unique

Daniel Farke to Leeds

Joint favourite with Gerrard, apparently.

How would you feel if that happened?

Happy for him, but absolutely gutted……

It would be a travesty... 

... Unless he was there to sink them from within 

2 minutes ago, unique said:

Alway’s love Daniel. It’s a joy to have been a fan under his leadership. Number one legend for decades to come. 

It would be heart-breaking, but I love his style of play so would be nice to see him back managing in this country.  We've moved on now, the past is the past.

Personally, they're reasonably high profile and I couldn't see them taking the gamble based on his Prem League record, though.  I would love to see him playing farkeball at a club that better equipped him with players though, from a curiosity perspective more than anything.

I honestly couldn’t care less where he ends up, but if he goes there good luck to him. 

Edited by Branston Pickle

Bad fit. It would take him a while to get going there and they wouldn't appreciate how he coaches a team to play off the ball when they get exposed, they like a team that gets stuck in and plays with intensity. The CR crowd grumbled when teams just ran through us unchallenged, bullied us physically and won most second balls, the ER crowd would be apoplectic. It would be a horrible mistake from both parties. He'd fit in much better at Leicester and I'm surprised he's not been linked there yet.

Give him a team like Leicester who should never have been relegated, would be far too good for the league, were built to pass the ball and were capable of having 70% of the ball every game and they would be beautiful to watch and would dominate the league. Give him a Leeds team who were built to run and counter attack and he's struggle massively unless he could completely overhaul the team. 

Farke was perfect fit for us but he's really not as good as the consensus on here would make out, there were serious deficiencies in how he coaches a team without the ball and having Buendia and Pukki as a threat mitigated those faults for us at this level because teams had to adjust to deal with them and let us have the ball. 

I'm sure nobody will agree with me on this. Everyone will say he was amazing and it was all Webber's fault for not signing him players who were good enough to dominate the ball in the PL with our budget (which is impossible by the way) but it's just how I saw it. I love the guy, it was the best football I've ever seen at CR and he's my favourite NCFC manager ever but he has weaknesses and at another club like Leeds in their current situation with different circumstances it's unlikely he'd repeat what he did here. 

• Like 7

Leeds getting sold to the San Fran 49ers so hate to take the job with new owners coming in.

2 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Bad fit. It would take him a while to get going there and they wouldn't appreciate how he coaches a team to play off the ball when they get exposed, they like a team that gets stuck in and plays with intensity. The CR crowd grumbled when teams just ran through us unchallenged, bullied us physically and won most second balls, the ER crowd would be apoplectic. It would be a horrible mistake from both parties. He'd fit in much better at Leicester and I'm surprised he's not been linked there yet.

Give him a team like Leicester who should never have been relegated, would be far too good for the league, were built to pass the ball and were capable of having 70% of the ball every game and they would be beautiful to watch and would dominate the league. Give him a Leeds team who were built to run and counter attack and he's struggle massively unless he could completely overhaul the team. 

Farke was perfect fit for us but he's really not as good as the consensus on here would make out, there were serious deficiencies in how he coaches a team without the ball and having Buendia and Pukki as a threat mitigated those faults for us at this level because teams had to adjust to deal with them and let us have the ball. 

I'm sure nobody will agree with me on this. Everyone will say he was amazing and it was all Webber's fault for not signing him players who were good enough to dominate the ball in the PL with our budget (which is impossible by the way) but it's just how I saw it. I love the guy, it was the best football I've ever seen at CR and he's my favourite NCFC manager ever but he has weaknesses and at another club like Leeds in their current situation with different circumstances it's unlikely he'd repeat what he did here. 

I agree with much of that - we were badly deficient in defence under Farke (and have been since), he was very much helped by Pukki-Emi-Todd, and then Skipp.

It’d be interesting to see if he’s a success somewhere like Leeds.

As for the football, it was good but not as good as 92/93 - that side and into 93/94 was probably the best I’ll see us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

Farke always seemed adamant that Norwich would be his only English club, so I'd be very surprised if he backtracked on that.

The blokes in his 40s do you really expect him to never manage in England again ??   Think most people would be gutted it's it ends up at dirty Leeds though.  

I always find it interesting that some people think that Farke only won the league (twice) because he was “lucky enough” to have Emi, Pukki and Skipp and that it was not much to do with him! Yet in the premier league it was all his fault. 

Maybe Emi, Pukki and Skipp were “lucky” to have found themselves in a Daniel Farke team. Perhaps Pep is just lucky that he has Haaland and de Bruyne. Who knows? That Liverpool only won the league cos the lucky ****s had Salah you know!!

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Coneys Knee said:

I always find it interesting that some people think that Farke only won the league (twice) because he was “lucky enough” to have Emi, Pukki and Skipp and that it was not much to do with him! Yet in the premier league it was all his fault. 

