Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

9 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Serious questions need asking if we cannot reinvest some of that huge transfer feeĀ 

That's what loan fees are, not to mention the fact I said "most of our business", not all.

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's how I expect most of our business will be. Avoid expensive flops if we go down and if we stay up, they're rewarded with a deal with us. It worked wonderfully with both Gibson and Giannoulis.

Loan to buy deals are exceptionally hard to get over the line. Burnley dragged their heels over the Gibson deal for around 6 weeks and accepted other bids for him ahead of Norwich's - luckily Gibson rejected those clubs and left Burnley with no choice but to agree to Norwich's offer.Ā 

I could see maybe 1 or at most 2 deals like that for players who'll bolster the squad, but if Norwich want players who'll improve the starting XI, I doubt they'll be able to findĀ (m)any on a loan to buy deal.

2 hours ago, tricky974 said:

I was thinking of Olise but not sure if available or price it was just a thought

There was something about a release fee of Ā£8m in his contract with Reading, but whether that's been negotiated out of the reckoning, I don't know.

6 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

That's what loan fees are, not to mention the fact I said "most of our business", not all.

Should we not be exploiting the depleted market whilst we can financially compete?Ā 

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Should we not be exploiting the depleted market whilst we can financially compete?Ā 

Who says we can financially compete?

Does anyone here genuinely believe Webber is not totally on top of all the matters that have been raised on this thread?Ā 

2 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Who says we canā€™t?Ā 

Who says we can?

41 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Loan to buy deals are exceptionally hard to get over the line. Burnley dragged their heels over the Gibson deal for around 6 weeks and accepted other bids for him ahead of Norwich's - luckily Gibson rejected those clubs and left Burnley with no choice but to agree to Norwich's offer.Ā 

I could see maybe 1 or at most 2 deals like that for players who'll bolster the squad, but if Norwich want players who'll improve the starting XI, I doubt they'll be able to findĀ (m)any on a loan to buy deal.

I think they were more for making a proper go at promotion to get players in the door that wouldn't have joined permenantly if we'd stayed down. Same thing Leeds did with Augustin and then managed to somehow worm their way out of when it went **** up.

If Aarons and Buendia leave and the only way to get suitable quality replacements is to loan them with no obligation (Williams, Elliott) then so be it. We'll need to use every trick in the book to survive. Look at Bolton when they managed to get Sturridge and Wilshere in to help them survive. In the meantime we can get our own prospects some experience as back up or out on loan and then next summer we either survive and can lob Ā£25m a piece at a quality replacement or if we go down we look at the likes of Mumba or Martin with another year of experience.

1 hour ago, Tetteys Jig said:

to be honest it's from some bloke who sort of knows Webber so it's very tenuous. Makes complete sense that we'd go for him though. If he's available we should be absolutely jumping on that one.

Nothing like a bit of my mate's mate kind of rumour!Ā šŸ˜‚

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

They seem to be more prevalent on the continent though, so maybe clubs overseas would be more receptive. I swear that nearly half of all transfers in Serie A are loans with options/obligations to buy.

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

They seem to be more prevalent on the continent though, so maybe clubs overseas would be more receptive. I swear that nearly half of all transfers in Serie A are loans with options/obligations to buy.

Iā€™d imagine that is because they are all skint. I bet we could get some bargains from that league and serie b( Dennis Man)

11 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

In a normal market I'd agree but there are lots of reports of teams, particularly on the continent, being desperate to get people off the wage budget. They may also want an upfront fee but the financial need may mean they have to settle for more loans.

This market is also why I think Armstrong is a more realistic target than he would have been in previous seasons. Championship finances are a state and clubs don't have the ability toĀ hold out for Ā£20m when a club puts Ā£12m on the table.

Edited by king canary
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, king canary said:

In a normal market I'd agree but there are lots of reports of teams, particularly on the continent, being desperate to get people off the wage budget. They may also want an upfront fee but the financial need may mean they have to settle for more loans.

This market is also why I think Armstrong is a more realistic target than he would have been in previous seasons. Championship finances are a state and clubs don't have the ability toĀ hold out for Ā£20m when a club puts Ā£12m on the table.

True, more chance of it now than most years. However, I canā€™t think of many loan to buys done last summer in the Prem and things might have been more desperate then than now.Ā 

To complete such a deal there needs to be no other club interested who will make it a permanent deal immediately. I canā€™t see there being a large pool of players who will be seen as good first team options for Norwich but no other Prem club wouldnā€™t move for if there was a deal to be done.Ā 

Add in that clubs on the continent still see Prem clubs as cash cows and it makes theses deals incredibly hard. I can definitely see it being much more common in the Championship and in the continent though where money will be extremely tight.Ā 

Hard to predict which way the window will go this summer, but can see Premier League clubs getting back to almost normal in spending as the TV deal is still huge and it seems likely fans will be returning sooner rather than later.

