Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

20 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Lukas Nmecha - he’s playing for Germany U21s now and looks really good. £7m would be a bargain for him if the story is true. 

Looking back, the French press had comments from him a month ago. Firstly that after a few loans he wanted stability, so presumably a permanent move to Anderlecht or somewhere else. And that he was aiming for a club playing Champions League football, so now probably not Anderlecht. No idea whether he is good enough for a Champions League club.

2 hours ago, Highland Canary said:

Once we’ve disposed of our key playing assets, once again, I’m sure we can all feel good about the club’s approach to financial risk management. Let’s hope, this time, this is not complemented by a figurative waving of a flag of surrender as was the case two years ago.

I’m amazed you have the bare-faced cheek to come back posting on here after over 5 months. The only time you ever turn up is when there’s some misery to throw around, which is why we’ve seen nothing of you for so long.

It may have escaped your notice but we cruised to the Championship title while you were gone. We’re looking better than ever under Webber and Farke and have *already* invested in two Premier League quality players in advance of promotion. 

Go and crawl back under your rock with the other trolls.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting, Cambridgeshire - there seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about Ajer but it does appear there’s been some very big clubs sniffing around him the last season or 2, so that does of course suggest he’s got something about him.

12 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Interesting, Cambridgeshire - there seems to be a lot of mixed feelings about Ajer but it does appear there’s been some very big clubs sniffing around him the last season or 2, so that does of course suggest he’s got something about him.

While it does seem he's become somewhat of a scapegoat at Celtic this past season he is still young and clearly talented. And I mean, not just that but he's a massive brickwall, guy's like 6ft 6 and 15 stone.

Given how lots of people have gone on about us needing to be stronger, bigger and 'more physical' to survive the Prem he seems like a perfect fit.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

The Ajer rumours were reported on BBC Radio Scotland this morning (which is quite unusual) so there may be something in it.

Decent player if he can get his mojo back, but has suffered from playing in the current Celtic team this season.

Apples

11 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I'd love us to sign Ajer.

My dream transfer window involves us keeping everyone and signing Ajer, Skipp, Adam Armstrong and a goal scoring midfielder. 

Edited by horsefly

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

While it does seem he's become somewhat of a scapegoat at Celtic this past season he is still young and clearly talented. And I mean, not just that but he's a massive brickwall, guy's like 6ft 6 and 15 stone.

Given how lots of people have gone on about us needing to be stronger, bigger and 'more physical' to survive the Prem he seems like a perfect fit.

He's a big guy, but one of the main criticisms of him at Celtic has been he is actually not strong enough in defence and smaller strikers can often bully him in games.

I'm not sure how accurate this is as there are a lot of salty Celtic fans around at the moment, but if you look at the way he ducked out of a challenge in the last game against Rangers - which lead to Celtic conceding there may be some truth to it. For me, the main issue with Ajer is he is pretty slow and gets turned easily. Given how teams loved to break against Norwich last time they were in the Prem I'd love a defender who has good acceleration (Hanley is quick, but it takes him a while to get up to speed).

I wonder if Norwich are being used as a stalking horse with Ajer in order to get Newcastle, who are strongly linked, to actually make a bid. 

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

He's a big guy, but one of the main criticisms of him at Celtic has been he is actually not strong enough in defence and smaller strikers can often bully him in games.

I'm not sure how accurate this is as there are a lot of salty Celtic fans around at the moment, but if you look at the way he ducked out of a challenge in the last game against Rangers - which lead to Celtic conceding there may be some truth to it. For me, the main issue with Ajer is he is pretty slow and gets turned easily. Given how teams loved to break against Norwich last time they were in the Prem I'd love a defender who has good acceleration (Hanley is quick, but it takes him a while to get up to speed).

I wonder if Norwich are being used as a stalking horse with Ajer in order to get Newcastle, who are strongly linked, to actually make a bid. 

Precisely, Ajer is a good ball-playing defender, but he is short of a yard of pace and more worrying, he lacks a bit of aggression. That's often where Hanley stands out - if anything's pumped in, he basically goes all Braveheart to keep it out.

• Like 1

Some interesting titbits (is it **** or tid?) from MyFootballWriter

• Adam Armstrong is a target
  • Rade Krunic ISN'T a target
  • Flynn Clarke to join, but will be in U23s, at least initially
  • Josh King no longer a target (citing a tweet by Hodgey)

Anyone watching the Pink Un window watch on youtube? 

48 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Yeah, though they're not really adding anything

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

It’s a decent watch with good chemistry between Connor and Dave. They’ve definitely grown into the role and bounce off each other well now. 

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Is that a decent source? Sounds like a content farm?

17 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Disappointed by the reports on Twitter that the bids for Emi have come in. Starts to feel a bit more "real".

Will be so fed up if we sell... might have to invest the same amount as the owners as a result next year..

I love Emi and think he is a fabulous player, he has been instrumental in our promotion, I didn't know anything about him before he arrived so a great signing, if he does go who can replace him.

1 hour ago, kirku said:

Is that a decent source? Sounds like a content farm?

I don't know if they get any scoops, but it was founded by ex-Archant reporter Rick Waghorn, has ex-Fleet Street Mick Dennis contributing, and Pinkun's Connor Southwell used to write for them.

• Thanks 1

Enquiry in for Harvey Elliott on loan... probably about as good a replacement for Emi as we could hope for.

If that long with other transfers keeps us up this season then job done and everyone's happy and we can then spend proper money on a permanent replacement. If we go down anyway then we aren't lumbered with an expensive flop and the academy/ fringe lads will have to step up.

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

Enquiry in for Harvey Elliott on loan... probably about as good a replacement for Emi as we could hope for.

Would be pleased with that 👍 where has this come from?

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

If that long with other transfers keeps us up this season then job done and everyone's happy and we can then spend proper money on a permanent replacement. If we go down anyway then we aren't lumbered with an expensive flop and the academy/ fringe lads will have to step up.

That's how I expect most of our business will be. Avoid expensive flops if we go down and if we stay up, they're rewarded with a deal with us. It worked wonderfully with both Gibson and Giannoulis.

2 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Would be pleased with that 👍 where has this come from?

to be honest it's from some bloke who sort of knows Webber so it's very tenuous. Makes complete sense that we'd go for him though. If he's available we should be absolutely jumping on that one.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's how I expect most of our business will be. Avoid expensive flops if we go down and if we stay up, they're rewarded with a deal with us. It worked wonderfully with both Gibson and Giannoulis.

that's kind of why I like the sound of Armstrong as well.

If he comes in and has that extra 10% potential then happy days, if not, we go down with one of the most potent strikers in the championship hitting his prime.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Serious questions need asking if we cannot reinvest some of that huge transfer fee