king canary

The worst news if true...

Just now, Herman said:

Large, but not enormous, German team, finish off with a coach that reinvigorated his career. Definitely a possibility.

Cheeky swap for Embolo.  Would fit Smith's plans.

If Pukki wants to leave then fair enough. This isn’t proof of it either way. If we sell him there will be a riot though. 

I don’t trust this board, Webber (not even there) or the manager frankly. Bad times for the club.

People will lose faith fast and the protests will grow and every time they do grow the club will drag the fans through the dirt. It’s a tactic they’ve used before and will again.

I don’t think they realise the knife edge they are on.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

This was always going to happen imo - Idah and Sargent chould be awesome if they both find their best form. Would still prefer Pukki to stay though. 

When was and what is their best form?I'm sorry,I really don't believe either are good enough even at Champ level.

• Like 4

Pukki is a guaranteed 20 plus goals next season. If he goes for £7/8m how do you replace that 20 plus goals? Wages and a feee doesn't get you that guarantee.

Smith has already said he expects him to be here next season.

Selling, in my opinion would be a disaster for our hopes of going up next year. 

On a purely sporting level I think it would be a mistake.

There's little chance that any club will meet our asking price.

He is a cheat code in the Championship and I would expect Webber to 'take the hit' of him leaving for nothing next summer if it means promotion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:

When was and what is their best form?I'm sorry,I really don't believe either are good enough even at Champ level.

Completely agree - neither of them are PL quality strikers. Pukki is, and is a massive reason behind our recent success. Taking him away is no different to removing Buendia. Yeah we can try replace him with cheap imports but it just ain't going to cut the mustard. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

He is a cheat code in the Championship and I would expect Webber to 'take the hit' of him leaving for nothing next summer if it means promotion.

Exactly this.

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

I genuinely believe that with Webber at the helm, we would sell Pukki for less than 7 to 8m so that he can play some more real life football manager. 

God, I hope I'm wrong!! We need someone to come in for Raschica or Aarons to prevent him selling Pukki I think. Unfortunately, I don't think Aarons is much desired this summer with plenty of other cheaper RB alternatives being discussed for big transfers  

2 hours ago, priceyrice said:

I genuinely believe that with Webber at the helm, we would sell Pukki for less than 7 to 8m so that he can play some more real life football manager. 

God, I hope I'm wrong!! We need someone to come in for Raschica or Aarons to prevent him selling Pukki I think. Unfortunately, I don't think Aarons is much desired this summer with plenty of other cheaper RB alternatives being discussed for big transfers  

State of this comment - so bad I quoted it twice 

• Confused 1

It is a worry if its a long and protracted sale and we are in limbo looking for another player. We would find it difficult to replace him just as we did with Buendia, Skipp and an out of form Todd.

We couldn't even find someone to play alongside him. And with the club trying to make out there isn't a great deal of money around (why I don't know) then where the hell are we going to get a replacement for him at a decent price?

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

It is a worry if its a long and protracted sale and we are in limbo looking for another player. We would find it difficult to replace him just as we did with Buendia, Skipp and an out of form Todd.

We couldn't even find someone to play alongside him. And with the club trying to make out there isn't a great deal of money around (why I don't know) then where the hell are we going to get a replacement for him at a decent price?

And yet we already have replaced all 3 

3 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I agree with this too. As we know, solely relying on Pukki doesn't work in the PL - as with Finland, he needs a partner if he's playing at that level and very few teams play with two up top all the time. So he won't start every week with any other team and why would we let him leave, even for £10m (which, incidentally, no one will pay) when we know he's going to score 20 goals this season?

At least Purple is the only one in this topic who got a much fuller picture than most who read one sentence then think Pukki is on his way. Yes, so Teemu would like to play in the Prem..is that not the wish of most professional footballers?...It was also said that would be difficult....his age, which yes was mentioned in this topic, but also that he was a star player at this club, that the fans adored him, that he was he was obviously essential for NCFC...he also said Teemu is the kind of guy who respects and honours his contract.

Bottom line is, if any club from the Prem offer a fee for Teemu that the club feel is to good to turn down then sure, he will go...is not that the case with any player at any club?...I see nothing new in what an agent of a footballer has said about his client here.

32 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe he’ll team up with Farke once more? 

I refuse to believe we would actually sell Teemu at this stage, but the Farke connection worries me. I mean, he's probably still got him on speed dial!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mannings bandy legs said:
1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Idah and Sargent could be awesome if they both find their best form. Would still prefer Pukki to stay though. 

When was and what is their best form?

We haven't seen their best form yet. It's the potential there that is exciting and they are both at the stage in their careers where that potential can be realised - away from the PL goldfish bowl, lots of games to play and this season is a good platform for them both to find their best form.

