TIL 1010

R.I.P. Lappinitup.

Very sad news

Condolences to his family

Seemed a real gentleman 

Such terribly sad news. Used to love dissecting the match over a pint with him. A lovely man, he'll be sadly missed. RIP Mick 

Just awful news, Lapps has been here as long as I can remember, was always good for a laugh and a decent debate, sincere condolences to his family and friends.

@TIL 1010 can you somehow arrange for Lappin's family to read this thread? His decency and humour shone through his threads and he'll be missed by all. This news has come as a shock and I'm sure many like me will shed a tear. 

• Like 3

This is a genuine shock, I can’t begin to imagine how it must be for his family and IRL friends. Hopefully the response from so many on here is a little bit of comfort. There’s a small group of posters on here I think of as part of the foundations of this board and Lapps was without question one of them. Witty (right from the start with his username), forthright with his views but self-deprecating and above all intelligent. RIP.

Absolutely saddened.  

Though I’ve only just starting posting I’ve been following the forum for years and when I would see his avatar always read his well thought out comments / witty repartee. 

Thoughts go out to his family. RIP buddy. 

Ah man, absolutely terrible news. Its already been said many time, but Lapp's sense of humour and fun are one of the things that made this board what it is today. He will be greatly missed. Thoughts with his family and friends.

RIP Lappinitup 

Sorry to hear this horrible news, thoughts with his family and friends. I didn't know him personally, but it sounds like he used his time well and was liked and loved by many. Rest in peace.

Awful news, and thoughts go out to his family and friends. 

Lapps was a gentleman and his vital role as "Keeper of the Waveney's" always made me chuckle, no matter how many times I saw that list.

RIP 🙏

Apples

• Like 5

One of the posters who always had something informative, funny or quick-witted to say....but was always genuine, kind and fair.

R.I.P to a proper class act, one to whom we could all learn from.

Very sad news to hear. I’m a long time reader of the forum and I’ve always enjoyed reading Lapps’ posts. Deepest condolences to his family, friends and everyone who knew him. 

Very sad news, his avatar always made me laugh-I couldn't work out if it was a real life dog or not. He was very well thought of on this message board, and will be sadly missed.

RIP and condolences to his family.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Angry said:

Very sad news, his avatar always made me laugh-I couldn't work out if it was a real life dog or not. He was very well thought of on this message board, and will be sadly missed.

RIP and condolences to his family.

Do you remember a few years ago someone getting very irate about his avatar and how it was mortally offending him...can't remember the name of that guy but he seemed a bit of a crackpot....

Really sad news, RIP. Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

Devastating news. Shock news always is but this one has come straight out of left field. He put a like on one of my posts last week and now I know he was poorly it is quite upsetting.

Feel for his family at this time.

24 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Do you remember a few years ago someone getting very irate about his avatar and how it was mortally offending him...can't remember the name of that guy but he seemed a bit of a crackpot....

You know if people spent less time complaning and moaning about every little thing and instead spent that time trying to be kind, nice and positive I feel the world would be a much better place.

But sadly anger and hate come much easier than kindness and understanding it would seem

• Like 1