mastoola

Is Idah the worst striker to ever play for Norwich?

On 26/02/2023 at 00:21, nutty nigel said:

Is it 14 starts?

And yes he's young. People like to throw Carlton Morris at him. And Carlton has improved to the point he's at now. But Carlton is 5 years older than Adam which is a lot of experience for their position.

I wonder if it's the Carlton Morris experience that has prompted the club to take a long-term view on Idah?

On 21/02/2023 at 21:43, cambridgeshire canary said:

If he just knew what the offisde rule was he would have scored a hatrick.

Other than that he put in a decent shift, far from the worst.

Even if he was just better at finishing he’d have 2 per game. 

I’ve refrained from posting on this thread because I thought the opening post was stupid and actively unhelpful, so I was hoping it would get ignored and rapidly disappear from the front page of the message board but sadly it’s not happening . If people want to discuss Idah then fine, but can’t we have a decent thread title for it?

It stands to reason players will come on here and if Idah sees this thread title on the first page it’s not exactly going to be helpful is it? Especially because the OP is a fool and no one had agreed with him as far as I can see.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

I’ve refrained from posting on this thread because I thought the opening post was stupid and actively unhelpful, so I was hoping it would get ignored and rapidly disappear from the front page of the message board but sadly it’s not happening . If people want to discuss Idah then fine, but can’t we have a decent thread title for it?

It stands to reason players will come on here and if Idah sees this thread title on the first page it’s not exactly going to be helpful is it? Especially because the OP is a fool and no one had agreed with him as far as I can see.

If Adam is good enough he’ll ram the negativity of his ability down peoples throats. I hope he does it but not convinced he can. 

12 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

If Adam is good enough he’ll ram the negativity of his ability down peoples throats. I hope he does it but not convinced he can. 

I think there are three groups here.

There's the "he'll be class" group.

There's the "he's a donkey" group

I think the majority are actually in the "meh, could go either way, big target men are often late developers, but the 5 year deal is a bit weird" camp. I'm in that one.

I think we can all agree that the title is really f*cking stupid though. He's already better than Jordan Hugill, and Hugill looks like a baller compared to Chris Brown.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I think there are three groups here.

There's the "he'll be class" group.

There's the "he's a donkey" group

I think the majority are actually in the "meh, could go either way, big target men are often late developers, but the 5 year deal is a bit weird" camp. I'm in that one.

I think we can all agree that the title is really f*cking stupid though. He's already better than Jordan Hugill, and Hugill looks like a baller compared to Chris Brown.

Hugill went for £10m and £5m in two transfer windows. That is unbelievable (even though he is a smashing lad) he’s in that ‘How did anyone ever pay a fee for him’ category. 

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hugill went for £10m and £5m in two transfer windows. That is unbelievable (even though he is a smashing lad) he’s in that ‘How did anyone ever pay a fee for him’ category. 

£10m, to £5m, to £0, so 2 years away from him having to pay £5m for somebody to take him.

18 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

£10m, to £5m, to £0, so 2 years away from him having to pay £5m for somebody to take him.

Bargain buy, never question Stuart. 

You have to assume that the coaching staff see enough in Idah to warrant a five year deal which gives him enough time to improve/develop and should that happen it also ensures the club would receive a decent fee if he leaves. 

• Like 1

i do not think idah or Sarge are natural goal scorers 

so both have got a lot of work to do 

they seem like they have to think more about finishing than someone who puts the ball in the corners and is a all round finisher 

35 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

i do not think idah or Sarge are natural goal scorers 

so both have got a lot of work to do 

they seem like they have to think more about finishing than someone who puts the ball in the corners and is a all round finisher 

It’s an opinion. You might want to rewatch highlights of Sarge’s goals this season?

28 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

It’s an opinion. You might want to rewatch highlights of Sarge’s goals this season?

yes fair play 

maybe a bit harsh on Sarge 

just re-watched them and they were better than memory 

5 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

It hasn't disappeared though has it?  Why is that?  Because the op is a fool or created a valid discussion?

1 hour ago, mastoola said:

It hasn't disappeared though has it?  Why is that?  Because the op is a fool or created a valid discussion?

I'd hardly describe this as a valid discussion. More of a piling on by people point out how unbelievably wrong it is a) to be making such a statement in general, b) to even hold such a thought about Idah.

