Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

2 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

So...was Max Aarons really at Tottenham Hotspur's player's lunch yesterday?

That seems doubtful, whether or not he’s signing for them.

36 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

So...was Max Aarons really at Tottenham Hotspur's player's lunch yesterday?

Where did you hear this?

Norwich are admitting to tracking both Tosin Adarabioyo and  Sebastiaan Bornauw

My guess is the plan is to be very transparent in our dealings, so if they don't come off at least we can say we tried 😛

11 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

Norwich are admitting to tracking both Tosin Adarabioyo and  Sebastiaan Bornauw

My guess is the plan is to be very transparent in our dealings, so if they don't come off at least we can say we tried 😛

Really should have looked at Joachim Andersen in that Fulham back line, but he would be an expensive loan, I suspect, considering Fulham loaned him from Lyon.

Adarabioyo has looked pretty decent though, so I wouldn't mind him coming.

Today’s Athletic piece is very interesting. The summary below...

• Norwich believed to have £30m to spend before sales and after £15m spent on Gibson and Dimi
  • Targeting a left back, left centre half, two central midfielders and a winger who can play as striker
  • Claims Josh Martin might be sold if the right deal came along, with Stiepermann, Placheta, Hugill and Onel
  • Nyland expected to move on this summer, still a way to go on that one though
  • Josh King is a target but is believed to be a target also for Eddie Howe when he finally takes the Celtic job
  • Credits us with an interest in taking one of Amad, Brandon Williams or James Garner on loan

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

• Norwich believed to have £30m to spend before sales and after £15m spent on Gibson and Dimi
  • Targeting a left back, left centre half, two central midfielders and a winger who can play as striker
  • Claims Josh Martin might be sold if the right deal came along, with Stiepermann, Placheta, Hugill and Onel
  • Josh King is a target but is believed to be a target also for Eddie Howe when he finally takes the Celtic job
  • Credits us with an interest in taking one of Amad, Brandon Williams or James Garner on loan

We would have to drag Onel kicking and screaming out of here against his will

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

We would have to drag Onel kicking and screaming out of here against his will

Doubt Onel would get too many suitors to be honest - remember that he was considered a bit of a gamble due to a perceived lack of end product. He's a useful squad player / impact player from off the bench for us and clearly one who loves it here. Can't buy that affection for a team too readily.

47 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

IF that is true about Hugill, which is a question, then I would expect either an outright striker to be wanted, or a striker who can play as a winger, or is equally good at both roles, which  is a bit unicornish, rather than a winger who can at a pinch play as a striker.

PS. If that £30m figure is correct then I can very much see us breaking our transfer record.

Edited by PurpleCanary

13 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

IF that is true about Hugill, which is a question, then I would expect either an outright striker to be wanted, or a striker who can play as a winger, or is equally good at both roles, which  is a bit unicornish, rather than a winger who can at a pinch play as a striker.

PS. If that £30m figure is correct then I can very much see us breaking our transfer record.

It seems that Norwich aren't actively selling Hugill, but will listen to offers for him - like pretty much all of the fringe players. I expect if he was sold, then the club would look to sign a 'Plan B' striker in replacement. 

Webber has said he expects the transfer record to be broken this window - I would imagine the new centre back or defensive midfielder will be the record holder (which is a bit of a poisoned chalice at Norwich). 

I'm a little surprised re Martin. I'd loan him out and see where he's at in a year's time - he looks a good footballer to me. I can believe Hugill not being part of the plans for next season - I'd like to see a forward who is not only good for morale, but has technical ability..and pace.

25 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

IF that is true about Hugill, which is a question, 

It's been reported now by Connor Southwell and Michael Bailey, so I suspect we can stop questioning if it's true. 

As has been pointed out, I doubt any of those named will be forced out like Trybull, Leitner and Drmic, but I suspect if an offer came in the club would seriously consider.

I mean, let's be honest, if you got an offer of £3m to £6m for any of them - I'd find it hard to turn it down.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

It seems that Norwich aren't actively selling Hugill, but will listen to offers for him - like pretty much all of the fringe players. I expect if he was sold, then the club would look to sign a 'Plan B' striker in replacement. 

