Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Farke Gone

1 minute ago, Peanuts said:

Athletic reporting Farke was informed after he completed media duties following the game today. That's pretty shabby whatever you think about his performance this season.

Seriously considering jacking in my season ticket if that's the case. I don't think it was necessarily the wrong decision, but this is an absolutely and utterly appalling way to get rid of him.

Sham.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1902 said:

**** off if this is true. That's just crap.

I get it's a results based game and they haven't been good enough. You can let someone go without being a **** about it though.

Webber can do one.

Webber stabbing Farke in the back if that's the case. Very poor, expected better.

• Like 1

Just now, Making Plans said:

Welcome to the Premier League. People here maybe upset but Watford fans wouldn't bat an eye lid

It happens

Yes but then I'd have to aspire to be a Watford fan.

Just now, Peanuts said:

Athletic reporting Farke was informed after he completed media duties following the game today. That's pretty shabby whatever you think about his performance this season.

Yea I think that’s the kicker. If they’d already made the decision keeping him in charge, it’s cold.

It’s mystifying as well. Sack him and put in a caretaker, if you don’t expect Daniel to do the business what difference does it make?

Him getting a performance and result now makes the timing look stupid.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

It’ll depend on who they get in, I can see a big backlash if they try Pulis or Warnock and our from doesn’t improve! Could be a fiery season ahead. Personally I think they’re wrong t sack him, this squad isn’t anywhere near premiership quality!

Absolutely no chance it will be either of them . 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Please not Wilder, hate the annoying twot and hope the board are aware of his last season in the Prem?

Wilder is one of the most sensible coaches who has done well with more than one club. The hatred of him comes from what he said about us three seasons ago.

For the first time I am embarrassed to support this club. The timing of this just makes us look like a tinpot club with zero class - the man deserved much better.

Never mind. We say farewell to a very amenable manager who provided us with two excellent Championship wins playing some of the finest stuff I can remember in a long time, and in doing so put faith and trust in youth far beyond what pretty much any other manager would do in such a hard-fought and competitive league as the Championship.

He did have his peccadilloes, including late substitutions and with his cautious view against the big guns he was essentially trying to protect his team, possibly to their detriment. But considering the position we were in when he started, and where we are now financially, off the field, and indeed with the players we have now, it can safely be said he has left Norwich City in a far better shape than when he took over.

For him to do it eventually playing a style of football which had such panache (after a very stolid initial season when he was finding his feet), even more so.

However, there's always a man for a season. It may well have been that Farke's season has ran its course. It hurts a bit, I think we'd all have loved it if he'd seen out his contract with us and established us nicely in the middle of the Premier League. But he's earned that payoff, and I'm thankful he was here.

As the German proverb goes: es waren schöne Zeiten; weine nicht, dass sie vergangen, sondern lächle, dass sie gewesen.

(Those were good times; do not mourn their passing, but smile that they came around.)

Edited by TheGunnShow
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, Hairy Canary said:

The whole world is not about money. That’s a pretty shallow comment!

I’m a shallow guy. All I want is to see my football team do well at the highest possible level. Nothing else. And I feel that would never happen with Farke. 

Right decision but strange timing, should've been gone after the Chelsea game but oh well. Must have a replacement lined up ready if it happened liked this. Maybe Santo?

Just now, Indy said:

Majority of us weren’t, we see the bigger picture and two promotions for me keeps him here. We won’t stay up even with Klopp in charge!

I'm got to agree with that.

Srill, if you have got to go then going after a win is the best way to do it I guess. 

We'll remember the promotions and the 'what if' after this one

14 minutes ago, fredherring said:

You want ruthless so don't get upset when it's done. 

Pathetic children on here. 

Most of the fan base are not morons like you!!

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wilder is one of the most sensible coaches who has done well with more than one club. The hatred of him comes from what he said about us three seasons ago.

Sky suggesting Wilder is about to become Middlesbrough manager.

Can’t believe we could get Santos but would fit the bill, experienced, develops young players and understands the European leagues.

It’s very true. Now on BBC sport as breaking news! Whilst city may have won, the manner of that win was very lucky. No surprise he has been sacked to me after the kiss of death by Webber this week in stating that ‘he wouldn’t be sacked’!

2 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Welcome to the Premier League. People here maybe upset but Watford fans wouldn't bat an eye lid

It happens

When was the last time they had a twice a championship winning manager in charge who was brutally sacked after a win?

I get you're delighted that he's gone, which says a lot about you anyway. However, if you can't see that Webber and the board's decision to leave him in charge this week, knowing a replacement was being lined up isn't disgraceful behaviour, then we've lost all common decency in the name of Premiership riches.

The top people clearly cowardly hoping that we lost today making the justification easier. Weak and embarrassing.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Im sorry I just dont agree with that. How can you sack him after he wins? It was a fairly convincing win today and I was really glad for him.

I don't disagree, but will point out that we sacked Gunn after a convincing win.

And Brentford have had three recent injuries to key players.... Raya, Da Silva, Ajer. They have more than that out I believe, it was a convincing win against a newly promoted team with some injury problems. I'm not sure that performance would have converted into a win against any other side. 

9 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I’m a shallow guy. All I want is to see my football team do well at the highest possible level. Nothing else. And I feel that would never happen with Farke. 

Yup

23 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Nah, they have the ultimate say obviously but it'll be Webber making the decision. He saw people started to consider he was to blame so turned on Farke. Pure narcissist heading who would have us in Europe if his talent matched his hubris.

The irony is that Farke actually made a point with crediting Webber on Farke's recruitment of Normann in the post-match interview.

Still, nobody really knows what went on. I have a feeling this isn't driven by Webber given there's no replacement lined up. 

Absolutely shocked tbh... I have been on the fence re. a change in management, but did not expect the axe to fall in this manner after a win.

We will likely never know, but I can't help but feel there was some dressing room shenanigans with some of the new signings and Cantwell.

I assume the club didn't sack last week to give the squad the best chance of winning today, and they feel with the international break now is the time to get the new coaching team set up.

16 minutes ago, Miss Demeanor said:

Talk is he's going to Boro.

Announcement at Boro on Tuesday when wilder is expected to be unveiled.

2 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

The irony is that Farke actually made a point with crediting Webber on Farke's recruitment of Normann in the post-match interview.

Still, nobody really knows what went on. I have a feeling this isn't driven by Webber given there's no replacement lined up. 

I think they've got someone lined up as it's the international break