mastoola

Is Idah the worst striker to ever play for Norwich?

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

This is not unusual for big strong strikers. Some posters love to make the Carlton Morris comparison. But Carlton's five years older. Adam is ahead of where he was at the same age. It's this context that makes sense of the 5 year contract.

You've hit the nail on the head there nutster. Big strong strikers bully players all the way through youth and usually fallback on the easy option of their greater physical stature, it then takes them time to adjust to not being the biggest and the quickest on the pitch and it takes a fundamental mindshift to not fallback on that when things aren't going well. Hopefully this is the start of idah using the skills which give him the chance to be a real, long term, success as a footballer....

16 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

You've hit the nail on the head there nutster. Big strong strikers bully players all the way through youth and usually fallback on the easy option of their greater physical stature, it then takes them time to adjust to not being the biggest and the quickest on the pitch and it takes a fundamental mindshift to not fallback on that when things aren't going well. Hopefully this is the start of idah using the skills which give him the chance to be a real, long term, success as a footballer....

This was very much the case with 'spotty' Wickham. Easily able to shove lesser sized youths, but being reliant on shoving in the adult game saw him given numerous yellow cards. They increased as the goals dried up. For all Idahs current short comings there's more to him than just pushing players - hopefully he can continue his development.

Many of you aren’t old enough to have seen Jim Blair or Chris Killen.

Bit of perspective needed. 
Just lay off a player who is scoring, in limited time on the field.

• Like 2

Still stand by what i say but i am hoping i am wrong.   the lad has done well and was screaming for him especially when taken off the games a few games ago   thought it was bad management 

5 hours ago, Paul101 said:

you must only be 10 years old then

or at the other end going senile

Idiot haven't you noticed that my account is over 14 years old?

7 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Has anyone else noticed a pattern? Lack of imagination.

IMG_0034.jpeg

IMG_0033.jpeg

What has Hernandez done ? hit the post? maybe the lack of imagination is by playing him   Idiot

7 hours ago, mastoola said:

Idiot haven't you noticed that my account is over 14 years old?

well than you never noticed all the other rubbish players we have had over the years

many a name worse than Idah a player I dont rate him but to come out with lame attention seeking crap like this thread is blatent lies

16 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Hello. 

Post of the week and it’s only Monday! 👍

Although you posted it on Sunday, so maybe it’s post of the week for last week? 

If @Midlands Yellow posts and no one reads it does it really exist? More philosophical questions to,follow.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

This here is the list of all players who have scored five or more Championship goals this season. 

Only Szmodics, Armstrong and Rajovic have a better minutes-per-goal ratio than Idah.

Screenshot_20231203-204521.thumb.png.fd6c5c72c703e8922faddbf24eafce58.pngScreenshot_20231203-204527.thumb.png.33fe9d194becbffeba158aa2720afb36.png

79.54 kB · 0 downloads

I was looking at this yesterday. His conversion rate and shots on target % is also among the highest on that table. So no he's not even close to being the worst striker to play for Norwich, not even one of the worst 100 strikers to play for us.

Edited by Iwans Big Toe

3 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

If @Midlands Yellow posts and no one reads it does it really exist? More philosophical questions to,follow.

Appreciated Nuff. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, mastoola said:

What has Hernandez done ? hit the post? maybe the lack of imagination is by playing him   Idiot

If you really think that Hernandez is the worst player to play for Norwich-out of the hundreds that have played for us-then it is you that is the idiot.

Zema Abbey, Adrian Coote, Drewe Broughton, Chris Brown, Anton Siberski, Trevor Benjamin, ulf ottosson and Keith Scott are all hands down a lot worse than Adam Idah.

7 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Like what is the sound of one @Essex Canary clapping?

Edited by cornish sam
  • Like 1

Chris brown

Peter Thorne 

Chris killen

David Mooney 

John hartson 

Antoine sibieski 

Marceo Rigters 

David Strihavka 

Carl Cort

Just to name a few. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Chris brown

Peter Thorne 

Chris killen

David Mooney 

John hartson 

Antoine sibieski 

Marceo Rigters 

David Strihavka 

Carl Cort

Just to name a few. 

That is a good illustration of why I am in the 80%. Things have been a lot worse.

21 minutes ago, Ulfotto said:

That is a good illustration of why I am in the 80%. Things have been a lot worse.

Maybe only in the season we got relegated to div 1?

4 hours ago, cornish sam said:

Like what is the sound of one @Essex Canary clapping?

Or if a trolley car was heading towards Big Vince and Keith Scott who were tied to the track, but you’re standing by a set of points and could divert it but it would run over hogesar, would you pull the lever?

1 hour ago, Ulfotto said:

I agree things have been worse, but all of those players were signed under our current majority shareholders. So they have overseen the lowest of lows in my lifetime, but they were not responsible for the highest of highs.

That's why I have been part of the 20% before it was fashionable. lol.

6 hours ago, Ulfotto said:

Zema Abbey, Adrian Coote, Drewe Broughton, Chris Brown, Anton Siberski, Trevor Benjamin, ulf ottosson and Keith Scott are all hands down a lot worse than Adam Idah.

Actually Martin O’Neil brought Scott to Norwich and he was playing well. As soon as O’Neil left (thank you mr Chase) Scott was not the same.

Zema Abbey looked really useful when he first signed but knee injuries ruined his career.

I agree with the rest!