cambridgeshire canary

I see the binners are giving it big across social media

We've had our worst season season since our relegation to league 1. They've had by far their best season in that same period yet we're still a division above them. As they love to say, mind the gap.

1 minute ago, KeiranShikari said:

We've had our worst season season since our relegation to league 1. They've had by far their best season in that same period yet we're still a division above them. As they love to say, mind the gap.

Erm not to be pedantic but we're in the same division now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And you know what the saddest part is? Not only do I not blame them but I'm not exactly looking forward to playing them as I used to that much is for sure..

I wouldn’t know because I don’t go looking for it. And I still wouldn’t know if someone doesn’t take it upon themselves to trawl through the Binners media and bring it on here . 

What exactly is the point Cambridge ? 

• Like 1

They came second in division 3 (couldn’t even win it) after taking four years to get out of it. Shows how dire things have been for them if they find that brag worthy. So I’m not overly worried about their gobby-ness. They’ve always been all mouth, heard it all before. 

I've never looked forward to playing them and it makes me a nervous wreck every time but in my 30 years of supporting Norwich, more often than not we've turned them over every time.

Posters keep bringing up the same (or very similar) boring cr4p about them and their sudden fear about playing them next season.

For Christ sake, people need to stop being so gutless, sensationalist and pathetic with this type of posts. Yes we have had an awful season by our standards and yes the Binners have finally got out of Div 3.  

However, lets concentrate on our situation and sod them.

Finally, they may be giving it big across social media but they certainly are not where it matters most. The news just reported a paltry ten thousand only turned up for their promotion party. Just let that sink in, ten thousand only. 

Embarrassing level of support.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Sunderland are in the playoffs with 8 players who came up from league one last year.  I'm worried ipswich will do the same next season. 

Football is nuts, this Ipswich are far better than the Sunderland team who were promoted last season. Obviously summer recruitment is key, lots to do at Carrow Road. 

They have deliberately changed their paid social posts to show for users matching a Norwich location. I've blocked 7-8 pages that have done it. It does seem hugely petty, but to be expected, the sun shines on a dogs doodaah occasionally. For anyone who hasn't set up pay per click advertising, you can select your audience by location. You are now their target audience by choice.

18 minutes ago, overthebordercanary said:

Sunderland are in the playoffs with 8 players who came up from league one last year.  I'm worried ipswich will do the same next season. 

The Mackems have been sensational with a bunch of committed young players and all the while being without their most important player!  They may yet achieve a 'back to back' promotion. League One is derided by many on here solely because Ipswich have stormed it.  Sunderland are proving it might not quite be the 'rubbish' league those posters would suggest.   

One other point - Blackpool will be playing in this 'rubbish' league next season but attack wise today they were highly impressive. We could do MUCH worse than nab C J Hamilton from them. He was outstanding as was Morgan Rogers. Webber - please take note!

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

The Mackems have been sensational with a bunch of committed young players and all the while being without their most important player!  They may yet achieve a 'back to back' promotion. League One is derided by many on here solely because Ipswich have stormed it.  Sunderland are proving it might not quite be the 'rubbish' league those posters would suggest.   

One other point - Blackpool will be playing in this 'rubbish' league next season but attack wise today they were highly impressive. We could do MUCH worse than nab C J Hamilton from them. He was outstanding as was Morgan Rogers. Webber - please take note!

Interesting that you can storm a league and not even manage to win it!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Interesting that you can storm a league and not even manage to win it!!

It kind of makes being second after three seasons of not troubling the top six look better. It's poor though. Easy to see through. 

6 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Erm not to be pedantic but we're in the same division now

Actually, that isn’t correct. If you want to be pedantic, the season doesn’t end until the FA Cup final is played.  It’s still ‘this’ season.  We will be in the same division’next’ season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

The problem has been, for several seasons now, that the days of picking up players on the cheap from lower down the EFL are gone. There may still be some steals, most likely players entering the last year of their contracts or from clubs that are struggling for money or a combination of both etc.

It'll be one to watch over the summer for sure. 

They will rock up realise they have a lower / relegation championship squad and be straight back down.

Too good for league 1, not good enough for the champ.

Like us, found their level. 

3 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

They will rock up realise they have a lower / relegation championship squad and be straight back down.

Too good for league 1, not good enough for the champ.

