Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

Good grief, transfer rumour season is insufferable enough without the nonsense this thread has degenerated into. Time for a truce so maybe people can get back to talking about actual rumours rather than willy-waving over a club none of us care about? Kaythanksbye

20 minutes ago, Evil Monkey said:

Good grief, transfer rumour season is insufferable enough without the nonsense this thread has degenerated into. Time for a truce so maybe people can get back to talking about actual rumours rather than willy-waving over a club none of us care about? Kaythanksbye

Well! What was brexit all about if it wasn't for the right of every proud and tumescent Englishman to wave his willy free from the interference of bloody Brussels. As it stands (and I choose that word appropriately) my willy is definitely bigger than an Arsenal willy so I shall wave it furiously in their direction but I shan't be waving it too far North West as they have some bloody big bollox up there. 

• Haha 1

Not sure if this is the most detailed link of all being bandied around today, but there is a new soundbite from Webber, I thought we’d be looking at £40mil minimum for Buendia, but apparently he might be available cheaper than that... disappointing if true. He is a £40mil+ player anyway of the week.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1443514/Arsenal-transfer-news-Emi-Buendia-club-record-fee-Norwich

5 hours ago, PHILIP COOK said:

Ajer transfer price is ok, its the wages that is the problem for us, Newcastle will offer better wages. Always going to be the stumbling block in all our transfer dealings involving players from bigger clubs.

Not just that, players would be weighing up if we are relegation fodder vs a side with a more established status.

16 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not sure if this is the most detailed link of all being bandied around today, but there is a new soundbite from Webber, I thought we’d be looking at £40mil minimum for Buendia, but apparently he might be available cheaper than that... disappointing if true. He is a £40mil+ player anyway of the week.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1443514/Arsenal-transfer-news-Emi-Buendia-club-record-fee-Norwich

If that turns out to be true, it would be a very sad day for this football club 

18 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I actually think Webber might be thinking about Aarons with that particular quote and they’ve just used it in the context of the article. He was probably talking about the potential Max transfer which we all know would be about 30 million + and they’ve spun it that all of our players are available for that.

The NCFC Rumour XI of the summer so far...

GK - Angus Gunn, Southampton
RB - Jayden Bogle, Sheffield Utd
LB - Adam Reach, Sheffield Wed
DC - Tosin Adarabioyo, Fulham
DC - Joe Worrall, Forest 
MC - Robert Andrich, FC Union Berlin
MC - Oli Skipp, Spurs 
AML - Josh King, Everton

AMC - Adrian Embarba, Espanyol
AMR - Santiago Moreno, America de Cali
SC - Darryl Dike, Orlando City

Subs: Christian Walton, Brighton, Sebastiaan Bornauw, FC Koln, Hamza Choudhury, Leicester

Edited by Terminally Yellow

25 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

The NCFC Rumour XI of the summer so far...

GK - Angus Gunn, Southampton
RB - Jayden Bogle, Sheffield Utd
LB - Adam Reach, Sheffield Wed
DC - Tosin Adarabioyo, Fulham
DC - Joe Worrall, Forest 
MC - Robert Andrich, FC Union Berlin
MC - Oli Skipp, Spurs 
AML - Josh King, Everton
AMR - Santiago Moreno, America de Cali
SC - Darryl Dike, Orlando City

Subs: Christian Walton, Brighton, Sebastiaan Bornauw, FC Koln, Hamza Choudhury, Leicester

That's an NCFC Rumour X.

8 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

That's an NCFC Rumour X.

I’m guessing room has been left for the Quag to partner the Dike

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m guessing room has been left for the Quag to partner the Dike

Haha I was thinking exactly the same thing! 🙂

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, norfolkbroadslim said:

I mentioned this a while back - Alex Mowatt 😉

Cant see that one, if we has stayed in championship then maybe yes.

Edited by Move Klose
mistake

I think your mileage may vary on that Webber soundbite. It's been framed in that article as if to say 'Emi Buendias price will be 30 million' whilst in others it was more like he's broadly outlining 30 is the minimum starting price for all 3 of our younger stars.

Max Aarons is now being linked with Inter. Inter have financial issues and need to sell at least one of their stars, with Hakimi to PSG for €60-70m being the most likely, which means that it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they go for Aarons as a replacement. The new coach, Simone Inzaghi, likes the 3-5-2 system and Aarons would be well suited to that. He's not too dissimilar in style to either Hakimi or Lazzari, who Inzaghi used in that role at Lazio.

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-rumours-italian-champions-keen-on-arons-8018648

The below sentence was written by ken Hairy on previous page.  I draw your attention to the italicised word.

My whole argument was in reply to it being nonsense that they can sign them two, so not sure what you're arguing about Wacky. Do you think they can sign that calibre of player or not as you appear to be arguing on both sides of the debate here. 

Until now I believed the only people who use them instead of these and those were current and ex footballers.  English lessons for footballers at all levels must teach using the them word universally.  It does irk me to see the English language mangled such.  Unfortunately one player who seems to have a command of the English language if the odious Mings.  I haven't heard a single City player use that expression in an interview but Gerrard on too many occasions enough said.

38 minutes ago, pete said:

The below sentence was written by ken Hairy on previous page.  I draw your attention to the italicised word.

