TIL 1010

R.I.P. Lappinitup.

Late this afternoon i received a call from his daughter Creanne to inform me that our good friend and fellow poster Mick Jacobs known on here as Lappinitup had died at home this afternoon at 2.30pm.

Mick had not been in good health in recent months but this has come as a complete shock to his family and friends. I had only spoken to him on the phone last night asking after his health and i am at a loss to come to terms with his passing as i am sure all posters will be.

This forum will miss his humour and quick wit and Eddie has lost one of his top PUPs.

As soon as Creanne has given me more information surrounding the tragic circumstances i will post an update.

Rest in peace old friend.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Sad 22

Oh that's just awful news. Lapps was a fantastic part of this community, and I shall miss him greatly on here even though I never had the privilege of meeting him. My sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Sad news, good poster who will be sadly missed. Condolences to his family.💛💚

Really sad news. Never met him in person but he seemed like a good guy and was a refreshing voice on this forum.

Condolences to friends and family.

Terrible news. I didn't know him like some of you guys on here but always found him to be a great poster with a an easy attitude and a great sense of humour, never taking things too seriously. All the best to his family and all his mates. God Bless Lapps.

Shocking news. He was a poster of long standing on the forum and well respected .Great Pup and I'm sure he will be missed. Condolences to his family and all that knew him.

Bad one.

C/A (Diane) will recall that he went back a long way with me and my family on her very own (and very nice) little forum.

• Like 1

RIP Mick. He was a good poster here (and I suppose it means Cambridge does the official match threads now).

It's always particularly harrowing when a death is particularly sudden. I suppose, weak though it is, the consolation right now is that he may not have suffered too much. But it's hard to see that right now.

I hope his family and friends find comfort in that he was liked so much on here and the impact he had on others, at least.

Very sorry to hear this -  his sharp wit will be missed greatly.

Condolences to his family and to those on here who knew him in person. RIP Lapps. 

Terrible upsetting news which has come as a real shock today.

First met Lapps , must have been over 15 years ago and shared many a chat & laugh with him over the years.

He was so happy how the social club had flourished and had been to several events in the earlier years.

Thoughts are with his family & friends

Rip Mick 😢

• Like 1

This is very sad news. Had the pleasure of meeting Mick several times over the last few years and always found his sense of humour and sense of fun was brilliant and of course he is a legend on here and liked by so many.

Thoughts are with his family and friends. RIP Mick, the forum won't be the same without you.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

Lapps was a top poster, a top PUP and a top man. Was always there for me and Rays Funds and never missed a week in 14 years.

Tilly told me this morning that he was ill. I tried to call him and left a message saying I'd call him when I got home. He answered that text at saying ok at 1:45. It's hard to take in.

Lapps was always up for a PUPs meet but covid kept us all apart for too long.

I will miss him.

RIP Mick💛💚

• Like 11

Terrible news, being a relative newcomer on here I hadn't had much interaction with him, but he seemed like one of the good guys. 

RIP. 

Jesus literally only yesterday I was joking with him about handing back match threads to him, ****ing hell

That's a shock, full Condolences to his family and friends always seemed a nice bloke who was up for a laugh hope his daughters ok

RIP buddy

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Very sad news. I didn’t know him but obviously saw his posts on here and whether we agree or disagree all the regular posters on here share a common bond in our love for the club. RIP. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

RIP. Thank you for letting us know

Indeed

RIP Mick

Just now, Wings of a Sparrow said:

I can only echo what everyone else has said, I didn't know Lapps personally, but he was a great contributor to this forum. Very sad news indeed.

RIP Lapps.

My thoughts exactly

He was a great poster on here. Really sorry for his family and for those of this board, such as you Til, who have lost a close friend.

He was a great poster on here. Really sorry for his family and for those of this board, such as you Til, who have lost a close friend.

Sad, sad news - condolences to family and friends.