Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

The Old Bird From Reepham On Myfootballwriter.

Great read. As I've said many times, the club is a shambles and on yet another downward trajectory. The owners are WAAAYY past their sell by date. Time to pack your bags and take Webber and Dean with you. There surely can't be many happy clappers left who support this regime can there?

All the best. Big Keith Scott.

• Haha 1

Just read that. Wow.............. if anybody thinks there is no problem with our club at the moment, they need to listen to a dedicated fan who knows what she is talking about  

• Like 1

"So, in a nutshell, the whole thing really needs revamping from top to bottom. Relations need to be restored with the local press, and fans who give up their time and money must be respected and re-engaged."

I think that does the trick 👍

It's a really good piece and manages to be critical of Delia and Michael without resorting to abuse or disrespect, which is an example to be followed, I would say.

I just wonder what Dan Houlker and his media team will make of it when the have their scan of the Pinkun forum in the morning ?

The content about the siege mentality and people being punished and having privileges taken away. Men in suits with winkle pickers on thinking they have any idea what’s going on. Bunch of losers, never worked a day in their lives.

Spot on in everything she says, the problems lie far deeper than just changing the coach, until the likes of the majority shareholders and mr and Mrs Webber are gone things won’t improve sadly. 

• Like 1

There is so much truth in that article. I am 400 miles away and can see its true. 

In their attempts to do things the right way, our majority shareholders have appointed administrators. No, not those ones, but people to run the club. But they also want to retain the family club attitude. 

Does Webber resemble your favourite Uncle?

Very interesting insight from Kathy.  Sad to hear so many long term employees have left and people brought in are not familiar enough with the club, but then it's also been said maybe the club was too cosy, too comfortable and that it was part of the plan to make the club less cosy and more businesslike. Perception is everything but there are two ways to look at it and while I don't like to see a club robbed of it's long term staff, maybe change was necessary......but then it sounds like they have gone too far with that.

The disconnect with fans is a huge problem, it's apparent that it's not a minority and that many reasonable people are questioning the whole ethos of the direction of the club.  So the big question of course is when will things change - and that has to come from the top. That means DS and MJW - how much control do they have over events and could they bring about necessary changes?  Do they have the willpower to make big changes?  The last big change was apparently at the instigation of Ed Balls with the procurement of a sporting director, so who is at the club that can do something similar?  No-one - unless Anastasio is able to take over - and that must be our best bet to get out of this situation where so many people are disgruntled with the club. 

I don't like saying it, I've been a full on supporter of DS and MJW, but maybe, just maybe, the time is right to allow others to take over the mantle at the top of the club. As @Feedthewolf said somewhere today, let Webber do the business and get us a new manager or head coach, then over the next year see Webber off and give Anastasio the reins to do a root and branch overhaul of the club - with a the fans at the heart of it, making sure they are brought back onboard - and also allowing the media to do their jobs without censure. 

She’s nailed it, Smith isn’t the root cause (although he needs to go for his part) he’s a symptom of a much worse issue.

I'm sorry but 'Roederesque-like' is nonsensical. 'Esque' means 'like'. You can either have 'Roederesque' or 'Roeder-like'.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Nothing to disagree with there.

The first commenter to that, Alex B, was playing Delia bingo.

If he'd mentioned hambags and train sets, he would have had a full house.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Petriix said:

I'm sorry but 'Roederesque-like' is nonsensical. 'Esque' means 'like'. You can either have 'Roederesque' or 'Roeder-like'.

And the award goes to .. you! - Album on Imgur

😀

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I agree with very much of that.

The only thing I would say is NCFC does have to change and unfortunately it also needs to be run better as a business and that may mean a harder edge and attitude to what we are used to. It needs to be run better as a business as we need to compete off the pitch as well as on it. That said, there has to be a better balance to what we are seeing now.

A few also question the importance of the fan disconnect but we are clearly starting to see the disrespect that breeds both from Club to supporter and vice versa.

The ‘siege mentality’ mentioned in the article certainly seems to have stepped up in the wake of yesterday’s game. 

The club’s lack of output on social media channels today is very significant I think. At best, they’re sulking. At worst, they’re now actively going for the disconnect. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Very interesting insight from Kathy.  Sad to hear so many long term employees have left and people brought in are not familiar enough with the club, but then it's also been said maybe the club was too cosy, too comfortable and that it was part of the plan to make the club less cosy and more businesslike. Perception is everything but there are two ways to look at it and while I don't like to see a club robbed of it's long term staff, maybe change was necessary......but then it sounds like they have gone too far with that.

The disconnect with fans is a huge problem, it's apparent that it's not a minority and that many reasonable people are questioning the whole ethos of the direction of the club.  So the big question of course is when will things change - and that has to come from the top. That means DS and MJW - how much control do they have over events and could they bring about necessary changes?  Do they have the willpower to make big changes?  The last big change was apparently at the instigation of Ed Balls with the procurement of a sporting director, so who is at the club that can do something similar?  No-one - unless Anastasio is able to take over - and that must be our best bet to get out of this situation where so many people are disgruntled with the club. 

I don't like saying it, I've been a full on supporter of DS and MJW, but maybe, just maybe, the time is right to allow others to take over the mantle at the top of the club. As @Feedthewolf said somewhere today, let Webber do the business and get us a new manager or head coach, then over the next year see Webber off and give Anastasio the reins to do a root and branch overhaul of the club - with a the fans at the heart of it, making sure they are brought back onboard - and also allowing the media to do their jobs without censure. 

Well there we have it! When Mr. Ambleside 'turns' then the likes of Mr Nutty Nigel and others must realize that  the 26 (!!) year reign is drawing to a close and it could be an ignominious ending at that unfortunately. Although I have been a fervent critic of The Stowmarket Two almost since they swept into power, I do respect and appreciate the periods of success they have presided over. It would be a great tragedy indeed if this season really did implode (as it may well do if they pull up the drawbridge) and we were relegated (again to the 'third tier'). That may seem fanciful for the so called 'best squad in the division'  but our current 'form' and the vitriol now cascading from the stands might make that a not unrealistic possibility.

1 hour ago, yellowrider120 said:

Well there we have it! When Mr. Ambleside 'turns' then the likes of Mr Nutty Nigel and others must realize that  the 26 (!!) year reign is drawing to a close and it could be an ignominious ending at that unfortunately. Although I have been a fervent critic of The Stowmarket Two almost since they swept into power, I do respect and appreciate the periods of success they have presided over. It would be a great tragedy indeed if this season really did implode (as it may well do if they pull up the drawbridge) and we were relegated (again to the 'third tier'). That may seem fanciful for the so called 'best squad in the division'  but our current 'form' and the vitriol now cascading from the stands might make that a not unrealistic possibility.

26 years of constant attacks on 'your cook' and you name check me in this because you think Kathy's words from the heart somehow support you. If anything the article looks fondly on the little old Norwich of old.

You should stick to your new hobby of being frit of the binners. They'll get out of the third division one day...

👍

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I just wonder what Dan Houlker and his media team will make of it when the have their scan of the Pinkun forum in the morning ?

Do they do that? Is that a recent move?

I think it’s funny and disturbing in equal measures that there’s clearly a secret society of people working at Carrow road that have to talk in hushed tones like they are on the Underground Railroad or something about how crap all the management are.

Ive been saying for a while, root and stem, the infection has grown very wild.