Maybe Emi, Pukki and Skipp were “lucky” to have found themselves in a Daniel Farke team. Perhaps Pep is just lucky that he has Haaland and de Bruyne. Who knows? That Liverpool only won the league cos the lucky ****s had Salah you know!!

Its always a combination that makes it work.

Emi was allowed to blossom under Farke, yet when Emi didn't play the side looked half the team when he did play. 

Citeh still play well when Haaland, De Bruyne and others don't play.

11 hours ago, unique said:

From City's point of view it would be much better if they were to choose Gerrard - we would be one top six rival down!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

I'm sure nobody will agree with me on this.

I agree with you, and I speak as a committed Farke-lover. Great post.

The fans want Carlos Corberan but I think they'd also be happy with DF if the football was good to watch, anyone but Gerrard.  

This "Emi/Skipp/Pukki" thing really annoys me.  Why not this "Emi/Pukki/Skipp/Krul/Stiepermann/Vrancic/Zimmermann/Max" thing, or any combination of any of our players?  It's true with Emi in the team we had a feistiness in midfield that we miss, as much as his assists for Pukki.  He was excellent at getting the ball back when we lost posession and good at harrassing opponents generally at this level. It is that aspect of the game that we miss now, a real pain in the backside for the opposition.

But Farkeball was way more than just two or three players. I remember going to matches where Emi was out of the team and we played just as well without him as with him. Yes, he added that little extra something when he was in the team, but the actual system worked really well with or without him.  Pointing at results with him in the team or not misses the point, which is that give Farke the right players with the right attitude and they will succeed. 

But he needs a club to buy into him 100%.  I don't believe Borussia Munchengladbach players did that - too many egos there. He needs another project to take on where a club is at a low ebb and be able to bring it on, like he did with us - a complete rebuild.

I'll never get over the shock of that sacking at Brentford. It is a stain on our history as far as I'm concerned. I've forgiven Webber for it though, as he was under pressure to do something, but he just blew it.  Farke would have ridden the storm of relegation and overcome the twattish behaviour of one or two players at the time - and reset us as he proved he could do before. It was a special time, with Pukki, Emi, Vrancic, Krul, Max, even Cantwell up to a point, but the focal point of that was the manager, whose philosophy of - and commitment to - togetherness was 100% and never waivered.  It made  Smith look a right plonker from the day he walked into the club, just a damp squib with nothing about him, compared to Farke, for all his faults.

Farke needs a project and Leeds could be that project. Huge expecatation there, but they are also prepared to get behind a project too, as with Bielsa and that American chap. But he should never have been allowed to leave us - and to see him succeed at a club in the same league as us will not be a comfortable feeling, in fact it will just rub it in that we had a great manager and threw him away for no-one in particular to take his place, a decision that felt wrong at the time - and always will feel wrong.

Good luck to him wherever he goes, but we could have done with his charisma over the last eighteen months. Smithboreball and Wagnerkickandrush doesn't do it for me, give me Farkeball any day.

Edited by lake district canary

Firing Farke was the single biggest mistake this club has made in the last 20 years, shortly followed by appointing Dean Smith

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This "Emi/Skipp/Pukki" thing really annoys me.  Why not this "Emi/Pukki/Skipp/Krul/Stiepermann/Vrancic/Zimmermann/Max" thing, or any combination of any of our players?  It's true with Emi in the team we had a feistiness in midfield that we miss, as much as his assists for Pukki.  He was excellent at getting the ball back when we lost posession and good at harrassing opponents generally at this level. It is that aspect of the game that we miss now, a real pain in the backside for the opposition.

But he needs a club to buy into him 100%.  I don't believe Borussia Munchengladbach players did that - too many egos there. He needs another project to take on where a club is at a low ebb and be able to bring it on, like he did with us - a complete rebuild.

Seems to me you’re more a fan of Farke than NCFC, so if he goes to Leeds perhaps you can go and watch them, presumably much closer to home after all.

I couldn’t give a stuff if this ‘Pukki-Emi-Todd’ thing annoys you, the simple fact is he/we dropped lucky having that good axis, as we were bloody woeful in defence, and without them we’d have been nowhere however neat and tidy the football.

Edited by Branston Pickle

5 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Firing Farke was the single biggest mistake this club has made in the last 20 years, shortly followed by appointing Dean Smith

Then followed (again) by the lazy appointment of Webbers old Huddersfield mate!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

No it wasn’t! The guy couldn’t manage at the top level which we were at, and this has been backed up by his failure last season too! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No it wasn’t! The guy couldn’t manage at the top level which we were at, and this has been backed up by his failure last season too! 

And the successive ones haven't been able to get us back up.

I'd hate it.

Would certainly create another dynamic to keep an eye on next season though. How are we doing compared to the scum, and Daniel Farke's Leeds....?