Prices may drop and loans might become more common for fringe players, leaving Prem team though. Not sure there will be a massive uptick in loans coming into the Prem but that will depend on if the market gets moving or not.Ā 

Best of today's rumours - Perreira from West Brom Ā£15m.

Yes please. Perfect Emi replacement.

6 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Would take Perreira all day long! But Iā€™d be very surprised if some mid table ā€˜establishedā€™ Prem sides arenā€™t in for him, if not higher.

9 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Where's that from?Ā 

I would LOVE that. Suspect there are bigger sides who would take an interest.

• Like 1

On 04/06/2021 at 11:16, TheGunnShow said:

Precisely, Ajer is a good ball-playing defender, but he is short of a yard of pace and more worrying, he lacks a bit of aggression. That's often where Hanley stands out - if anything's pumped in, he basically goes all Braveheart to keep it out.

The norwegian press is predicting that Ajer and King will sign for Newcastle.Ā 

Ā 

Im not disepointed if they dont come to Norwich

3 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Where's that from?Ā 

I would LOVE that. Suspect there are bigger sides who would take an interest.

carrowroad.net is carrying the story - no idea if they made it up though!

Ā 

3 minutes ago, Olano said:

Ā 

Weren't we supposed to be sniffing aroundĀ Fredrik BjĆørkan?Ā BodĆø/Glimt have got off to a good start again, I see.

3 minutes ago, Olano said:

Ā 

Me neither - don't think either of these are good enough.

10 minutes ago, Olano said:

Ā 

Thanks for that, Olano šŸ‘. Donā€™t know what the general consensus is on here, but personally Iā€™m reallyĀ not bothered about Joshua King whatsoever, and I donā€™t believe for a minute we are or ever were inĀ for him - Ā he doesnā€™t have a great attitude and therefore that strikes him off the list immediately.Ā Ajer appears to be questionable on that front too.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

All day everyday I'd be happy with that deal. šŸ‘

25 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Me neither - don't think either of these are good enough.

I would have been happy with Ajer, better than Zimmerman and I think could have ousted Hanley. Agree with King so overrated, bang average Championship player at best.Ā 

2 hours ago, TheGunnShow said:

Weren't we supposed to be sniffing aroundĀ Fredrik BjĆørkan?Ā BodĆø/Glimt have got off to a good start again, I see.

We where. Sad that we went for Janulis insted. BjĆørkan is fantastic this season. And is now on the Norwegian National team.Ā 

Ā 

There are 3-4 Norwegians that dont cost to much that is a good gamble.Ā 

Ā 

King and Ajer is a No frome me

1 minute ago, Olano said:

We where. Sad that we went for Janulis insted. BjĆørkan is fantastic this season. And is now on the Norwegian National team.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Dunno, Giannoulis has been a very good find IMO.

13 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Dunno, Giannoulis has been a very good find IMO.

The fact that most of our Sky pundits who saw Giannoulis in action had nothing but positive things to say about him (And a few even saying he 'looks like a Premier League player in waiting') fair to say he's been good, and given we have got him for just 8 million that's quite a bargain

Ā 

16 minutes ago, Olano said:

Ā 

Ā 

King? No. He threw a massive strop and tantrum at Bournmouth the second they looked in trouble of going down and forced a move to Everton.. Only for Everton to then regreat this when they find out that he was an overhyped, self absorbed, overpriced flop and thus he's been rotting on their bech.

Ā 

Ajer on the other hand.. I would like to see it. He's young, big and strong (which we need..) still has a lot to learn and most importantly just like quite a few players Webber has signed (such as Krul) very much has something to prove to his doubters. Him coming to us would be a very textbook Norwich transfer

• Like 1

Would be up for looking atĀ BjĆørkanĀ as a reserve left-back, as that is a potential problem position if McCullum is going out on loan again.

Can't share @cambridgeshire canary's keenness on Ajer. He looks better suited to Italy than England, unless he gets a yard or two of extra pace and a fair bit of extra aggression. He's one of those big units that's more Zimmermann/Klose than Hanley in the aggression / power stakes.

2 hours ago, sgncfc said:

This guy is reported to be Villa's 2nd choice if Emi goes to Arsenal and seeing how close Villa is to WBA i doubt CityĀ  could bring him here in those circumstances.

7 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

This guy is reported to be Villa's 2nd choice if Emi goes to Arsenal and seeing how close Villa is to WBA i doubt CityĀ  could bring him here in those circumstances.

Might not be that easy to switch between WBA / Wolves / Villa, I'd think!