If a discussion is to be described as a very large hammer, repeatedly striking a very small and feeble pin/tack then perhaps this is it. Valid though? If validity has seen this thread, it surely did not decide to stay here for very long, if it has indeed graced this thread at all. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, mastoola said:

It created a discussion despite the stupid title and OP, not because of it.

You may have a career ahead in clickbait journalism though.

9 hours ago, mastoola said:

I mean this forum has had threads with replies on subjects including:

1) Why did we sell Pritchard and replace him with some unknown cheap option in Emi Buendia

2) Why does the club cop out and take the cheap option signing a Celtic fluke in Pukki

3) Stop defending Vrancic he's not even good enough for league one level

4) I created a thread on xG and 50% of the replies is people going on about how they hate xG

Just as some suggestions. It doesn't have to be a good, valid or even vaguely sensible OP to generate responses.

Edited by hogesar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I mean this forum has had threads with replies on subjects including:

1) Why did we sell Pritchard and replace him with some unknown cheap option in Emi Buendia

2) Why does the club cop out and take the cheap option signing a Celtic fluke in Pukki

3) Stop defending Vrancic he's not even good enough for league one level

4) I created a thread on xG and 50% of the replies is people going on about how they hate xG

Just as some suggestions. It doesn't have to be a good, valid or even vaguely sensible OP to generate responses.

While I agree, the point with Idah is that he's 22 years old and is trying to establish himself in our first team and really could do with a goal or two to give his confidence a boost.  So, it is helpful or actively unhelpful to have a thread that's now been on the first page of the MB for quite a while now headed "Is Idah the worst striker ever to play for Norwich" ?  

I know that being a professional footballer requires a lot of mental resilience but equally, confidence and self-belief is vital and it's noticeable especially for strikers that it has an impact.

That's why I'd hoped this thread would wither away from lack of replies and maybe we can debate how Idah is getting on, on another thread ?

• Like 1

On 28/02/2023 at 09:36, TeemuVanBasten said:

He has 9 goals in 83 senior competitive appearances

to be fair to him you have to acknowledge that most of those appearances have been off the bench. Someone will correct me but I think he's made about 15 starts for us.

On 01/03/2023 at 08:31, hogesar said:

There may be a message hidden in there somewhere.....

On 01/03/2023 at 08:31, hogesar said:

Ah yes, but that's like the crude measure of shots on target. The great thing about xQP is that it understands some posts are of higher quality than others 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

There may be a message hidden in there somewhere.....

It's not really hidden is it? The forum is at least 50% idiots. I knew that before I posted 😉

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Which 50% though??

I'd imagine those who see a thread regarding something they have no interest in, further have done no basic research in, still feeling the need to wade in with a pointless comment. 🙂

6 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'd imagine those who see a thread regarding something they have no interest in, further have done no basic research in, still feeling the need to wade in with a pointless comment. 🙂

I'd go for it being the 50% who despite people explaining what xGs are and how they are used, still find them next to pointless.🙃

Edited by lake district canary

7 hours ago, hogesar said:

It's not really hidden is it? The forum is at least 50% idiots. I knew that before I posted 😉. At least 50 % idiots.

So what category do you affiliate yourself with Hoggy .  The Geniuses or the Idiot's .😉🙃😊.

That's a high percentage of idiots. No wonder we talk a load of śhìťe most of the time then Hoggy.🤣

Edited by Mengo
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mengo said:

So what category do you affiliate yourself with Hoggy .  The Geniuses or the Idiot's .😉🙃😊.

That's a high percentage of idiots. No wonder we talk a load of śhìťe most of the time then Hoggy.🤣

I like to roam between both camps 😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 21/02/2023 at 22:36, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Nine goals in 2,070 minutes for Norwich, which is one in 230. Not a terrible ratio for a young striker.

Also, he's 22 now and has never had a run in the side at professional level. He has spent the last four years coming on as a sub for 10 minutes here and there, and when he has a few games, it's been with Pukki playing as the chief goalscorer and Idah being the nuisance, rather than being expected to be the main goal threat himself. 

If he gets a proper run in the side as the centre forward leading the line, and a bit of confidence which is lacking right now, I think he'll surprise a few people.

Gonna go all Real Buh here and say I was right.

• Like 3