2 hours ago, Indy said:

MA, owner, Farke DOF & Russell as head coach? Would that do for some?

Yes please. 

8 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah great let's bring back the guy who had a big say in recruitment to replace the guy we want gone because of how **** they all have been at recruitment. 

Give me strength.

I think we can assume he had a big say in the early recruitment, especially of players from the lower leagues in Germany. In those days we also had Scott, and Webber seemed willing to listen to people who were more knowledgeable than him. What is not so certain is whether he had much of a say in the disastrous recruitment of summer 21. For example, Michael Bailey has claimed that Farke only wanted three high-quality players, including a DM, but didn't get what he wanted. The fact that Bailey said this doesn't prove it is true, of course, but I'm certainly willing to think that Webber believed his own PR by then and thought he knew better than everyone else.

• Like 2

Going back never works. But in the current scenario, I’d take it.

Although, the thing everyone has to remember, we won’t have another Buendia / Pukki paring again. As brilliant as Farke was, I’m sure he’d success wouldn’t have been to the same level if he hadn’t had those two.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Although, the thing everyone has to remember, we won’t have another Buendia / Pukki paring again. As brilliant as Farke was, I’m sure he’d success wouldn’t have been to the same level if he hadn’t had those two.

Going back is rarely a good idea. Mike Walker springs to mind. Although it *might* be different if someone returns to a different role?

The whole discussion is moot, anyway. No way he's coming back while Webber is still here and there's no way Webber's giving up his place on the gravy train, especially now he might have a foot in the door of the lucrative job market in US sport.

Edited by canarybubbles

9 hours ago, Pyro Pete said:

Daniel originally wanted to be a Sporting Director.

Just throwing it out there...

And the Leeds owner is apparently considering a move for Webber.

Farke in Webber out, that would be glorious.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Perhaps it would be glorious, perhaps not. But it would almost certainly be a sigh of relief. I think a hell of a lot of fans would feel they'd got their club back.

• Like 1

I'd have him here as sporting director in a shot...then webber can move over to buildings operations manager overseeing the training ground that he's so proud of.

But

I suspect any worth he may have in that role would now be redundant due to brexit laws denying us making the kind of continental signings we once could

Why on earth would anybody want a failed manager back here? He can’t manage in the top flight here and seemingly can’t in Germany, either.

He removed strong characters with backbone from the squad, which we are so sorely in need of, and has very limited game management skills.

Norwich fans talk about binners banging on about the past but there’s always threads on here about getting utter dross like Bradley Johnson or Farke back.

Just leave all this crap in the past where it belongs and find some ambition.

• Like 4

Well that is one piece of the rebuilding falling into place 

9 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

You mean he's likely to say "well, nah, the signings are a load of dross, I wouldn't have bought them personally and yeah, we're absolutely screwed".

I look forward to seeing that press conference if it happens.

That is approximately what Scott Parker said at Bournemouth! Yet there were people who thought he could do a job for us. Farke is a legend here. I’d have him back in an instant.

9 hours ago, hogesar said:

I actually think Farke needs Webber as much as Webber needs him

The inside track was Farke was very good at upsetting certain players who'd then not be in the first team. Cantwell and Buendia are high profile ones but if you think back you'll remember a few more. It is said that Webber was good at making sure those players stay focused and kept working towards getting back into Farkes side rather than simply throwing the towel in.

It sounds like Farke hasn't had that support in Germany.

That's the only reservation that I, personally, have regarding some sort of Daniel Farke return to Carrow Road.

That lingering doubt that his intransigence towards those who did not completely tow his line was bordering on the extreme. This was perhaps shown in the quite high number of undercurrents that were rumoured to have existed during his time here.

It actually started with the D'Oliveira incident, one in which most sided with the manager at the time. Dolly had actually been good for the City and had hitherto not be troublesome. Perhaps on hindsight his petulant behaviour resulted in an over reaction by Farke. There was also, among others, the ongoing Cantwell saga and, of course the Tzolis penalty incident. There were more.

That he was his own man, celebrating promotion alone eating cake, is no problem, but, I always had the uncomfortable feeling that perhaps DF's relationship with the fans was often better than the one he had with certain players.

Of course this is speculation and a poster above actually highlights his man management, so we'll never know.

Does this bode well for the man as DOF at Carrow Road? Well I, for one would prefer taking that risk than continuing with the abrasiveness of Stuart Webber.  Farke was always humble as well.

42 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'd have him here as sporting director in a shot...then webber can move over to buildings operations manager overseeing the training ground that he's so proud of.

But

I suspect any worth he may have in that role would now be redundant due to brexit laws denying us making the kind of continental signings we once could

They're likely to ease up this year

Why would we want him back here? The idea is to get to the top flight surely? That’s where it all goes wrong for him as he clearly cannot manage at the top level whatever anybody on here says. 

He found his level here in the Championship, irs like so many managers they find a club they stand out at and then when they need to step up they can’t do it sadly.

However, I’m sure he’d be a decent SD replacing the fraud that is Webber. 

52 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Why on earth would anybody want a failed manager back here? He can’t manage in the top flight here and seemingly can’t in Germany, either.

He removed strong characters with backbone from the squad, which we are so sorely in need of, and has very limited game management skills.

Norwich fans talk about binners banging on about the past but there’s always threads on here about getting utter dross like Bradley Johnson or Farke back.

