8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Just not good enough for either the English top tier and now not good enough for the German one either.. Whatever will be his next move?

Such a shame. There were certainly moments in our Prem campaigns when he looked up to the level. But not enough of them, sadly. 

Yes please. Come on down Daniel.

It won't happen sadly.

We could do with a proper Championship operator though...and DF has previous.

Edit. I'm sure when he left he said something like "til we meet again" didn't he? These were his official words:

Edited by sonyc

30 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Daniel originally wanted to be a Sporting Director.

Just throwing it out there...

In fact he was one.

Call me an old romantic, though it really would be such an elegant - and inspiring - solution.

Even if it turned out to be a disaster, I think everyone would love it.

If we’re not going to win Champions Leagues, Premier Leagues, even FA Cups , then surely it’s about inspiring and winning the crowd?

’Win the crowd and you shall win your freedom’ 

Parma 

Edited by Parma Ham's gone mouldy
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

Daniel originally wanted to be a Sporting Director.

Just throwing it out there...

Plus his closing gambit something along the lines of, see you again canary fans 😉 

Let’s get him as Sporting Director more personality than Webber and maybe he would go for quality over quantity.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In fact he was one.

Call me an old romantic, though it really would be such an elegant - an inspiring - solution.

If we’re not going to win Champions Leagues, Premier Leagues, even FA Cups , then surely it’s about inspiring and winning the crowd?

Parma 

Trust Parma to bring in Proximo. Love your work. 

And, yes. DF returning would be glorious 

• Thanks 1

Get him back in any capacity. Although I quite like that he left with legend status in tact. Concerned that wouldn't have been the case had he stayed.

• Like 2

If Farke comes back, then I've said a fair few times over the months and years that I'd like him to replace Webber. If you want continuity of a style, who better than the guy who first worked on it?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Get him back in any capacity. Although I quite like that he left with legend status in tact. Concerned that wouldn't have been the case had he stayed.

Oh let's not do this argument again. Let's get it out the way, then. 

1. Was sacked entirely justifiably, even if the sacking itself was entirely inappropriate. Doesn't make him any less of a club legend for what he did. 

2. Issue has not come because we sacked Farke, it has come about because we didn't replace him very well. 

3. No he shouldn't come back as Director of Football, I don't give a **** that he was DOF at some tiny club in Germany. 

4. Best man manager/coach of individuals ever at NCFC, but absolute **** tactically and in game. 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If Farke comes back, then I've said a fair few times over the months and years that I'd like him to replace Webber. If you want continuity of a style, who better than the guy who first worked on it?

Yeah great let's bring back the guy who had a big say in recruitment to replace the guy we want gone because of how **** they all have been at recruitment. 

Give me strength.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah great let's bring back the guy who had a big say in recruitment to replace the guy we want gone because of how **** they all have been at recruitment. 

Give me strength.

The one who wanted a smaller squad of quality operators when hitting the Premier as opposed to Webber who went more for depth, you mean? And that was before Kieran Scott went to Boro.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The one who wanted a smaller squad of quality operators when hitting the Premier as opposed to Webber who went more for depth, you mean? And that was before Kieran Scott went to Boro.

The one who came out claiming he was happy with the signings and would have been disappointed with "just" finishing 17th. Remember that? 

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The one who came out claiming he was happy with the signings and would have been disappointed with "just" finishing 17th. Remember that? 

You mean he's likely to say "well, nah, the signings are a load of dross, I wouldn't have bought them personally and yeah, we're absolutely screwed".

I look forward to seeing that press conference if it happens.

• Like 5

Just now, TheGunnShow said:

You mean he's likely to say "well, nah, the signings are a load of dross, I wouldn't have bought them personally and yeah, we're absolutely screwed".

I look forward to seeing that press conference if it happens.

I would have him back as DOF 

i am sure he  would be fantastic at choosing managers / head coaches that fitted the style we had when he was here ,

also he is honest  and got a connection with the fans ,

got experience of youth players , foreign leagues , connections at top clubs 

if we went into the next season with Farke as DOF and his choice as head coach 

i would be hopeful than i am with Webber and Wagner 

MA, owner, Farke DOF & Russell as head coach? Would that do for some?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In fact he was one.

Call me an old romantic, though it really would be such an elegant - and inspiring - solution.

Parma 

After 32mins today they were 4-0 down. I thought to myself,  that's it he's  gone. My first thought was; get rid of Webber get Daniel in. Yes, I am also Parma a real old romantic. It is a bit naughty  😜,  but who cares, We are in a mess , nothing to lose and possibly  plenty to gain.

Your very mischievous Parma, but I like it😇🤭🤫

Nothing ventured , nothing gained, let's do it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

MA, owner, Farke DOF & Russell as head coach? Would that do for some?

Do for me Indy. 🥳its party time.

18 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

I would have him back as DOF 

i am sure he  would be fantastic at choosing managers / head coaches that fitted the style we had when he was here ,

also he is honest  and got a connection with the fans ,

got experience of youth players , foreign leagues , connections at top clubs 

if we went into the next season with Farke as DOF and his choice as head coach 

i would be hopeful than i am with Webber and Wagner 

I actually think Farke needs Webber as much as Webber needs him

The inside track was Farke was very good at upsetting certain players who'd then not be in the first team. Cantwell and Buendia are high profile ones but if you think back you'll remember a few more. It is said that Webber was good at making sure those players stay focused and kept working towards getting back into Farkes side rather than simply throwing the towel in.

It sounds like Farke hasn't had that support in Germany.

24 minutes ago, hogesar said:

The inside track was Farke was very good at upsetting certain players who'd then not be in the first team. Cantwell and Buendia are high profile ones but if you think back you'll remember a few more. It is said that Webber was good at making sure those players stay focused and kept working towards getting back into Farkes side rather than simply throwing the towel in.

I can kind of see what you are saying hoggy, but no , call it intuition on my part. Time big Stu was gone. Leeds will be calling soon anyway. 

57 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Maybe you are right i have not heard that 

i do know a younger player in Farkes club who says he is always on the phone giving him advice and checking in on him and he is in their second team , he says Farke is a Top Head coach and thinks he is a great man manager 

Webber Needs Scott and Farke as without those two he has not had success in recruitment 

I've said before countless time that I don't think his style of football works for us with our budget (even if Attanasio takes over and invests a few tens of millions) if our goal is to get promoted and stay in the PL. However, I'd have him back in a heartbeat because I don't see us even challenging for promotion for the foreseeable future and nobody could argue that it was a perfect fit here. Even if he didn't do as well he'd keep the fans onside through a few mid table finishes because we know that it can work (|n the Championship) if we can find him a special player who can create goals from nothing. 

It won't happen though, Webber and Wagner are here to stay for at least half a season and by that point Farke will have another job. I have this horrible feeling that he'll end up at Southampton who would want a proven, progressive coach to work with their high potential, young team. If i was their DOF/SD he'd be my first choice for next season. 

2 hours ago, Parma Ham's gone mouldy said:

In fact he was one.

Parma 

Then inspire and win the crowd by building a winning team that plays good football, not appointing a failed boss into a position well beyond his experience just because he was a great head coach for us who once upon a time was DoF for a tiny German team. 

• Like 1