CANARYKING

How long has Wagner got ?

Until the end of the season is my guess. Injuries not doing him any favours right now which funnily enough is exactly the same issue we had near the end of last season with its poor run

Unless he loses to the binners in December in which case he has to be fired the second the full time whistle is blown

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

For me as soon as new DOF comes in that door Wagner should go 

Hopefully the New Dof has a wonder coach from Arsenal already lined up ! 

IF we are to get up to the PL we need a special manager to get out of this league a Lambert  or a new Farke someone who can get players playing above their ability ,

Wagner for me is not that man ,nice bloke i am sure but his record is like our form hit and miss 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, norfolkngood said:

For me as soon as new DOF comes in that door Wagner should go 

Hopefully the New Dof has a wonder coach from Arsenal already lined up ! 

IF we are to get up to the PL we need a special manager to get out of this league a Lambert  or a new Farke someone who can get players playing above their ability ,

Wagner for me is not that man ,nice bloke i am sure but his record is like our form hit and miss 

Although, his form with a fit squad is very good across both his seasons. So I guess the argument is do we have good strength in depth and Wagner can't utilise it, or is our strength in depth poor in which case Wagner isnt to blame?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Although, his form with a fit squad is very good across both his seasons. So I guess the argument is do we have good strength in depth and Wagner can't utilise it, or is our strength in depth poor in which case Wagner isnt to blame?

i know you are the stats man so you will be correct regarding who played and what results ,

just does not have that x factor for me Hog ,

i know this league is hard but some of the results against lesser teams have been poor 

Edited by norfolkngood
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DraytonBoy said:

Doesn't he have a contract until the beginning of January?

I'm sure Paddy Davitt said Wagner is on a 12 month rolling contract. 

1 hour ago, CANARYKING said:

Two tough games coming up, new Sporting Director, must be on very thin ice ?

Unfortunately, for him, he will be gone before the January transfer window. So a few bad games and he will be for the chop.

But who will replace him?! 

I'll thank you not to ask such a personal question. That's something between myself and my wife.

Oh, sorry, I misread the question.

People do talk some absolute **** on here.

Keep changing the manager and eventually the club slides into mediocrity in league One.

Most will the the same ones wanting Farke sacked in his first season at City!

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, duke63 said:

People do talk some absolute **** on here.

Keep changing the manager and eventually the club slides into mediocrity in league One.

Most will the the same ones wanting Farke sacked in his first season at City!

The only ones talking 5hite are the ones that think Wagner is going to do anything other than gradually slide this team back down the table. We can do way better 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

You’re right, more to do with Webber really. 

I think he'll be here all season and assuming we don't get promoted will leave in the summer.

Injuries are a mitigating factor for him and if we can start the new year with a fully fit squad we ought to make top 6 in what is in reality a very poor league.

But if we continue to be inconsistent and dare I say lose to that lot down the road, he will be a deeply unpopular manager.

Edited by Capt. Pants

New guy won't have any connection to Wagner and I'd expect they'll come in with an idea of who they really want to have working for them. Wagner hasn't got any extensive goodwill built up, connection with the fans or a noticeable relationship with the owners so it won't be any uproar if he was dismissed.

Unless we're storming along when he comes in then I imagine the leash will be short.

10 pm 28th November.

To save on costs us and Watford will just swap managers.

Then  the fans will get their Norwich/Watford back...

At least until Christmas.

• Haha 1

Needs to bluff his way through until Sargent/Barnes return and hope that when they do ,we're still in touch of 6th place.

Been unfortunate with injuries to the 2 first choice strikers since game 4 (Sargent) and then game 7 (Barnes).

Where he hasnt done himself any favours is how he's fudged around since those injuries since then and most in particular , the not playing Sara in thd no. 10 role ever since. When youve got strikers as incapable as Idah and Hwang, you can at least help the cause by playing a 12-15 goal midfielder in a position where he can hurt the opposition.

Hopefully the last 2 weeks have allowed Forshaw to get up to speed whereby he can finally start (and finish) every game, or if not a hopefully now fit Sorenson can deputise.

Nunez is also now fit too.

What this should all mean is that there can now be no excuse for Sara not playing in that advanced role.

Continuous failure to get the starting line up and/or substututions right....as he's failed to do in recent weeks may otherwise be his downfall

49 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

10 pm 28th November.

To save on costs us and Watford will just swap managers.

Then  the fans will get their Norwich/Watford back...

At least until Christmas.

Is it worth a half and half scarf?

47 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Needs to bluff his way through until Sargent/Barnes return and hope that when they do ,we're still in touch of 6th place.

Been unfortunate with injuries to the 2 first choice strikers since game 4 (Sargent) and then game 7 (Barnes).

Where he hasnt done himself any favours is how he's fudged around since those injuries since then and most in particular , the not playing Sara in thd no. 10 role ever since. When youve got strikers as incapable as Idah and Hwang, you can at least help the cause by playing a 12-15 goal midfielder in a position where he can hurt the opposition.

Hopefully the last 2 weeks have allowed Forshaw to get up to speed whereby he can finally start (and finish) every game, or if not a hopefully now fit Sorenson can deputise.

Nunez is also now fit too.

What this should all mean is that there can now be no excuse for Sara not playing in that advanced role.

Continuous failure to get the starting line up and/or substututions right....as he's failed to do in recent weeks may otherwise be his downfall

Agreed. Club has been shooting itself in the foot by not playing Sara much further forward. Makes no sense whatsoever playing him alongside McLean. The club has also been a continuing failure at replacing Skipp and Tettey. Back four are nowhere near good enough as standalone defenders. 

Too late to get Michael Beale on board but I don’t think you can sack him this early in particularly after such a solid if not spectacular start 

Since he's been here Wagner seemingly obsessed in throwing on multiple subs around the 60/70 min mark.  And whatever players at his disposal has made the performance even worse.  Should never have been given the job apart from a brief respite with success at Hudd'fld has been a disaster when given a new job.  The bilge he spouts after each poor performance is an insult to the intelligence of those who have witnessed those games.

Next 3 games are all banana skins, Blackburn only possible win on the horizon, but maybe not.  Sack can't come soon enough. 

It seems to me that the new sporting director will want to mould the future by controlling the approach.  I guess a lot will depend on how well Wagner aligns with that.  On the face of it Wagner has a clear style, it definitely is not similar to the approach Arsenal use…..  So I would have thought the sporting director will either act swiftly or he will use Wagner while he assesses what needs to change before pressing the button.  Personally I suspect Wagner’s day are numbered unless he wins a lot of games and develops a good relationship with the new boss.  Both of which I suspect will be tough, equally he will have known the position when he took the job.

Not many teams in this league can afford to have the depth required to still maintain a promotion push having lost both main strikers for half a season.

If Farke had lost Pukki or Buendia for half a season I don’t believe we’d have won the league, same as Lambert wouldn’t have got us up if he’d lost Holt for a long period of time. On the flip side Worthy would have kept us up if he’d had Ashton for a whole season rather than half one.

In my opinion if Wagner has still got us within touching distance when Sargent and Barnes are fit again (plus a few others) then I think he’s done ok. 

• Thanks 1

Sacking managers during a season is pointless unless you're really desperate. The Summer is the time to make managerial changes, when you have a larger pool of candidates to choose from and bring in in a more leisurely, considered process.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

12 hours ago, S_81 said:

The only ones talking 5hite are the ones that think Wagner is going to do anything other than gradually slide this team back down the table. We can do way better 

Who would you realisticially appoint that is significantly better?