Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

On 19/05/2021 at 09:14, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Loncar wouldn't get a work permit - Croatian League is a 'Band 6' in the new GBE rules and can't see why he'd get exceptional circumstances.

Correct and It’s another farcical rumour anyway. Andrich is the main CM target with another playing in France

48 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Watford begin their summer transfer activity by signing Ashley Fletcher.

To say Watford fans are underwhelmed is an understatement.

Wow a real case of failing upwards. I remember watching that Sunderland doco thinking what an awful player. 

16 hours ago, YellowSubmarine said:

Correct and It’s another farcical rumour anyway. Andrich is the main CM target with another playing in France

I can believe we are seriously interested in Andrich, but does he hit the 15-point mark?

4 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I can believe we are seriously interested in Andrich, but does he hit the 15-point mark?

He does, anyone regularly playing in the top 5 leagues in Europe will reach 15 points without an issue.

• Like 1

On 19/05/2021 at 10:23, Uncle Fred said:

I hate this kind of thread realistically few people will know what Webber is up to. Most of the noise is agents trying to drum up interest in their players.

pay little attention  to this nonsense until it appears on the club website 

Dont read it then. 

• Like 1

Can see Andrich being a credible rumour. He's 26, 6ft+ , Union Berlin are 7th in the Bundlesiga and he's got a year left on his contract. Played against Dortmund and Bayern Munich as part of a double-pivot and can play further forward. So whilst I can't see Norwich breaking their transfer record to get him in, he ticks a lot of boxes.

32 minutes ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Dont read it then. 

Excuse me, given your post in the Buendia thread accusing another user of not actually following football and now this, I must ask you cease and desist this activity as the position of passive aggressive arsehole of this forum has been filled (by me).

Edited by Terminally Yellow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Excuse me, given your post in the Buendia thread accusing another user of not actually following football and now this, I must ask you cease and desist this activity as the position of passive aggressive arsehole of this forum has been filled (by me).

Not sure I'd call you passive...😉

4 hours ago, Wrathofthefarkely said:

Dont read it then. 

Then he'd have nothing to moan about,  which appears to be his      " raison d'etre " . 

I see today Arteta has says Joe Willock will stay at Arsenal next season. Won't be sold or loaned out. Does that mean they're looking closer to home, and cheaper alternatives, than Buendia? 

The whole Adam Reach thing is just agent talk. Get rumors circulating that Norwich are interested and other clubs who admire our recruitment will take notice. He's in the same category as Will Vaulks ie good Championship player on his day, nothing more.

2 hours ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The whole Adam Reach thing is just agent talk. Get rumors circulating that Norwich are interested and other clubs who admire our recruitment will take notice. He's in the same category as Will Vaulks ie good Championship player on his day, nothing more.

He’s not even that good, laughable rumour 

The RB link was debunked on the PinkUn as he won't get a work permit.

Would be very happy with either Adarabioyo or Bornauw - look tough gets to me (especially Adarabioyo), but hard to know exactly how the market is and what Norwich's pulling power is right now.

3 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Would be very happy with either Adarabioyo or Bornauw - look tough gets to me (especially Adarabioyo), but hard to know exactly how the market is and what Norwich's pulling power is right now.

Yep, looks like there’s plenty of interest from the Bundesliga for the German RB anyway, though as you say that’s irrelevant if he can’t get a work permit as you mentioned, Bethnal.

Belgian international CB sounds interesting, I don’t think £11mil is beyond our spending powers but who knows?! Don’t know anything about the Fulham lad, sounds like you rate him?

Those with BT Sport will be able to get a closer look at Bournaw on Wednesday and Saturday as Effzeh hope to stay in the Bundesliga in their two-legged relegation playoff. He's done remarkbaly well considering he was placed in a coma in February after having a tumour removed from his spine.

You'll also see a familiar face in the same team in Duda.

• Thanks 2

I've never seen either of them play but they both seem to fit the profile of what we're after. 22-23 year old big centre back with a lot of potential. I don't know how we'll be able to afford the player from Fulham though, surely if he was good for them last year they'll want at least 15m?

