Sign in to follow this  
ZLF

Fat cat and canary replacement mural

14 hours ago, daly said:

Think Duncan Forbes would have been more appropriate for the service he gave to NCFC

There's already one of Duncan at Carrow Road in case you've missed it

7 hours ago, MrFruit said:
9 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Can somebody please educate me on why we don't care about the allegations made against him?

Do we just assume that the guy making the allegations was out for money or something? 

why should we assume he was guilty of the allegations 

That's not what I was suggesting.

My reading of his situation is that it probably was consensual but unless the other guy comes forward and admits that he lied there's no way to be sure. Guilt and fear of what the future would hold are absolutely reasons why somebody could choose to kill themselves. 

For that reason I'd have picked somebody else.

All that being said, the artwork does look great.

Edited by KeiranShikari
  • Like 1

I spotted it on the drive home today. Looked good. I'll wander down there later and take a couple of pictures. May as well have a pint while I'm there. Rude not to!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lord Horn (again) said:

There's already one of Duncan at Carrow Road in case you've missed it

Haven’t missed it 

How about Martin Peters

Wes

Grant Holt

Kevin  Keelan 571 appearances for NCFC

The list is endless 

11 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Can somebody please educate me on why we don't care about the allegations made against him?

Do we just assume that the guy making the allegations was out for money or something? 

Hang your head in shame. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, daly said:

Haven’t missed it 

How about Martin Peters

Wes

Grant Holt

Kevin  Keelan 571 appearances for NCFC

The list is endless 

Wouldn't disagree with any of those getting a mural/statue.  Keelan was my first hero (after Hugh Curran) - love to see a statue of him flying through the air somewhere or punching an opposing forward 😂😂😂

30 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Hang your head in shame. 

I was genuinely looking for information and opinion. It was before my time.

Edited by KeiranShikari

It’s a fantastic painting. Justin Fashanu deserves to be recognised by the club.  I don’t think I’d have chosen it to be him, certainly not as a single portrait but equally I’m not unhappy with it. 

I’d have preferred some kind of montage I think.

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I was genuinely looking for information and opinion. It was before my time.

This guy done an investigation into it all, if you're really interested:

https://briandeer.com/justin-fashanu.htm

Don't think it's worth questioning the validity of him appearing on that wall though, as pointed out earlier he wasn't without fault but the abuse he received for both his sexual orientation, skin colour and some absurd comments from his own brother most likely done their fair share of damage throughout the years.

Black lives matter, and LGBT rights have sat atop of most agendas when it comes to equality today, I think that's why it's worth tributing his struggles as a player.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 6

I don't know anything about the owner of the pub but I'd guess they chose the subject of the mural and had reasons for choosing what they did. Fashanu may have been a favourite player when they were a kid. Who knows.

I like it anyway. It looked even better close up with a lovely pint yesterday!

• Like 1

On 18/07/2023 at 16:09, hogesar said:

For a second I was thinking Dion Dublin 😂

On 19/07/2023 at 17:39, Google Bot said:

This guy done an investigation into it all, if you're really interested:

https://briandeer.com/justin-fashanu.htm

Don't think it's worth questioning the validity of him appearing on that wall though, as pointed out earlier he wasn't without fault but the abuse he received for both his sexual orientation, skin colour and some absurd comments from his own brother most likely done their fair share of damage throughout the years.

Black lives matter, and LGBT rights have sat atop of most agendas when it comes to equality today, I think that's why it's worth tributing his struggles as a player.

That "investigation" is all ****. The whole "warrant for arrest" thing was rubbish, probably perpetuated by a homophobic media. A Shoreditch police officer gave evidence at Fashanu's inquest and stated that he had made inquiries with the US and confirmed that there was no warrant for his arrest.

His investigation doesn't stand up to much scrutiny; ignoring the fact that he constantly refers to the "trial" that Fashanu dodged as if it was inevitably going to happen when it patently wasn't, just look at the conveniently anonymous emails he's put at the bottom. Huge coincidence that these two unconnected sources yet the both happen to start their emails with "for some reason".

• Like 1

Came up from London on Friday just to see the mural, marvellous. Only met Justin once, in the Caribbean club, Rose Lane. I had never been there before and we went there because I was certain no one there would know me and my companion. That day , Saturday we had lost at Old Trafford, and Justin had been substituted due to injury. He look pretty fit on the dance floor, and damn cool. 

• Like 2

Drove past today, looks incredible! 

Thought it might have been something a bit more recent though, Grant Holt or Wes? 

Other thing(s) that stood out on my trip into the city (on a weeks holiday to the broads). The blue and white Anglian Improvements logo on the Barclay still looks wrong, and bar the South stand, how tired is Carrow Road looking? Even the hotel has all sorts of discolouration?! 

Needs serious investment. It’ not just the City Stand that should be under consideration! Perhaps more murals to paper over the cracks!

I'm happy with the choice of Justin, esp such a great portrait.   Wes, or Keelan, would have been great alternatives, but grant already has a permanent tribute mural at the fc&c on the first garage around the back.

31 minutes ago, ZLF said:

I'm happy with the choice of Justin, esp such a great portrait.   Wes, or Keelan, would have been great alternatives, but grant already has a permanent tribute mural at the fc&c on the first garage around the back.

Ah, didn’t know that. 

On 22/07/2023 at 18:37, FenwayFrank said:

Screenshot_20230722-183402.jpg

Is that the PinkUn's own @Greavsy? Didn't have him down as that much of a bell end.

EDIT: No, it's not Greavsy.

Edited by canarydan23

I see Onel posted it in his latest vlog.

oTwV04ysYwRMxvyqwYEomsSSpwDX9y2QxwqPDg3w

Nice to see a current player acknowledging a previous one in this way.

• Like 5