Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Normann is our best player

Fight me if you disagree. 

I think he's only going to get better. At the heart of everything today which is most welcome.

Im so gutted he's only on loan. I know we have a £16m option on him, but we're likely to go down and lose him. Sign him up now if we can!

Do we have an option on Kabak? Much better game from him today

Completely agree, appears to be nothing he can’t do.

Thought Giannoulis was excellent today as well, hope we keep him in as first choice now.

• Like 1

Agreed. Great performance today and one of the brighter points from Everton.

Seems to be much more technically astute than I was expecting considering the marketing around the signing.

• Like 1

A proper midfielder. If only we had another two alongside him (if we continue with three cm) as he can do everything. 

A bit concerned in the opening 25 minutes when he gave the ball away poorly, which cant happen in his position. Good teams would and have already punished us for that.

After that though,  he looks a genuine improvement on any of our other midfielders.

Thought he looked excellent in the bits I managed to watch on a pretty dodgy stream. I guess the hope is that his extra quality will eventually allow us to play Gilmour too and give us a bit more going forward. 

Also very encouraging that he lasted the 90. Tired badly vs Watford and Everton but seems to be getting up to speed. 

23 minutes ago, Robert N. LiM said:

Thought he looked excellent in the bits I managed to watch on a pretty dodgy stream. I guess the hope is that his extra quality will eventually allow us to play Gilmour too and give us a bit more going forward. 

Also very encouraging that he lasted the 90. Tired badly vs Watford and Everton but seems to be getting up to speed. 

Football bite is your friend when it comes to finding a reliable stream 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Praying that should we go down he stays.

He won’t and we won’t buy him in that scenario 

Thought he and Giannoulis looked excellent today. He (Normann) has a great pass on him and with a bit more team confidence creeping in could be a big player for us this season.

8 minutes ago, East Rider said:

Thought he and Giannoulis looked excellent today. He (Normann) has a great pass on him and with a bit more team confidence creeping in could be a big player for us this season.

This. Which makes me even more furious about Giannoulis not being played last week. He is a natural to play that wingback position.

Just now, 1902 said:

This. Which makes me even more furious about Giannoulis not being played last week. He is a natural to play that wingback position.

Agreed. I believe he is quite a class act.

However, DF felt he was at fault for one or two of man city's goals.

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Fight me if you disagree. 

I think he's only going to get better. At the heart of everything today which is most welcome.

Im so gutted he's only on loan. I know we have a £16m option on him, but we're likely to go down and lose him. Sign him up now if we can!

Do we have an option on Kabak? Much better game from him today

After Everton and today I will repeat myself from a post earlier in the week. Make him captain. Looks the only one trying to do something and make us a better team. A lot of our team look beat, Normann looks up for the fight. We have to stay up and keep him and kabak. Both will make a fantastic spine for our team.

• Like 1

Without a doubt. The only player we have who looks like he could play for a top half team like West Ham or Everton. It's just a shame we're probably going to lose him after this year, I'm not being overly negative there, I'm encouraged by today but the odds are not in our favour. Imagine if he was playing in midfield with Olly Skipp and Phil Billing who could take the defensive responsibility off of him and get around the pitch more so he could ping passes about and go on more driving runs. Shame we're so weak in that department, I can only hope Lees-Melou improves and Sorensen forces his way into the team and proves that he's a good player because he's absolutely carrying our whole midfield right now and it's to his detriment. 

I saw someone complain that he loses the ball a lot today. Of course he does, he's having to do bloody everything. 

• Like 1

Very impressed. Quality. That run from Kabak though...

• Like 2

Clearly. Unfortunately wasn’t he brought in as a DM and he’s seemingly our most creative player so we’re still a DM short…

For every good thing he does there's a misplaced pass to match but I"m loving him so far.

Thought Hanley did well too. Did the scruffy things here and there to deny Burnley a clear chance. What he does for Scotland. Well done capt.

5 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

If I'm not mistaken, it's an £11m option regardless of whether we stay up or not. If he shines and we go down then it's unlikely he'll want to stay and we may not be able to afford the deal, but it's feasible we could trigger the permanent option to flip him for an instant profit.

If we go down we will be able to afford to buy him. The questions are whether he would want to play in the Championship and what his wage demands/expectations will be. I don’t think he intends to spend next season with Rostov, so it will be us or another club.

He looks quality. Not convinced about some of our other signings, but, but he looks like a great addition. Skipp, but with attacking qualities. And we're going to need those qualities this season.