daniel purchases the old rail wasteland between Broadsman Close and Carrow Road opposite Tyre Pros and converts it into a Fan Zone like the Baggies have....

Initially, that'll do for me....

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

He should never have been sacked from us. Simply should have been trusted to carry on with all the ups and downs that go with football.  After all he was given a four year  contract for that purpose after a record season. 

I love Farke but look at his record just look at it in the Premier League the win percentage is something like 12%.

It is utter madness to suggest sacking him was the wrong move. The thing people should be asking is that Norwich is perhaps the only club in the country where he would have got 49 games which included something like a 15 game losing run. As for the 4 year deal again that was a massive example of the club being too nice and to ensure that he got a good pay off when he was sacked which was inevitable

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Ironically this is a pretty strong argument for making him Sporting Director. 

One thing about DF...we could be absolutely sure of getting 100% from him. Never 90%. If DF ever felt that was all he could give he is the kind of person to resign on principle.

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

One thing about DF...we could be absolutely sure of getting 100% from him. Never 90%. If DF ever felt that was all he could give he is the kind of person to resign on principle.

Farke has the respect of the fans 

Webber with his Arrogant attitude has caused a big rift with the fans and lost most of the fans respect 

6 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

Webber with his Arrogant attitude has caused a big rift with the fans and lost most of the fans respect 

Yes. But most importantly he respects the fans.

A two way street and one that was definitely led by DF. 

It won't happen will it?

But one day....you never know.

Edited by sonyc

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yes. But most importantly he respects the fans.

A two way street and one that was definitely led by DF. 

It won't happen will it?

But one day....you never know.

Yes you are right about DF respecting the fans 

No it will not happen in my opinion Webber will continue his recruitment will be below par and we will be in a mess until MA takes over ,

Delia and MWJ pleaded with webber to stay when he said he was ready to walk away

they should have said look if your heart is not in it you better go 

Failed manager who has failed in every season except two, with two of those seasons of failure being among the most embarrassing ever. And you lot are clamouring to give him any job you can. That's why this club is in the decline it is. Our fans accept mediocrity and even want to usher in it's return. 

Pathetic.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

I love Farke but look at his record just look at it in the Premier League the win percentage is something like 12%.

It is utter madness to suggest sacking him was the wrong move. The thing people should be asking is that Norwich is perhaps the only club in the country where he would have got 49 games which included something like a 15 game losing run. As for the 4 year deal again that was a massive example of the club being too nice and to ensure that he got a good pay off when he was sacked which was inevitable

I'm mad then, but then I don't fawn over the Premier League like some do and would prefer we just look at it as a free hit, not something we should sell our soul to stay in. We got in the PL twice playing superb football and were hit by key injuries both seasons and the lockdown in the first one. Those things mitigate the problems Farke had. Should have kept him on.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

He should never have been sacked from us. Simply should have been trusted to carry on with all the ups and downs that go with football.  After all he was given a four year  contract for that purpose after a record season. 

You really are a clown aren’t you? Carry on after winning 6 in 49 games! 

Get over him ffs. 

That ship has sailed and we move on. There are absolutely no guarantees he could ever replicate again what he achieved here before, and we know he's failed abysmally in the Prem.

So we wouldn't gain anything.

This summer is a complete rebuild, as it was initially with Farke, so we have to give Wagner a chance.

Only time will tell whether Leeds really want to take on Webber

Edited by Samwam27
Error

2 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

That's selective buddy.

He had the respect of most of the fans when we were winning. You only have to look back on here to see what many thought of him in 2018, 2020 and at the time he was sacked the bedsheet had been made and taken to Brentford.

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Holt said:

I'd really love to know what makes the folk who wouldn't want Farke back happy in football.

Probably because they can remember the mark 2 versions of Walker, Fleck and Cureton. You just need to remember the good times and move on 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I'm mad then, but then I don't fawn over the Premier League like some do and would prefer we just look at it as a free hit, not something we should sell our soul to stay in. We got in the PL twice playing superb football and were hit by key injuries both seasons and the lockdown in the first one. Those things mitigate the problems Farke had. Should have kept him on.

You said it.  Seems we could never sack Farke because you liked him. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Why on earth would anybody want a failed manager back here? He can’t manage in the top flight here and seemingly can’t in Germany, either.

He removed strong characters with backbone from the squad, which we are so sorely in need of, and has very limited game management skills.

Norwich fans talk about binners banging on about the past but there’s always threads on here about getting utter dross like Bradley Johnson or Farke back.

Just leave all this crap in the past where it belongs and find some ambition.

Binner 

All day long 

You been quiet the last five years though, kinda strange no?

