mastoola

Is Idah the worst striker to ever play for Norwich?

Just now, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Gonna go all Real Buh here and say I was right.

Not once have I ever given up on the lad. Not once. And I agree with you he will come good. And I also trust those that gave him a long contract.....football people too

• Like 1

He's scored some important goals this season and has definitely kept Wagner in a job.

He's playing in a very poor team as well where the service is non-existent.

11 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Not once have I ever given up on the lad. Not once. And I agree with you he will come good. And I also trust those that gave him a long contract.....football people too

He just needed a run of games, some confidence, and the chance to learn the game in the way Grant Holt (a very late developer) and Carlton Morris (since he left us) have.

I'm not saying Idah will definitely have a good run in the Premier League the way those two have, but he will at the very least have a very good career as a Championship striker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

His goals per minutes played this season demonstrated he has the ability at this level.

To be fair some of those same posters criticising Idah thought Long was just as good as Gunn...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, By Hook or Ian crook said:

The answer to the main question of this thread is no. No he’s not. 

+1

He has all the physical attributes to be a top player. He needs to believe in himself and he will go from strength to strength if he does. Great celebration with Wagner today. Love seeing passion like that. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Has anyone else noticed a pattern? Lack of imagination.

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

Is mastoola the worst ever poster on the Pink Un forum?! :  D

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Petriix said:

Hi Mrs Idah! 

Please don't assume ones gender, geezer!

I am merely a person who is able to see Idahs failures but also that he has a lot of skill and desire when he gets opportunity. I think hardly anyone gets to shine in this team. But you've clearly not been watching long enough of you think Idah is the worst we've had.

3 minutes ago, nu_matik said:

Please don't assume ones gender, geezer!

Have you not done the same thing here ??

2 minutes ago, mccanary said:

Have you not done the same thing here ??

I was joking, yes. Well done for getting it. X

• Like 1

I've never totally written him off but I do think he is/was running out of time to prove himself. Let's hope he does prove himself in the nick of time and goes on to be a 25-goal a season striker. I'd love it to be the case.

For years I keep going on about Idah, he’s got all the attributes of a really good striker, he’s big strong, quick, he makes decent runs, can hold the ball up and his movement off the ball is good when you watch the game! But for whatever reason he’s just not fully hit his potential, yet in his last few games for club and country he’s finding decent form, could it be he’s finally coming good?

Could it be Barnes effect?

Edited by Indy

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

For years I keep going on about Idah, he’s got all the attributes of a really good striker, he’s big strong, quick, he makes decent runs, can hold the ball up and his movement off the ball is good when you watch the game! But for whatever reason he’s just not fully hit his potential, yet in his last few games for club and country he’s finding decent form, could it be he’s finally coming good?

Could it be Barnes effect?

This is not unusual for big strong strikers. Some posters love to make the Carlton Morris comparison. But Carlton's five years older. Adam is ahead of where he was at the same age. It's this context that makes sense of the 5 year contract.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

This is not unusual for big strong strikers. Some posters love to make the Carlton Morris comparison. But Carlton's five years older. Adam is ahead of where he was at the same age. It's this context that makes sense of the 5 year contract.

Indeed, I think people forget for some reason Smith played him as a winger! Now he’s in his correct place he’s coming good, still think Barnes is definitely having a positive effect behind the scenes, Sargent & Idah look a heck of a lot better, imagine if we still had a decent creative players feeding them! Maybe Sainz & Rowe will get the chance to play and Sargent coming back too it’s looking good for that partnership!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 2

The feeling towards Idah are kind of indicative of where we are as a club. The guy now has six goals this season at a rate of a goal every 1.5 games. On top of a few for Ireland as well. He has seemingly also put his injury struggles behind him and he is per the squad our third choice striker. So he is in my opinion he is doing ok he is doing his job. But we have been subjected to thread after thread like this about him. It’s weird. My only explanation is that all our brains are scrambled after so much yo yoing between divisions.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Has anyone else noticed a pattern? Lack of imagination.

