Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Fat cat and canary replacement mural

Thought it was Jon Rowe, Wagners new favourite until Fash was identified.  Trust JR can emulate JF.

What a great job, he needs to be allowed to do some more work around the city and at the ground, surely?

• Like 6

That's superb and don't underate the level of skill required to do that piece. The shading on Fashanu's face for example or the vein on his arm. 

I was sad to see the Farke piece of work go but this is a great replacement. I'd personally like to see a mural of different legends behind him, a bit like the Brickmakers wall display which has legendary musicians. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I have to say, I was disappointed when Farke was removed but this is a great replacement. Good job all round. 

seconded :classic_biggrin:

Think Duncan Forbes would have been more appropriate for the service he gave to NCFC

Can somebody please educate me on why we don't care about the allegations made against him?

Do we just assume that the guy making the allegations was out for money or something? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daly said:

Think Duncan Forbes would have been more appropriate for the service he gave to NCFC

I did think big Dunc but there is a large pic of him at the ground

Have to say I love this pic of Fash at my fave watering hole

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Can somebody please educate me on why we don't care about the allegations made against him?

Do we just assume that the guy making the allegations was out for money or something? 

I tend to agree. Bit weird the way they just get ignored. 

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

why should we assume he was guilty of the allegations 

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Who doesn't care?  That's what lead to him killing himself, was tragic when it all came out.

If they're gonna replace the Farke mural, Fashanu is a perfect call to replace it in perpetuity. Fair call, that.

13 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

What a great job, he needs to be allowed to do some more work around the city and at the ground, surely?

Not ' allowed', Commissioned.  Artists  need support  and income.  

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

If they're gonna replace the Farke mural, Fashanu is a perfect call to replace it in perpetuity. Fair call, that.

Agreed.

This of course would have been a perfect opportunity for a     ' missing  lately '   poster to remind us that Justin was imperfect.  

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Personally I believe it is a sad situation.  Huw Edwards and Phillip Schofields lives have been destroyed without them being found guilty in a court of law, whilst Jimmy Carr has escaped pretty much unscathed after breaking it, and Gandhi got away with his behaviour entirely.  Growing up in the 1980s it was clear Fash faced a lot of racism and homaphobia, which I really can't relate to.  With the specific case he felt it was consensual, but that was irrelevant as being gay was illegal, he probably felt hopeless and paid a huge cost by taking his own life. Ultimately everyone makes mistakes and I am certain his experiences and treatment have reduced the likelihood of a gay footballer allowing their sexuality to be made public.  So I think it is a brilliant picture.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, OnDaBall said:

This guy should be commissioned to paint some of these at Carrow Road, top work.

He has been - he's done some work in the new Barclay bar.

• Like 1