My whole argument was in reply to it being nonsense that they can sign them two, so not sure what you're arguing about Wacky. Do you think they can sign that calibre of player or not as you appear to be arguing on both sides of the debate here. 

Until now I believed the only people who use them instead of these and those were current and ex footballers.  English lessons for footballers at all levels must teach using the them word universally.  It does irk me to see the English language mangled such.  Unfortunately one player who seems to have a command of the English language if the odious Mings.  I haven't heard a single City player use that expression in an interview but Gerrard on too many occasions enough said.

How do you know I'm not a current or ex player? 🤷‍♂️😉

Oh, and it's Ken with a capital K 😉😁, oh and 'is' the odious Mings, not 'if'. 

Enjoy your afternoon young Peter, I'm sure the club will soon present you with something to moan about very soon, as is your raison d'etre 👍

58 minutes ago, pete said:

Has the promotion depression left your body now? At least you’ve found something else to whinge about!

On 31/05/2021 at 10:54, Evil Monkey said:

Just the kids bickering again.

13 minutes ago, Top corner said:

I really wish people would get back to talking about what this page was originally about. 

We would if there was anything to talk about 😉

OK, I'll give it a go, I note Serge Aurier is heavily linked with PSG, does this open the door for Spurs coming in for young Max? 

2 hours ago, Top corner said:

I really wish people would get back to talking about what this page was originally about. 

OK then - Another midfielder to add to Alex Mowatt. How about Nick Powell?  

It would be easy to dismiss these two now that we have been promoted.  However, I think both of them are realistic.  Mowatt is on a free and wages for both of them would not be huge.  Importantly I think both of them would improve the squad, would give us options without costing the earth.  They are both still a good age and would leave us with money to spend on quality first teamers.

We are going to need to strengthen the midfield as a whole and it will take a heck of a lot of strengthening if we are to give ourselves a chance next season. At first glance it looks like we have got loads of midfielders, but when you break it down it's the area of the pitch I am most concerned about, aside from quality competition for Pukki.

Tettey and Vrancic have gone.  You can also dismiss the likes of Sinani, Sitti, Thompson, Trybull, Leitner for next season.  Skipp was on loan.  So that is 8 midfielders just there.  At one point last season Josh Martin looked decent, but then fell way out of favour for some reason.  I'd be surprised if Stiepermann featured at all.  So that brings us to 10.  

We then come to the wingers, Hernandez and Placheta.  I certainly don't see either of them being starters in the Prem.  They could barely get a game in the Champs. 

So who does that leave us with in midfield? Rupp, Dowell, McLean, Sorensen, Cantwell, Buendia.  Of these 6 I don't think Rupp is good enough to start in the Prem, but Farke rates him, so who knows. Sorensen wasn't a regular starter in midfield in the Champs. And obviously if we were to sell either of Cantwell or Buendia we would need to replace them.

We could certainly do a lot worse than the likes of Mowatt and Powell along with a quality defensive midfielder or two and a decent winger to give more quality, strength and depth to our midfield.

3 hours ago, Top corner said:

Post a rumour then, don't just complain. 

• Like 1

John Lundstram has been released from Sheffield United. 27, couple of years of Premiership experience, knows the league and the Championship. Might not always be a starter, but could certainly give us an option, I'd think.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, king canary said:

Post a rumour then, don't just complain. 

I wasn't complaining, I just didn't like the direction which this page was going in. People trying to score points off each other. Let bygones be bygones. 

50 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

John Lundstram has been released from Sheffield United. 27, couple of years of Premiership experience, knows the league and the Championship. Might not always be a starter, but could certainly give us an option, I'd think.

Nah, plays for himself not the team.  Gets very sloppy if he thinks there's nothing to play for.  Very selfish.  Bit like Snodgrass......  definitely not a Farke-baller.

1 minute ago, shefcanary said:

Nah, plays for himself not the team.  Gets very sloppy if he thinks there's nothing to play for.  Very selfish.  Bit like Snodgrass......  definitely not a Farke-baller.

Think he could have a dose of Leitner-Syndrome then? I agree that he can be stroppy on occasion, but at his best he was more than decent in their first season.

As expected Barnsley have chosen not to exercise right to buy Dike. 
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-soccer/os-sp-orlando-city-barnsley-daryl-dike-sends-star-back-20210601-cb6px75a25aktkjoandak3r25y-story.html

Regardless of interest level, Orlando management has emphatically stated he is for sale. Offer Barnsley had was £14M + 20% sell on.

9 goals in 22 games at Barnsley

8 goals in 22 games at Orlando.

That’s the resume, 17 goals 44 total games as a Pro.

13 minutes ago, Bakerkd said:

As expected Barnsley have chosen not to exercise right to buy Dike. 
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-soccer/os-sp-orlando-city-barnsley-daryl-dike-sends-star-back-20210601-cb6px75a25aktkjoandak3r25y-story.html

Regardless of interest level, Orlando management has emphatically stated he is for sale. Offer Barnsley had was £14M + 20% sell on.

9 goals in 22 games at Barnsley

8 goals in 22 games at Orlando.

That’s the resume, 17 goals 44 total games as a Pro.

£14m?! Carlton Morris cost them £300k and bagged 7 in 21. Thought Dike was a bit of a donkey in the play offs and just kept getting in the way of Morris. If they wanted another Norwich striker we'd probably sell them Hugill for hallf that.