Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't see why not other than the issue of wages 

Well one issue you've literally said yourself. There's no chance either go to a mid table side with no European football, and that's if Arsenal can even afford the transfer fee in the first place...... They can't. 

People really need to get it out of their heads that Arsenal is still a big club that can attract the best players, they can't. Their pool of players to sign from isn't much higher than ours these days. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

People really need to get it out of their heads that Arsenal is still a big club that can attract the best players, they can't. Their pool of players to sign from isn't much higher than ours these days. 

Arsenal is still a big club. Huge in fact. 

They are definitely not looking at the same players as us😂

• Like 2

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Arsenal is still a big club. Huge in fact. 

They are definitely not looking at the same players as us😂

I didn't say the same. 

Let's revisit this on August 31st, and I'll bet they haven't signed any big names. 

Arsenal are huge in historical senses, but not current. You're sounding like a binner there 😉😂

14 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Well one issue you've literally said yourself. There's no chance either go to a mid table side with no European football, and that's if Arsenal can even afford the transfer fee in the first place...... They can't. 

Let's not exaggerate. Arsenal aren't at the level they once were and may not be able to attract top players, but they're still a very big club who will be able to sign players in the next bracket down paying them in excess of £100k a week, and their most expensive transfer fee this summer will probably be more than our entire starting budget of £20-30m. They're still shopping in a completely different market to us.

• Like 2

If rumours are true, we are after a winger who can also play as a striker. Well  one of our admirers Pep G has a winger/striker & Sky Sports are saying they are looking for around £7 million for him. He scored 20 goals last season for Anderlecht. Maybe wishful thinking, but he sounds exactly what we are looking for....Tin hat at the ready 

10 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Let's not exaggerate. Arsenal aren't at the level they once were and may not be able to attract top players, but they're still a very big club who will be able to sign players in the next bracket down paying them in excess of £100k a week, and their most expensive transfer fee this summer will probably be more than our entire starting budget of £20-30m. They're still shopping in a completely different market to us.

And I didn't say they wasn't, people seriously need to read posts properly on this bloody site 😂

And let's be clear the "next bracket down" is not bloody Sterling and Mahrez, it's players on the level of an Origi or the like. 

2 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

And I didn't say they wasn't, people seriously need to read posts properly on this bloody site 😂

And let's be clear the "next bracket down" is not bloody Sterling and Mahrez, it's players on the level of an Origi or the like. 

You said, and I quote: "Their pool of players to sign from isn't much higher than ours these days". My argument is that it is; their pool is still considerably higher than ours.

Sterling and Mahrez are in the top bracket, but there's still a bracket between them and Origi, I'd say. The former are Champions League bracket, whereas Origi is probably mid-table bracket. Arsenal, even though they aren't in Europe this season, are probably still shopping in the Europa League brackets due to their pulling power in terms of both finance and reputation. We're shopping two or three brackets below Arsenal, in the 'stay up in the Premier League' bracket.

34 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I didn't say the same. 

Let's revisit this on August 31st, and I'll bet they haven't signed any big names. 

Arsenal are huge in historical senses, but not current. You're sounding like a binner there 😉😂

You're starting to look a bit silly. Stop now 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You said, and I quote: "Their pool of players to sign from isn't much higher than ours these days". My argument is that it is; their pool is still considerably higher than ours.

Sterling and Mahrez are in the top bracket, but there's still a bracket between them and Origi, I'd say. The former are Champions League bracket, whereas Origi is probably mid-table bracket. Arsenal, even though they aren't in Europe this season, are probably still shopping in the Europa League brackets due to their pulling power in terms of both finance and reputation. We're shopping two or three brackets below Arsenal, in the 'stay up in the Premier League' bracket.

Isn't much higher, still suggests higher does it not? 🙄

8 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

You're starting to look a bit silly. Stop now 

OK we'll see on August 31st fella. I'll wager you anything you like though that Mahrez and Sterling, both of whom started the Champions league final will be nowhere near the Arsenal squad (apart from when Man City play them). 

Arsenal's might be able to pull a Saint Maximan out of the bag or the like, but not a chance any bigger names are the slightest bit interested in them right now. 

Looks like one of our reported targets Kris Ajer is signing for Newcastle for a fee of £6mil. 

Picks up phone.

”Ooh, there been some activity on the transfer thread”

<reads new posts>

Puts phone down.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Alex Moss said:

Looks like one of our reported targets Kris Ajer is signing for Newcastle for a fee of £6mil. 

6 mil seems cheap for Ajer.

Just so many transfer rumours right now, i do hope City get some business done early as soon as the transfer window opens on June 9th but of course a lot  hinges on the departures..but even before the window opens the media column inches given to a Buendia exit has been huge. But the feeling for most of us i think is the squad  come mid August will look pretty differently to what we have right now.

5 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

I don't post much on this board anymore but this has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a long time. 

Arsenal are still ranked in the top 10 clubs by the UEFA coefficient and come higher than that when ranked by most valuable clubs. Arsenal are a far bigger club than us and to think anything different borders on the verge on madness

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, priceyrice said:

I don't post much on this board anymore but this has to be one of the most ridiculous posts I've seen in a long time. 

Arsenal are still ranked in the top 10 clubs by the UEFA coefficient and come higher than that when ranked by most valuable clubs. Arsenal are a far bigger club than us and to think anything different borders on the verge on madness

This is absolutely spot on 👍

1 hour ago, Essjayess said:

Just so many transfer rumours right now, i do hope City get some business done early as soon as the transfer window opens on June 9th but of course a lot  hinges on the departures..but even before the window opens the media column inches given to a Buendia exit has been huge. But the feeling for most of us i think is the squad  come mid August will look pretty differently to what we have right now.