Like us, found their level. 

Only seen them on TV but after today’s performance you’re talking rubbish 

We are  as it stands a bottom half Championship side at best

Could be in a relegation battle next season 

• Haha 1

Christ. So many knees knocking worrying about them. FFS, grow a pair. Firstly, we have no idea what our squad will look like come the start of next season. Secondly, I couldn’t name one player they have that I’d want - mainly because they’re a lower league side, but also because I couldn’t give a shiny ****e about them. They had a really promising youngster; he plays for us. Josh Sargent would have got 912 goals for them. Probably.

We’ve ended this season terribly, that’s not debatable. We’ve done so with a kid and Jacob Sorensen playing centre back and our - I don’t care if you agree or not - most effective central midfielder knackered on the injury table. Once we lost Kenny, Hanley and Gibson we lost leadership, hopefully that isn’t debatable. We played a lot of young players and they were hamstrung by that lack of authority across the pitch; I think it was Clough that said you needed to ‘count the hearts’ on the bus and, sadly, in the last dozen games or whatever, I’m not sure we had any. Maybe we should have played Krul who certainly appears more demanding than Gunn, probably through seniority, but we had little to no accountability on the pitch.

Pukki was a senior player but isn’t particularly vocal, he isn’t going to demand the same levels as a Holt or Roberts for instance. I think we’ve been unfortunate to lose all our ‘hearts’ at the same time but you’d hope that we had enough guidance from the bench to at least counter some of that. We haven’t had that. To me, that makes me question whether Wagner will ever have what it takes; does he deserve a window to set up and have a go? I’m not sure. I’ve seen nothing from him to make me think he’s got the cojones to turn us into a promotion side. Yet, in fairness, he has had the worst possible luck with injuries, our loan players have - again - been largely dreadful, so have we had a fair opportunity to properly judge him?

But what now?

Does anyone have the faith to trust him with whatever budget we have following the inevitable sale of assets? I’d say no.

If we DO give him that opportunity, start as we’ve ended this season and then what? Wait until January? Risky.

I hope that the Americans stand up to be counted and at the very least inject funding but I’ve little to go on that this will be the case but then we were never this bad until they got involved (recently).

I think we would all like some reassurance at this point, either way our recruitment is under the spotlight more than ever this summer, if Webber remains in situ, these next few months are the biggest of his tenure. Finding an Emi every couple of years is unlikely (impossible) but he needs to find some rabbits in his hat. Talk of older players on frees doesn’t seem a bad place to start because we lack leadership and seniority; we need more heart and bottle in the squad. It’s a massive few months though, hopefully Webber has a plan. We’re at a precarious point on the footballing mountain; there’s a route to the summit but there’s a fear that get this wrong and we’ll get swept away by an avalanche. 

• Like 1

Show them this. Then explain that whatever happens in the forever revolving merry-go-round of football, NOTHING will ever change the total destruction we caused them that season and they will NEVER come Klose to matching it!

OTBC 

• Like 1

There's a chance we'll both be down there next season. Also a chance we'll both be up there. Chaplin is their best player and struggled at this level previously... depends how they strengthen over the summer and the same for us. 

I'd have a lot more faith if Norwich had a few 'up & at 'em' Ashley Barnes-type attitudes amongst the ranks. We need strong, technical players with a winning sense of purpose. Hopefully Norwich & Ipswich won't be shopping in the same recruitment marketplace...

Looking forward to playing the Tractor Boys again next season. Why wouldn't you? Would be even better if we were both Premier League teams too. 

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Adds a bit of spice to next season. If we can get six points off them, it goes a long way to helping us up.  Surely we should be looking forwards to these games?

Derby games are riddled with tension and no fun if your team loses.

Not something I look forward to at all.

It has always been thus. I was told by a Newcastle supporter friend when I was in school 'if Norwich beat Ipswich you hear about it the day after. If Ipswich beat Norwich you hear about it for 3 weeks'.

There's a long way to go between now and the answers to these questions, though. The odds would favour us still. And even having just finished this dreadful season I'd still take our current positions over swapping.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

What a way to celebrate getting out of league 1 at the fourth attempt ( laughing face)

8A3202F9-C923-48E6-8AA8-C43BDB725AAA.jpeg

Does he get half price off the relegation one in a year's time if he shows the tattooist that one?

• Haha 1