Mid table in top flight Germany, with some pretty memorable results along the way. I think mid table top division playing good football isn’t exactly something to regard as failure. If your threshold for failure for a club the size of ours is being dissatisfied with a club in the top 24 (which Farke after first season did) then you’ll be dissatisfied pretty much all of the time. 

59 minutes ago, non-scoring strikers said:

We're not in the top flight. We're a bang average Championship side on a rapid decline. And personally I believe that one of the reasons we had such a poor season is that we were thinking too much about the PL and not enough about being decent at the level we were playing in.

Personally I don't want him back as Head Coach but I would welcome him as SD if that meant replacing Webber.

1 hour ago, non-scoring strikers said:

Which strong characters with backbone did Farke remove from the squad?

10 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Best man manager/coach of individuals ever at NCFC, but absolute **** tactically and in game. 

Ironically this is a pretty strong argument for making him Sporting Director. 

• Like 3

Realistically, Norwich are never going to be more than a yo-yo club. People say Farke couldn't cut it in the Prem but it doesn't matter who we get, we are getting relegated sooner or later. If we survive a couple of seasons or even a few seasons we'll eventually be relegated - unless we are billionaire rich.

So, until we are billionaire rich are we getting better than Farke???

Two things about him:

Firstly, his brand of football was a joy to watch.

Secondly, and this should not be underestimated, he bled yellow and green. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, canarybubbles said:

I think we can assume he had a big say in the early recruitment, especially of players from the lower leagues in Germany. In those days we also had Scott, and Webber seemed willing to listen to people who were more knowledgeable than him. What is not so certain is whether he had much of a say in the disastrous recruitment of summer 21. For example, Michael Bailey has claimed that Farke only wanted three high-quality players, including a DM, but didn't get what he wanted. The fact that Bailey said this doesn't prove it is true, of course, but I'm certainly willing to think that Webber believed his own PR by then and thought he knew better than everyone else.

Didn't Bailey also say we failed to land those three quality players? So it wasn't so much choice to go the route we did...

Scott was still here for that transfer window. I believe he went to 'boro in the September (could be wrong).

Honestly, right now, a Daniel Farke DOF / Russell Martin Head Coach partnership would really be a bold and promising move.

I'm a bit conflicted with the idea that he was a good 'man-manager' in that we don't 100% know as such. By that I mean there were certainly cases where players were ostracised.

Leitner, Oliviera, Drmic perhaps Trybull too. There could be more... Cantwell?

He was certainly expert a squad unity. Perhaps those players were too disruptive to that?

The conflict comes in that the greatest man-managers have to manage those types of players and include them in that team unity. Fergie had Keane in his side, and Cantona.

Now the players mentioned are not that good, but they certainly had that arrogance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mullet said:

Pretty much the only realistic way this would happen, if it was even a possibility.

Who’s sacking Webber in the middle of a takeover he and his wife were apparently instrumental in setting up?

28 minutes ago, GJP said:

Realistically, Norwich are never going to be more than a yo-yo club. People say Farke couldn't cut it in the Prem but it doesn't matter who we get, we are getting relegated sooner or later. If we survive a couple of seasons or even a few seasons we'll eventually be relegated - unless we are billionaire rich.

So, until we are billionaire rich are we getting better than Farke???

Two things about him:

Firstly, his brand of football was a joy to watch.

Secondly, and this should not be underestimated, he bled yellow and green. 

I think you can probably say that about all clubs who do not constitute the top-six+ of superclubs. It's the nature of the game nowadays.

Even Southampton are currently on the slide, and they had seemingly become a fixture in the top division.

Stoke are viewed as being quite ordinary these days, and they managed ten seasons from 2008.

Is there any doubting that the likes of all of Bournemouth, Brentford, Brighton, Fulham, Palace, Forest and others will be relegated sooner rather than later.

They say that every dog has its day and even Luton Town could be the next in line. 

The thing about City, and the cause of much discontent, is that we have had more opportunities than most in recent seasons to make at least some lasting impact but have squandered each and every one.

I don't blame Daniel Farke at the slightest for this whether he was sent into battle without a gun or whether his tactics were amiss. I more blame the 'Little Old Norwich' mentality' emanating from the top with it the insinuation that we should 'know our place' and are therefore half-relegated before the season has even begun.

But, that's my current hobby-horse. We desperately need some good old US style determination to succeed whatever the odds. It might well not come off, but at least we won't be ridiculed.

• Like 1

The case for bringing Farke back (assuming he would come back) would be that he had proven success in the Championship, that he brought an identity to the Club and that he could arrest the decline in Supporter sentiment. Whether as Sporting Director to replace a failing Webber or as a replacement for the failing Wagner. However how many successes are there at second stints at football clubs? So probably not a good idea unless Webber decides he can do no more here and decamps to Leeds or base camp of Everest.

2 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Robins at Coventry and Jones at Luton (even though he walked again but got rich at Southampton) Some managers are just a perfect fit for certain clubs. 

Edited by Midlands Yellow
  • Like 1

I love Farke as much as the next Norwich fan but check out his premier league record.

played 49

won 6

drawn 8

lost 35

goals for 31

goals against 101

It is sobering reading

Edited by Ulfotto

He should never have been sacked from us. Simply should have been trusted to carry on with all the ups and downs that go with football.  After all he was given a four year  contract for that purpose after a record season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1