Webber has said he expects the transfer record to be broken this window - I would imagine the new centre back or defensive midfielder will be the record holder (which is a bit of a poisoned chalice at Norwich). 

Not when we paid Luton Town £35,000 for Ron Davies...🤓

44 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

I'm a little surprised re Martin. I'd loan him out and see where he's at in a year's time - he looks a good footballer to me. I can believe Hugill not being part of the plans for next season - I'd like to see a forward who is not only good for morale, but has technical ability..and pace.

The exact quote was

"Where does Jordan Hugill fit in? The 28-year-old is one of a few players where a club keen enough to recruit them may find Norwich willing to do either permanent or loan business. The same goes for Poland international Przemyslaw Placheta, his fellow winger Onel Hernandez, forward Marco Stiepermann and academy winger Josh Martin."

I'd agree that I'd expect  Josh Martin to be a loan rather than a sale.

Josh Martin would be a strange one, he’s clearly very talented and so would be unusual for him to be shipped out with that kind of potential.

It does make me wonder though, he was in and around the first team then appeared to suddenly drop off the earth. That in itself can lead to some conclusions but I’m hope I’m wrong.

55 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

The exact quote was

"Where does Jordan Hugill fit in? The 28-year-old is one of a few players where a club keen enough to recruit them may find Norwich willing to do either permanent or loan business. The same goes for Poland international Przemyslaw Placheta, his fellow winger Onel Hernandez, forward Marco Stiepermann and academy winger Josh Martin."

I'd agree that I'd expect  Josh Martin to be a loan rather than a sale.

Indeed, I think Martin would be a loan rather than a sale. Possibly the same with Placheta.

As for Hugill, I could see one of the relegated sides picking him up for sure, certainly at Championship level I think there will be some demand for him. And I doubt we’d lose a penny of the £5mil either despite the pandemic, it’s a small fee for a proven operator at that level.

I think a lot with Placheta could hinge on his performances at the Euros. But doubt we’d be selling him on just yet unless he’s failed to settle in England etc, though that of course could well be a possibility. I don’t think we’ve seen the best of him yet regardless.

• Like 1

Demarai Gray anyone ? Under £2m release clause by all accounts. 

Roma are interested in signing 24-year-old English winger Demarai Gray, who joined Bayer Leverkusen in January and has a buy-out clause of 2m euros (£1.73m).

I reckon Placheta stays in the squad until at least January.  If either of the wingers go this summer I think it'll be Onel.

Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread, but have seen rumors surfacing of Max A at a players lunch at Tottenham recently, fueling speculation he will be off there. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Edited by jaberry2

Would be bonkers to sell Martin permanently before he has even starts to properly realise his potential. How much would we get for him, maybe £4-5mil for him at this stage in his career? Can't see a figure dramatically more or less than that, so has to be a loan.

On Placheta / Hernandez I would personally prefer we kept Onel and loaned Placheta out. 

I think we are more likely to see Hernandez return to previous form (as a super sub at least anyway) than we are to see Placheta dramatically improve in time for next year. 

10 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread, but have seen rumors surfacing of Max A at a players lunch at Tottenham recently, fueling speculation he will be off there. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

I think it's been traced back to a weird spurs fan site. There is a thread I think it's linked in there. 

Personally I'm taking with a liberal pinch or two of salt.

5 minutes ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Would be bonkers to sell Martin permanently before he has even starts to properly realise his potential. How much would we get for him, maybe £4-5mil for him at this stage in his career? Can't see a figure dramatically more or less than that, so has to be a loan.

On Placheta / Hernandez I would personally prefer we kept Onel and loaned Placheta out. 

I think we are more likely to see Hernandez return to previous form (as a super sub at least anyway) than we are to see Placheta dramatically improve in time for next year. 

For some reason Martin got dropped down after being in and around the first team. Could certainly be one shipped out on loan. Placheta has a lot of talent, but will require time. If we have enough squad depth it would be good to loan him out for a short term period to get him used to the English game.

Edited by jaberry2

4 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

I think it's been traced back to a weird spurs fan site. There is a thread I think it's linked in there. 

Personally I'm taking with a liberal pinch or two of salt.

I suppose they were linked not long ago and they need a RB. I could see some truth in this one.