unique

Daniel Farke to Leeds

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

But he needs a club to buy into him 100%.  I don't believe Borussia Munchengladbach players did that - too many egos there

What are you talking about Lakey?  What do you know about the 'egos' of the Borussia Monchengladbach players? I doubt you could name 3 of them let alone somehow know their inner thoughts and feelings. You can't even spell the club's name correctly.

I'll never get over the shock of that sacking at Brentford. It is a stain on our history as far as I'm concerned.

Oh do give over Lakey - what hyperbolic nonsense. The only stains around here are the ones from your endless verbal ejaculations about Daniel.

I've forgiven Webber for it though,

Thank god for that; the poor chap must have been having sleepless nights up until this point.

Credit where credit is due though, this is one of your best posts in a while. It's up there with that time you said no-one would invest in Norwich because we weren't a port. I can only assume Attanasio confused us with Norwich, Connecticut...

I love you, you bearded madman.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Oh do give over Lakey - what hyperbolic nonsense. The only stains around here the ones from your endless verbal ejaculations about Daniel.

Top post DDJ, this bit in particular nearly made me spit my lunch out!

But he needs a club to buy into him 100%.  I don't believe Borussia Munchengladbach players did that - too many egos there. He needs another project to take on where a club is at a low ebb and be able to bring it on, like he did with us - a complete rebuild.

This is just magical thinking Lakey, it’s like Farage and the rest when they say Brexit would have worked, but it wasn’t done right.

I remember going to matches where Emi was out of the team and we played just as well without him as with him. Yes, he added that little extra something when he was in the team, but the actual system worked really well with or without him. 

I felt this at the time, but results don’t back this up sadly.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

No it wasn’t! The guy couldn’t manage at the top level which we were at, and this has been backed up by his failure last season too! 

Binner , bet your looking forward to next year.

I'm looking forward to your manure small boy skipping off to Scotland.

Best of luck next year 

10 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

I remember going to matches where Emi was out of the team and we played just as well without him as with him. Yes, he added that little extra something when he was in the team, but the actual system worked really well with or without him. 

I felt this at the time, but results don’t back this up sadly.

The point I was trying to make was that the underlying system worked well - the football always looked good, even when Emi wasn't in the team. He clearly was the catalyst to help us get results, but he was not a one man team, which some people seem to think. If all it needed was one class player to get results, then there couldn't have been much wrong with the the system.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not a fan of Celtic but uh, fair to say that's a club you have to really **** things up with to do bad with. I'm sure he would do alright, as Celtic always do.

2 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Firing Farke was the single biggest mistake this club has made in the last 20 years, shortly followed by appointing Dean Smith

Webber has a chance to put this right and get Farke back asap. Farke is proven at this level with, hopefully, better investment on the way to back his style of football. I`ll never forgive Webber for sacking him!!! Biggest example of a short sighted decision that basically took the club backwards!!! Yes some people will be angry but the majority of us would again buy into his style of football and management. And lets be honest who is there better out there to lead the club?

Just hope it`s Celtic and not Leeds!!!

Edited by tea total
  • Thanks 2

Wherever Farke goes will they dismantle his mural on the wall of the Fat Cat and Canary and transport it to his new employers, like they do with the Banksy artworks?....

1 hour ago, tea total said:

And lets be honest who is there better out there to lead the club?

I could name 15 to 20 people who would be better. Managers who have greater tactical acumen. Managers who don't fall out with our better players. Managers capable of a plan B. Managers who wouldn't have led the club to 7-0 losses.

The issue was never with sacking Farke. It's with who he was replaced with. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

Am happy for Farke to go to Celtic as it wouldn’t affect us (the only way for us to play a competitive fixture against Celtic is by getting drawn together in one of the continental cups). The last thing I want is for him to go to Elland Road though and Leeding them to promotion

51 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I could change 15 to 20 people who would be better. Managers who have greater tactical acumen. Managers who don't fall out with our better players. Managers capable of a plan B. Managers who wouldn't have led the club to 7-0 losses.

Agreed. There is this ridiculous obsession with Herr Farke amongst many Yellows who continue to pine for him  and will never, ever hear a word of criticism no mater how objective raised in his direction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

The point I was trying to make was that the underlying system worked well - the football always looked good, even when Emi wasn't in the team.

