king canary

The worst news if true...

“Hi Teemu, this guy on the phone wants to know if you want to play most of the minutes in all of the games in a Championship slog, or some of the minutes in most of the games under a top coach with the chance of finishing your career with one of the big trophies, what do you think?”

4 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

“Hi Teemu, this guy on the phone wants to know if you want to play most of the minutes in all of the games in a Championship slog, or some of the minutes in most of the games under a top coach with the chance of finishing your career with one of the big trophies, what do you think?”

“It’s also more money he says, and the nearest airport goes somewhere other than Amsterdam”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

It's only a "hot take" if you need reminding that people have feelings via a Stephen Fry monologue. 

I said the same thing months back:

Unlike yourself I believe the club has morals and it's not all about money.  He's been a great servant and if the opportunity came they would not stand in his way.

I agree about him leaving at the end of his deal- makes sense. I don't agree that we owe him a move before his contract expires and I think it is a hot take to somehow link the club not selling a player to a campaign to raise awareness around suicide and mental health issues. 

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

This was always going to happen imo - Idah and Sargent chould be awesome if they both find their best form. Would still prefer Pukki to stay though. 

Well, it hasn't actually happened yet, so fingers crossed.

I have high hopes for both Idah (to get a goal or twelve) and Sargent (to become a fan's favourite) this coming season, but I feel "awesome" might be over-egging it.  

If we lose Pukki then we'll most certainly need to add a more clinical striker than either of those two to the ranks.      

To get a decent one will, it seems, require a decent fee for TK along with the need to  hold out for one.

As unfair as this might seem considering his efforts on behalf of the team since he came, the club comes first.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Well, it hasn't actually happened yet, so fingers crossed.

I have high hopes for both Idah (to get a goal or twelve) and Sargent (to become a fan's favourite) this coming season, but I feel "awesome" might be over-egging it.  

If we lose Pukki then we'll most certainly need to add a more clinical striker than either of those two to the ranks.      

To get a decent one will, it seems, require a decent fee for TK along with the need to  hold out for one.

As unfair as this might seem considering his efforts on behalf of the team since he came, the club comes first.

Do feel like Sargent has somethng to prove and this could be his season. Look at his Watford peformance. That was him at his best. If he is able to keep to that level in the Championship he should do very well.

• Like 1

You can almost feel the stowmarket 2’s lack of ambition having a say in how this matter settles 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

At this stage in his career he needs to be getting the best payday he can, if that means elsewhere then good luck to him. He has been a fantastic servant to our club.

Sounds like agent talk and will review anything which comes his way. What player doesnt want to play at the highest level. 

• Like 1

I don't blame Pukki for wanting to play at the highest level, he's proven he's capable of it - moreso than any other player on our books.

The reality though is he's under contract here, and I don't see a club paying the sort of fee we'd surely want to have to part with him now. We don't owe him to the point of letting him go for less than he's worth. At the end of the day he agreed to an extremely-well-paid-by-championship-standards contract.

Replacing him would be close to (but not) impossible. His movement is certainly way beyond anything we're likely to see in any upcoming seasons.

• Like 7

So what’s his value if he is going?

To replace him will cost at least 10 million minimum and with our last few windows would you trust anyone to find a good enough replacement? 

To be honest, if I was Pukki the final straw for me would have been last summer - selling our best player and replacing him with a load of utter rubbish. He did himself no harm last season still getting double figures in what was one of the worst PL teams in history. He owes us nothing. It'll be a monumental loss for us if he does leave, but I do not blame him one iota. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, king canary said:

and I think it is a hot take to somehow link the club not selling a player to a campaign to raise awareness around suicide and mental health issues. 

Any chance of having that in English, please?

Well £55k a week and a transfer fee of say £7m. Thats £10m saving for us. Only problem is we've gotta replace 25+ goals with that. 

I'm prepared to get shot down for this but.... 

I'd let him go for that and take Adam Armstrong on loan with a view to permanent. 

• Like 1

Let's not beat around the bush, losing Pukki would be an absolute ****ing disaster.

£20m to replace him with similar quality. Idah and Sargent are nowhere near his level.

Love this quote from his agent.

“If you think about what has been acquired in Norwich in recent years, then money has been burned there as well."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Channon’s Windmill said:

Fun wouldn’t be my choice of word.

I'm feeling depressed again. Links in nicely with today's launch.

Teemu has been an amazing servant for us and is one of my fovourite players, BUT we do have to play a certain way with him in the team (crafty through balls relyingg on his speed of thought).

Last season, with that summer recruitment, we found this difficult.

With a more robust Idah/Sargent type strike we can play a more traditional way, (some might say an easier way) with high crosses into the box.

I think the easier way would suit the players we have at the moment.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Let's not beat around the bush, losing Pukki would be an absolute ****ing disaster.

£20m to replace him with similar quality. Idah and Sargent are nowhere near his level.

The scary thing is even £20 million (including wages as we'd never splash that on transfer fee alone in Champs) doesn't feel as much of a guarantee of 20 Championship goals as keeping Pukki does.

• Like 2

Just now, PurpleCanary said:

He will not be leaving this summer. £50 to the PUPs if I am wrong.

It will be a "Patrick Viera" moment where he signs at the last minute so it feels like a new signing.

1 minute ago, NWC said:

Teemu has been an amazing servant for us and is one of my fovourite players, BUT we do have to play a certain way with him in the team (crafty through balls relyingg on his speed of thought).

Last season, with that summer recruitment, we found this difficult.

With a more robust Idah/Sargent type strike we can play a more traditional way, (some might say an easier way) with high crosses into the box.

I think the easier way would suit the players we have at the moment.

It looks like this season is going to be the real decider for Adam. No question he is a handful, strong and mobile. And with Teemu as our rightful No.1 it's not that he has had much chance.

Agree with you about the way Teemu plays demands a certain way. That said, I  Iove Pukki's hold up play. He rarely makes errors and is a steady performer every game. One of the City greats.

Like others have commented he owes us nothing. A solid professional and decent fella too. I will always be interested in seeing what he does ahead.

Yet, I'm still hopeful he stays.

Not surprised, at his age, and with a career where we have been his highest wage by aome way, the chance to take a final better pay day towards the end of his career was inevitable, esp with Smith preferring an idah supported long ball approach rather than finesse needed for teemu. He will be an enormous loss.

Pukki has been exceptional, and unlike some strikers showed he can do it in the best division in a hugely struggling team as well as international and champs level.   I would love it if he stays, but would also wish him all the best whereever he chooses to play next  year

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

He will not be leaving this summer. £50 to the PUPs if I am wrong.

Probably lucky as SDP says that he is the only EDP journalist who reads this forum:

Teemu Pukki's agent has admitted that the Finnish international wants to play at the top level next season but any deal to prize him away from Norwich City will prove difficult. 

6 minutes ago, astro said:

Maybe he’ll team up with Farke once more? 

Large, but not enormous, German team, finish off with a coach that reinvigorated his career. Definitely a possibility.

• Like 1