Has anyone seen much of either of them to comment on their ability? I'm more interested in this rumour than usual because they actually sound believable. 

Two players who seem to fit exactly what we would be looking for, I guess the fee for both though could be the stumbling block... 8-10 million might be a go-er, but 11+ and I could see it being out of our reach. 

3 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Two players who seem to fit exactly what we would be looking for, I guess the fee for both though could be the stumbling block... 8-10 million might be a go-er, but 11+ and I could see it being out of our reach. 

As centre back is a priority, and the club have been looking for one since January, I can see a fee up to £13/14/15m being realistic, if Norwich think they are a great prospect. If Koln are relegated then the fee would drop down obviously and it was reported that Adarabioyo has a release clause in his contract that has been activated due to relegation.

45 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Don’t know anything about the Fulham lad, sounds like you rate him?

I'd imagine there are quite a few clubs in the Prem who would like Adarabioyo due to him being young, homegrown, quick and looking competent at Fulham - which is why I said it is more unlikely - especially if the release clause rumour is true.

54 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Like the sound of either of these 2. Both strong and physical defenders rather than your more technical types but I'm sure they must have a bit of that about them as well. Seen more of Adarabioyo who has looked very capable in a Fulham side that were a bit unlucky to not challenge for survival a bit more. There's a few of that Fulham lot I'd be happy for us to take a punt on. They look like they just lacked that bit of chemistry/composure in the vital moments that comes with experience.

Had hoped the Andrich link had a bit more to it as I've been warming to him based on the YouTube reels I've watched 😆 looks a potential ****house type which we'll need a bit of next year.

59 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yeah I saw Adarabioyo linked with someone like Arsenal recently. Really like what I've seen of him though, tall, comfortable on the ball, young.

You'd have to think that with all these links we're clearly in the market for a central defender 

32 minutes ago, king canary said:

You'd have to think that with all these links we're clearly in the market for a central defender 

The Pinkun have been banging the drum that these are the four key positions, and presumably where the money will be spent

"City's target list includes a centre back, two central midfielders and an attacking wide player. The club would also like to bring Olly Skipp back from Tottenham for another loan spell, although Skipp's foot injury and the search for a new head coach at Spurs are likely to be major complicating factors."

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

It depends whom we sell and for how much (I am assuming we sell at least one valued player!) but I will not be at all surprised if we break our incoming transfer record transfer. I can see us paying upwards of £10m for a player.

I suspect the limiting factors for us as are as much wages, given that we cannot afford to overpay, and the possibility, to put it no higher, that we will get relegated back to the Championship. I imagine for some of our potential targets that will rule us out.

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

As centre back is a priority, and the club have been looking for one since January, I can see a fee up to £13/14/15m being realistic, if Norwich think they are a great prospect. If Koln are relegated then the fee would drop down obviously and it was reported that Adarabioyo has a release clause in his contract that has been activated due to relegation.

I'd imagine there are quite a few clubs in the Prem who would like Adarabioyo due to him being young, homegrown, quick and looking competent at Fulham - which is why I said it is more unlikely - especially if the release clause rumour is true.

Cheers Bethnal. I guess the competition for him of course is to be expected if he’s any good. Was thinking Adarabioyo could be to us what Godfrey was to Everton. Promising links though, and none sound far fetched or anything.

Connor and Paddy were talking about Ajer to Newcastle yesterday  (around £8m price tag) and apparently Norwich were saying they thought they could do better for a cheaper price.

3 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Connor and Paddy were talking about Ajer to Newcastle yesterday  (around £8m price tag) and apparently Norwich were saying they thought they could do better for a cheaper price.

'hought they could do better for a cheaper price'

Sound's like another way of saying 'We want you but  only if you lower the price'

25 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Ajer isn’t fantastic so glad Norwich wouldn’t consider spending £8m on him. His lack of pace is a big problem if he’s expected to play in a back 4. 

• Like 1