Not sure what the obsession is with getting business done quickly. For me, I'd rather we get it right than get it quick but wrong.

We are again being linked with Joe Worrall, a CB at Nottingham Forest. Can’t say I’ve really noticed him before, but it seems that he has a very good reputation. Got a feeling he wouldn’t come cheap mind.  

5 hours ago, Monty13 said:

6 mil seems cheap for Ajer.

That’s what a publication in Newcastle are reporting. I’ve heard very mixed things on him and I think he came out with some comment or other basically saying ‘Celtic have been crap this season, but I’ve been great’, which is something that I doubt would endear him to Daniel or Stuart when it comes to the correct attitude in a player profile.

10 hours ago, priceyrice said:

Who said they're not a bigger club than us? Yet another idiot who doesn't seem to be able to understand the points being made. 

Like I said to the other 2, come back on Aug 31st and let's see who they've signed, it won't be anyone near the level of a Mahrez or Sterling. 

This board amuses me with the amounts of people who totally don't understand the post's they're replying to 😂😂

5 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Who said they're not a bigger club than us? Yet another idiot who doesn't seem to be able to understand the points being made. 

Like I said to the other 2, come back on Aug 31st and let's see who they've signed, it won't be anyone near the level of a Mahrez or Sterling. 

This board amuses me with the amounts of people who totally don't understand the post's they're replying to 😂😂

I think it's a bit of a coincidence that literally everyone seemed to misread several of your posts. 

And you'll also notice that a few people have laughed off the prospect of Arsenal signing either Mahrez and Sterling with nobody suggesting it's a realistic possibility.

Ajer transfer price is ok, its the wages that is the problem for us, Newcastle will offer better wages. Always going to be the stumbling block in all our transfer dealings involving players from bigger clubs.

It seems to me that things started to go wrong at Arsenal when they began building their new stadium. It had a knock-on affect on their transfer budgets for some time and it shows. The same seems to be happening at Spurs. Everton need to watch out.

Of course the London team who've moved to a new stadium without spending anything really is Wet Spam, and they've had an upturn in fortunes, despite the lack of atmosphere.

Anyway back on topic - well almost. How many seasons of the promoted clubs being relegated within 2 seasons will the bosses of the Prem wait for, before claiming that there's no point to relegation/promotion and make it a closed shop?

8 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think it's a bit of a coincidence that literally everyone seemed to misread several of your posts. 

And you'll also notice that a few people have laughed off the prospect of Arsenal signing either Mahrez and Sterling with nobody suggesting it's a realistic possibility.

My whole argument was in reply to it being nonsense that they can sign them two, so not sure what you're arguing about Wacky. Do you think they can sign that calibre of player or not as you appear to be arguing on both sides of the debate here. 

Right to be clear I NEVER said Arsenal aren't bigger than us, they are. I said CURRENTLY they're not an appeal for the better players. 

I NEVER said they couldn't attract better players than us, I said currently they won't be looking at the level of players much higher than us (still higher though). 

If we tier players into levels that Premier clubs are shopping in. 

Tier 1 - The best players, players that demand Champions league football. 

Tier 2 - Players who will only move to clubs offering European football (I'd put Buendia here, hence why I don't see Arsenal signing him) 

Tier 3 - Players who are good but might not demand Europe straight away but still command a high wage, Everton and Arsenal etc are here currently. 

Tier 4 - players who just want top flight football - this is where we're shopping. 

Arsenal will be signing tier 3 and 4 players, we'll be signing tier 4.

31 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

My whole argument was in reply to it being nonsense that they can sign them two, so not sure what you're arguing about Wacky. Do you think they can sign that calibre of player or not as you appear to be arguing on both sides of the debate here. 

Mahrez and Sterling? No, I don't, and I think I was (at least one of) the first to ridicule the idea. 

My argument centred on the fact that you said Arsenal's pool of player targets 'wasn't much higher' than ours, whereas I feel that Arsenal's target market is still considerably higher than ours. Their top signing this summer will likely earn £100k a week and cost more than our entire initial starting budget of £20-30m. 

Their list of realistic targets would be a step down from Mahrez and Sterling but still a lot more expensive than ours.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Mahrez and Sterling? No, I don't, and I think I was (at least one of) the first to ridicule the idea. 

My argument centred on the fact that you said Arsenal's pool of player targets 'wasn't much higher' than ours, whereas I feel that Arsenal's target market is still considerably higher than ours. Their top signing this summer will likely earn £100k a week and cost more than our entire initial starting budget of £20-30m. 

Their list of realistic targets would be a step down from Mahrez and Sterling but still a lot more expensive than ours.

They may well sign players at 100k a week, but that's only because they'll vastly over pay for bang average players. 

Anyway, I've debated Arsenal's transfer policy far much more than I actually give two ****s about 😂. Let's just wait for Aug 31st and see the calibre of player they sign, I'm off to enjoy to glorious bank Holiday weather 🍻

Concerning any new signings. I would like to believe that if Webber could get any prospective signing to come here to view Colney,our set up,our vision for the future and our city in general,then I would trust him to sell Norwich as the place to be!!!!🔰🔰

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They may well sign players at 100k a week, but that's only because they'll vastly over pay for bang average players. 

Anyway, I've debated Arsenal's transfer policy far much more than I actually give two ****s about 😂. Let's just wait for Aug 31st and see the calibre of player they sign, I'm off to enjoy to glorious bank Holiday weather 🍻

Ultimately, it's a pretty futile argument which centres around where we pitch Arsenal's pulling power. I still think that their attraction is very high; this is the first time in 25 years that they aren't in Europe, they've got millions of fans worldwide and they're still one of the top ten richest clubs in world football.

Enjoy your beers.