Looking good is 'an' indication of a working system, the other is being able to compete. 

Without Emi we struggled immensely, the stats, as we've all seen before, really shows that the system didn't work when he wasn't in the team:

r2owawkepqf61.png

We were all lucky that Emi came along.  And we were all let down when he, Skipp/Tettey weren't replaced. 

Personnel is not something DF should be held responsible for, and provided with the right pieces I have every belief he'd be a success in the top tier. 

So for me It's no disrespect on his name to say he was lucky to have a player like Emi in his hands, as long people saying that acknowledge the fact that he was ill-equipped in the second prem season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Looking good is 'an' indication of a working system, the other is being able to compete. 

Without Emi we struggled immensely, the stats, as we've all seen before, really shows that the system didn't work when he wasn't in the team:

r2owawkepqf61.png

We were all lucky that Emi came along.  And we were all let down when he, Skipp/Tettey weren't replaced. 

Personnel is not something DF should be held responsible for, and provided with the right pieces I have every belief he'd be a success in the top tier. 

So for me It's no disrespect on his name to say he was lucky to have a player like Emi in his hands, as long people saying that acknowledge the fact that he was ill-equipped in the second prem season.

The thing with Buendia is fine - the stats prove it - but the underlying system and the way we played was just as important. Without Farke's system and philosophy, Buendia would not have been so effective. He was a key player and had great stats at his previous club.....but his previous team did not do well. He did so well at Norwich in the championship because of Farke.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I could name 15 to 20 people who would be better. Managers who have greater tactical acumen. Managers who don't fall out with our better players. Managers capable of a plan B. Managers who wouldn't have led the club to 7-0 losses.

Oh please. Any team can be beaten 7-0 in the PL, especially one with so little resources, so let's get that one straight.

He had a plan B and it was proved over and over that tactics were changed during matches, even if it didn't always work, not that the so called experts on here ever give him credit for that.

As for falling out with our better players, that is a laugh. Falling out with big egos more like. Farke said from day one no-one was more special than anyone else in the squad, yet Oliveira, Leitner and Cantwell plainly thought they were more special - and got what they deserved - kicked out of the team. 

The issue was with sacking Farke and it was compounded by the stupidity of not having anyone worthy to take his place. Farke's main problem was lack of quality in the players, not his systems, not his philosophy or tactics. The players were simply not good enough at PL level and injuries and covid lockdowns just added to that.  At PL level we needed everything going for us to do well - no major injuries and keeping the momentum going - and BOTH PL seasons we were scuppered before we even started with key injuries and covid issues. 

On top of that we had a record breaking season and lost Emi and Skipp from that team for the following PL season and didn't replace them.....yet Farke got the sack......

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh please. Any team can be beaten 7-0 in the PL.

Stopped reading at this point. Man City wouldn't get beaten 7-0 would they? 

Look, it's not my fault you are incapable of seeing a balanced view because you are so set in your sad old ways that talking to you is just a waste of your and more importantly my time. 

Welcome to my ignore list.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Without Farke's system and philosophy, Buendia would not have been so effective.

I'd like to think that also, however, If I consider an alternate reality where he played for Sheff Utd, Leeds, WBA, Villa or Derby in the 18/19 season, would we have even come close to finishing first?

Edited by Google Bot

47 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Oh please. Any team can be beaten 7-0 in the PL, especially one with so little resources, so let's get that one straight.

He had a plan B and it was proved over and over that tactics were changed during matches, even if it didn't always work, not that the so called experts on here ever give him credit for that.

As for falling out with our better players, that is a laugh. Falling out with big egos more like. Farke said from day one no-one was more special than anyone else in the squad, yet Oliveira, Leitner and Cantwell plainly thought they were more special - and got what they deserved - kicked out of the team. 

The issue was with sacking Farke and it was compounded by the stupidity of not having anyone worthy to take his place. Farke's main problem was lack of quality in the players, not his systems, not his philosophy or tactics. The players were simply not good enough at PL level and injuries and covid lockdowns just added to that.  At PL level we needed everything going for us to do well - no major injuries and keeping the momentum going - and BOTH PL seasons we were scuppered before we even started with key injuries and covid issues. 

On top of that we had a record breaking season and lost Emi and Skipp from that team for the following PL season and didn't replace them.....yet Farke got the sack......