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

Is Mastoola the worst poster to ever post on the Pink Un?

EDIT: Apologies,  been beaten to it on that one

Edited by Ken Hairy
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

The feeling towards Idah are kind of indicative of where we are as a club. The guy now has six goals this season at a rate of a goal every 1.5 games. On top of a few for Ireland as well. He has seemingly also put his injury struggles behind him and he is per the squad our third choice striker. So he is in my opinion he is doing ok he is doing his job. But we have been subjected to thread after thread like this about him. It’s weird. My only explanation is that all our brains are scrambled after so much yo yoing between divisions.

Idah is simply the latest person to blame at Carrow Road. Some of the abuse he has got from people around me has been pretty sickening and undeserved. He may not have been fantastic all season, but other players have made some absolute dreadful howlers and seem to escape the level of criticism Adam, for some reason, attracts.

He has also got some absolutely vital goals recently, and looks absolutely like a confidence player. Ultimately we have seen time and time again that rather than admitting they are pretty clueless and perhaps wrong about him, those people will continue to unfairly criticise him regardless of what he achieved.

Hopefully he can continue his goal to game ratio, and the boo-boy baton will be passed onto someone else.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Even if he were to score 25 in a season he'd still get criticism for having not done it before.

... or for not scoring 30!

He's way ahead of where Carlton Morris was at the same age, with a higher ceiling. After fighting through some struggles and learning his trade, Morris is currently looking decent in the Prem.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2023 at 21:38, mastoola said:

I can not think of anyone worse.

you must only be 10 years old then

or at the other end going senile

Idah frustrates the hell out of me 90% of the time. Given his physical attributes & international status, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect more from him. And it’s been the case consistently for what, 4 years now? 

It’s clear his best impact (and return) is when he’s deployed as a sub and for me, that should be his role. I think he diminishes us when he starts. 

Yes sure, he has a decent goal return so far this season but without wanting to sound too much like Roy Keane, it’s his job. He’s a professional attacking footballer. 

However, all this said; while I don’t rate him particularly, I *do* want him to do well because right now, he’s on our books, in our team and is one of only a few striking options we actually have. I want him to change my opinion of him through what he does on the pitch. 

Is he the worst? Not by a long way. I rate him higher than Dean Coney, Ryan Jarvis, Big Dave Strihavka, Chris Killen,  Mike Sheron, Keith Scott, Peter Thorne and my personal NCFC striking nadir, Chris Brown. 

I will maintain however that he is by far one of the most frustrating. 

Edited by mrdi

16 minutes ago, mrdi said:

Idah frustrates the hell out of me 90% of the time. Given his physical attributes & international status, I don’t think it’s unreasonable to expect more from him. And it’s been the case consistently for what, 4 years now? 

It’s clear his best impact (and return) is when he’s deployed as a sub and for me, that should be his role. I think he diminishes us when he starts. 

Yes sure, he has a decent goal return so far this season but without wanting to sound too much like Roy Keane, it’s his job. He’s a professional attacking footballer. 

However, all this said; while I don’t rate him particularly, I *do* want him to do well because right now, he’s on our books, in our team and is one of only a few striking options we actually have. I want him to change my opinion of him through what he does on the pitch. 

Is he the worst? Not by a long way. I rate him higher than Dean Coney, Ryan Jarvis, Big Dave Strihavka, Chris Killen,  Mike Sheron, Keith Scott, Peter Thorne and my personal NCFC striking nadir, Chris Brown. 

Pretty much self serving tosh. Idah has 6 now despite not really getting the minutes. People forget he is only 22 as well. Yes he has limitations which is why he plays for us but there is a 20 goal a season Champs striker there. What is the market value of that?

Edited by BigFish

7 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Pretty much self serving tosh. Idah has 6 now despite not really getting the minutes. People forget he is only 21 as well. Yes he has limitations which is why he plays for us but there is a 20 goal a season Champs striker there. What is the market value of that?

Self-serving? You what?