3 hours ago, norfolkngood said:

One thing which is always inevitable is a certain section of our fan base always turning a hero into a villain. 

• Like 1

If Farke has such a poor record how is Webber still in a job. Farkes record 3 seasons in Championship with 2 promotions 1 and a bit seasons in  Premiership with one relegation. Webbers record 4 seasons in Championship with 2 promotions 2 seasons in Premiership with 2 relegations. Webber signs the players and decides on what tactics or formations are used and must accept responsibility for the dross of the last 2 seasons plus the appointment of three managers 2 of whom seem inadequate yet is still in a job.. Get Farke back as Sporting Director and let’s move forward.

• Like 2

Well we needn't worry about Farke's record in the Premier League because we aren't in it, and won't be in next season and probably neither the season after that.

He has a proven track record as a Championship Head Coach but not as a Director of Football. 

I'd have him back as Head Coach in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

On 13/05/2023 at 22:04, Terminally Yellow said:

Oh let's not do this argument again. Let's get it out the way, then. 

1. Was sacked entirely justifiably, even if the sacking itself was entirely inappropriate. Doesn't make him any less of a club legend for what he did. 

2. Issue has not come because we sacked Farke, it has come about because we didn't replace him very well. 

3. No he shouldn't come back as Director of Football, I don't give a **** that he was DOF at some tiny club in Germany. 

4. Best man manager/coach of individuals ever at NCFC, but absolute **** tactically and in game. 

Sorry, I'm with @Parma Ham's gone mouldy on this one. As someone who totally 'gets' NCFC & its culture, DF would be a glorious DoF appointment here.

• Like 1

Ok it’s about time I used my Jedi mind trick on Webber …

”This is not the football club you are looking for, more life for you awaits up the M1. Take Wagner with you you will. Replace with DF as DoF and RM or Mark Robins as coach you will also…”

There is much more to a running a club than a seasons results. It’s about developing a long term strategy, adding players that fit into that strategy who can build value for the club. Farke totally got it, we had a plan that - at least in the Championship - worked well, we were recruiting inexpensive technical players and started up a conveyer belt of talent to refresh the squad that we could use to stop the purchase of mid level talent and focus on one or two game breakers. 

Then we panicked and threw it all away. Bring the man back … what we were doing was very Milwaukee Brewers anyway, a certain MA would likely appreciate that approach being repeated. 

44 minutes ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

Sorry, I'm with @Parma Ham's gone mouldy on this one. As someone who totally 'gets' NCFC & its culture, DF would be a glorious DoF appointment here.

Yes, he "gets" the culture so much he abandoned everything that got him to where he was including the style of play everyone seems to think defines him (it doesn't) and embarked on the worst period of Premier League form the club has ever seen. Twice.

To appoint him not as head coach which he actually has experience and credentials in, but as a Director of Football is - just - crazy.

It would be liked hiring an electrician to do a plumbers job. They might have some skills which transfer over, they might even have tools to do the job, but I bet you'd have a flooded kitchen by the time you're done.

And Norwich City's kitchen is already under 3ft of water. We shouldn't be asking to be drowned. 

14 hours ago, lake district canary said:

That hat isn't fooling anyone, we all know that you're Daniel in a terrible disguise We've always known it's you. So you believe you shouldn't have been sacked we get it but it happened. You didn't do very well in the PL but come back as Sporting Director, get rid of that **** Webber and we'll love you again

On 13/05/2023 at 22:13, Terminally Yellow said:

The one who came out claiming he was happy with the signings and would have been disappointed with "just" finishing 17th. Remember that? 

Lol. Touchingly naïve.

9 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It would be liked hiring an electrician to do a plumbers job. They might have some skills which transfer over, they might even have tools to do the job, but I bet you'd have a flooded kitchen by the time you're done.

If there are no plumbers available, and the person doing your kitchen right now is a car park attendant with a hammer (hence the 3 feet of water), you'd swap them for an electrician in a heartbeat.

Edited by canarydan23

10 hours ago, Norfolk Mustard said:

And this is why even if it’s wrong, it’s right now.

Turing around negative football momentum is difficult. It doesn’t even have to happen. It can take luck of Lambertian proportions and a decade of a purgatorial vortex of averageness ( @ricardo 🤗)….

….….one thing you can do is something unashamedly populist and feelgood. Farke preferred methodology, philosophy and culture fits well with us in my view. 

Even if the first team isn’t brilliant, I want 10 year olds to learn and understand what he knows. In my view that is how you create tomorrow’s financial value anyway. 

Parma

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
It’s a happy, cuddly smiley 🤗
  • Like 2