You've made a few good points but I have to say you've not answered @Disco Dales Jockstrap regarding his failure this season being down to egos in BMs team? 

I've not seen that mentioned by a single one of their fans or their local media.

5 hours ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Binner , bet your looking forward to next year.

I'm looking forward to your manure small boy skipping off to Scotland.

Best of luck next year 

Grow up you idiot 

27 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Grow up you idiot 

Afraid this is what happens on this forum. There's no acknowledgment of the fact quite alot of people feel Farke had passed his sell by date at Norwich. 

No one seems to have anything to say to the fact that if the manager that replaced him had been any good, Farke would undeniably be accepted as having left at the right time.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I disagree tbh. Farke was the type of manager who fitted the club's philosophy of turning players into sellable assets! Farke wasn't technically inept at Premiership level at all. He had to find a way of stepping up to the next level with players who were technically unable to make that step up. Some fans on here wanted instant success but it was never going to happen regardless of who was manager. Some of us on here are totally bemused on why Farke was ever sacked and replaced by a manager who played a negative kind of football that was alien to what we were used to. All managers fall out with players and you'd be nieve to think that it doesn't happen. 7-0 losses against teams who have pots of money compared to us isn't as embarrassing as we think. That's just another excuse to throw out there. Yes things could be better but to sack Farke, and at least not replace him with a manager who would continue with the "project" so to speak, was bizarre to say the least! Finances is the issue and not the managers.

It amazes me how still people can't see parting with Farke wasn't the wrong decision,  hiring Smith was the utter **** up.

We all loved Farke but it had all gone wrong with him.

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

It amazes me how still people can't see parting with Farke wasn't the wrong decision,  hiring Smith was the utter **** up.

We all loved Farke but it had all gone wrong with him.

Sacking Farke was the correct decision at the time, provided we replaced him with someone as good, if not better.

Unfortunately Smith was one of the worst managers we have ever had, which totally undermines Webber's decision in the first place.

Even if we had still gone down, and we would have under Farke, I can't help thinking the club would be in a better place with him leading our promotion challenge.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Sacking Farke was the correct decision at the time, provided we replaced him with someone as good, if not better.

Unfortunately Smith was one of the worst managers we have ever had, which totally undermines Webber's decision in the first place.

Even if we had still gone down, and we would have under Farke, I can't help thinking the club would be in a better place with him leading our promotion challenge.

^^ this. Smith took this club from yo yo to mediocre champs side in just months. All the players went backwards and style vanished

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Look, it's not my fault you are incapable of seeing a balanced view because you are so set in your sad old ways that talking to you is just a waste of your and more importantly my time. 

I’d guess you’re on more than you give!!! That’s rich too coming from me . 

15 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I don't disagree with that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

And not many teams have the financial clout Chelsea had at that time!!! Pop me on the list aswell! And yes...I did edit it from Man City to Chelsea 

Edited by tea total

23 minutes ago, tea total said:

And not many teams have the financial clout Man City have!!! Pop me on the list aswell!

1. We lost 7-0 to Chelsea, not Man City.

2. We beat Man City not that long ago. So we showed we can not only compete there, but overcome.

3. There's no issue with losing. What I have issue with is the absolute abject surrender shown by Daniel Farke's sides not just at the end of his tenure, but during project restart too.

4. On the 22nd May 2022, you posted 

Good luck with motivating a team who is low on confidence, not scoring, can't defend, concedes silly goals, doesn't have a style of play and negativity running through the corridors of Colney and Carrow Road! That can be done over time but to ask DS or anyone to do that sort of stuff in a short space of time is a big ask. Smith doesn't have the players at his disposal to make most of the technical changes the team needs. The players are mentally way behind most teams in the Premiership. Decision making, concentration positional play, reading the game...we've been poor in those areas all season.

Who was it whose management of the team made the players low on confidence, not scoring, unable to defend and conceeding silly goals, with no style of play etc etc?

5. Why would I ignore you because we disagree about something? It's perfectly fine to disagree. What I despise is a person unable and unwilling to consider an alternative point of view. 

Your views are perfect valid; you even make some good points in the prior post. I just disagree with them. 

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Grow up you idiot 

Truth hurt?
Talk sh1t and I will call you out on it, sorry you got butt hurt.