One last thing. Webber wasn’t at the last few games because he was afraid of the fanbase. Frankly, I don’t want him at anymore games. Go and climb some stairs or watch at home. He shouldn’t be welcome on Carrow Road

çûñt

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

Yep which even his agent seems to understand...

"The problem is that Teemu is too valuable a player for Norwich and that he is 32 years old," he said. "This equation is difficult to solve. The player is too valuable for the current club, and the player from the Premier League is too expensive for the alternative club.

2 hours ago, Feedthewolf said:

This would be an absolute disaster. His movement, work rate, positioning and finishing would be incredibly difficult to replace. Even with only a year left on his contract and at 32 years old, we should be holding out for £10m if he does want to go. Top-flight goals cost top money.

Yeah, how much would we have to pay to get a striker who would get us 25 goals in the Championship. 

1 minute ago, Haus said:

Yeah, how much would we have to pay to get a striker who would get us 25 goals in the Championship. 

Whatever that fee is, we won't pay it. 

18 minutes ago, Yobocop said:

And yet we already have replaced all 3 

How has that gone ?

1 minute ago, komakino said:

Whatever that fee is, we won't pay it. 

Lazy comment considering the fee could be irrelevant i.e when we signed Pukki.

If i was Pukki and the Service he is given last season i think i would want to move on 

i would be thinking moving to a team in the top division in one of the European cups ( lesser team )

one last signing on fee maybe higher wages 

more quality around him 

He has never caused us any problems ,when we went down he helped us back up so i have no problem if he wants to move on 

Edited by norfolkngood

1 hour ago, NWC said:

Teemu has been an amazing servant for us and is one of my fovourite players, BUT we do have to play a certain way with him in the team (crafty through balls relyingg on his speed of thought).

Last season, with that summer recruitment, we found this difficult.

With a more robust Idah/Sargent type strike we can play a more traditional way, (some might say an easier way) with high crosses into the box.

I think the easier way would suit the players we have at the moment.

Exactly this. Pukki won't do as well with old-school wingers behind him, unless they find a through ball in their locker or get a low, skidding ball into the corridor between the opposing keeper and the defence to stick simply as he's poor in the air. I actually think Pukki's natural game tends to hurt our more traditional wingers, particularly Rashica and Placheta but also Hernandez when he chooses just to stay out wide.

The likes of Cantwell, Dowell and Buendia look better with Pukki around as their natural games are about through balls, which is what Pukki thrives on. His game intelligence is such that he can still find spaces and be a threat, but he's not in the game as much when we go with wingers and he's on his own up top.

There could well be an argument that Pukki should have another striker leading the line, and he drops behind to pick up pieces, surging up from deeper positions with that intelligent movement of his. Almost like a Stiepermann...

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

****. The source and quotes makes me think this could well be real.

If he doesn't want to stay and a decent bid comes in, I think we owe it to him to allow him to move on.

We owe it to give him an improved two-year contract. I think he’d then stay happily enough. We’re truly fecked without him IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

He will not be leaving this summer. £50 to the PUPs if I am wrong.

I’m inclined to agree with you there. An agent talking up his player in a random interview is hardly anything new, and we had much the same stuff two seasons ago. I don’t think Pukki is going anywhere this summer.

Edited by Branston Pickle

24 minutes ago, Haus said:

How has that gone ?

Let’s find out this season as that’s what we have to compare against…

15 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Exactly this. Pukki won't do as well with old-school wingers behind him, unless they find a through ball in their locker or get a low, skidding ball into the corridor between the opposing keeper and the defence to stick simply as he's poor in the air. I actually think Pukki's natural game tends to hurt our more traditional wingers, particularly Rashica and Placheta but also Hernandez when he chooses just to stay out wide.

The likes of Cantwell, Dowell and Buendia look better with Pukki around as their natural games are about through balls, which is what Pukki thrives on. His game intelligence is such that he can still find spaces and be a threat, but he's not in the game as much when we go with wingers and he's on his own up top.

There could well be an argument that Pukki should have another striker leading the line, and he drops behind to pick up pieces, surging up from deeper positions with that intelligent movement of his. Almost like a Stiepermann...

So we get rid of a player who has scored 29 and 25 goals in the last two Championship campaigns and the only player we have left who is indisputably PL level, and we change our whole style of playing to fit Placheta and Sargent, two absolute donkeys, and Rashica, a rather mediocre winger?

And we do this to get 7m when any equivalent replacement in terms of goals is likely to cost us 20m?

• Like 1

This would be disastrous if true  25 goals a season at this level , how on earth can you replace him with our financial limitations ? , However his agent obviously wants to move him on for his own financial gain , 😢

Can’t blame him for getting fed up with a club that doesn’t genuinely care whether it plays at the top level. The Webbers and Smiths currently doing a fine job of destroying any enthusiasm for the club amongst the fans. 

• Like 1