Alex Moss

Transfer Rumour Thread Season 2021/22

30 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It does make me wonder though, he was in and around the first team then appeared to suddenly drop off the earth. That in itself can lead to some conclusions but I’m hope I’m wrong.

In fairness though he was only ever promoted to the starting line-up due to injuries, I don't think he actually held a first-team place by anything other than default this season - even though he did have some impressive games. 

Farke keeps a tight knit squad and once he had his main players back it was always likely he wouldn't feature so much. Although he can count himself unfortunate for that, its the same thing that also saw Vrancic, Rupp, Hernandez, Placheta, Idah, Hugill, Mumba struggling to feature for long periods of the season even when fully fit. 

My immediate thought is that it would be great to have seen more from our youngsters this season (particularly Martin, Idah and Mumba as they all look like they could play regularly), but I cannot complain given how we finished the season and Farke's record for bringing youngsters into the side speaks for itself!

It would be interesting to see what Farke would've done with Omobamidele if Gibson had returned to fitness during the season; harsh to immediately drop him but I think we'd have seen Omo slip to the bench but maybe become 3rd choice CB? Omo was easily the most impressive of our youngsters for me though, half expect we will see more of him in the first team next season - perhaps our 4th choice option after a new signing? Or would we rather have Zimmerman in there and Omo out on loan guaranteed regular football?

20 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned on another thread, but have seen rumors surfacing of Max A at a players lunch at Tottenham recently, fueling speculation he will be off there. Has anyone heard anything else about this?

Trying scrolling to the top of this page?

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Trying scrolling to the top of this page?

Ok, the previous page 😳

7 minutes ago, jaberry2 said:

For some reason Martin got dropped down after being in and around the first team. Could certainly be one shipped out on loan. Placheta has a lot of talent, but will require time. If we have enough squad depth it would be good to loan him out for a short term period to get him used to the English game.

As above, I don't think we can read too much into that, he came in thanks to injuries in the squad and then fell back down the pecking order when players returned to fitness. But yes, definitely should look at a loan for Martin as well as Placheta, sure a mid/lower-level champs club would take Josh and play him. 

2 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Ok, the previous page 😳

I did say apologies if ive missed it

I spoke to a Fulham fan about Tosin Adarabioyo - says that whilst defending he's very good; strong, good at heading, great at stopping balls getting into the box, he lacks a lot of pace, makes mistakes with ball playing and passing, doesn't feel he is good enough for the Prem at this stage

Would be a weird signing - my understanding was that Norwich could and would get better value for money looking abroad as opposed to domestic markets (with the exceptions of free agents such as Josh King etc)

4 hours ago, Hank shoots Skyler said:

Would be bonkers to sell Martin permanently before he has even starts to properly realise his potential. How much would we get for him, maybe £4-5mil for him at this stage in his career? Can't see a figure dramatically more or less than that, so has to be a loan.

On Placheta / Hernandez I would personally prefer we kept Onel and loaned Placheta out. 

I think we are more likely to see Hernandez return to previous form (as a super sub at least anyway) than we are to see Placheta dramatically improve in time for next year. 

Do you really think somebody would pay £4-5 million for Josh Martin at the moment................ I can't imagine anybody would pay anywhere near that. He has potential and has had a few first team games but no more than that at the moment.

12 minutes ago, Mark .Y. said:

Do you really think somebody would pay £4-5 million for Josh Martin at the moment................ I can't imagine anybody would pay anywhere near that. He has potential and has had a few first team games but no more than that at the moment.

Potentially not - was just a rough guess really. 

I certainly doubt any club would be willing to meet our current valuation of him. We are sitting on a potentially £10+ mil player in the next few years, all we have to do is ensure he stays on the same trajectory and keeps working hard. We've now realised the value - or are realising the value - for how many of our youngsters, like 5 or 6 players or more? 

So its really hard to justify us selling now for such a cut price - even if we were to get my guess of £4-5mil I'd still question it for such a small boost to our transfer budget. 

But if - like you say - clubs can't even muster that and only offer £2-3mil or even less then there's absolutely nothing in it for us!

Edited by Hank shoots Skyler

On 26/05/2021 at 07:54, Terminally Yellow said:

Today’s Athletic piece is very interesting. The summary below...

• Norwich believed to have £30m to spend before sales and after £15m spent on Gibson and Dimi
  • Targeting a left back, left centre half, two central midfielders and a winger who can play as striker
  • Claims Josh Martin might be sold if the right deal came along, with Stiepermann, Placheta, Hugill and Onel
  • Nyland expected to move on this summer, still a way to go on that one though
  • Josh King is a target but is believed to be a target also for Eddie Howe when he finally takes the Celtic job
  • Credits us with an interest in taking one of Amad, Brandon Williams or James Garner on loan

If Nyland doesn't stay then maybe we could get Paulo Gazzaniga who has been let go by Tottenham. His only 29 and has premiership experience with both Spurs and Southampton.

10 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

He's a player I remember watching for Derby and being quite impressed with. Not done much for Sheffield Utd though, I think.

Not really seen enough of him to be honest, but if we're looking at right backs from the relegated sides then we could do worse than Ola Aina. I doubt he figures in Torino's plans so probably wouldn't cost the earth.

I still wonder if we might dip our toe into the market for a right back towards the end of the window. I think its like 2 factors will dictate it, the most obvious being if Max has been moved on but the second being Byram having the fitness to participate and get through pre-season. If that was the case, I would wonder if we would be looking for a starting RB or if they would feel Byram with Mumba as his understudy could make it through the season. Its a big ask, I just would hope Bali would be getting better with another preseason and cup games for us, whilst also training with our coaches and could step up if required. Remember Max was only 19 and in his second season in the first team when he was first choice. 

27 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I still wonder if we might dip our toe into the market for a right back towards the end of the window. I think its like 2 factors will dictate it, the most obvious being if Max has been moved on but the second being Byram having the fitness to participate and get through pre-season. If that was the case, I would wonder if we would be looking for a starting RB or if they would feel Byram with Mumba as his understudy could make it through the season. Its a big ask, I just would hope Bali would be getting better with another preseason and cup games for us, whilst also training with our coaches and could step up if required. Remember Max was only 19 and in his second season in the first team when he was first choice. 

It would be suicide to try and rely on Byram at this point.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, king canary said:

Indeed, he hasn't played for over 15 months now and from Farke's comments a couple of months back he may never regain Premier League fitness. At this stage it's hard to view him as anything other than a fifth 'extra' full back if he can get fit; i.e. third choice right back and third choice left back. He needs a run of games to prove his fitness before we can consider him first or second choice.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Don't worry, Sorensen could always fill in 😉

13 hours ago, king canary said:

Byram will never play for us again. 

13 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Indeed, he hasn't played for over 15 months now and from Farke's comments a couple of months back he may never regain Premier League fitness. At this stage it's hard to view him as anything other than a fifth 'extra' full back if he can get fit; i.e. third choice right back and third choice left back. He needs a run of games to prove his fitness before we can consider him first or second choice.

Its honestly such a shame because he was always solid when he did play. Really feel for him 

On 26/05/2021 at 11:19, Hank shoots Skyler said:

In fairness though he was only ever promoted to the starting line-up due to injuries, I don't think he actually held a first-team place by anything other than default this season - even though he did have some impressive games. 

Farke keeps a tight knit squad and once he had his main players back it was always likely he wouldn't feature so much. Although he can count himself unfortunate for that, its the same thing that also saw Vrancic, Rupp, Hernandez, Placheta, Idah, Hugill, Mumba struggling to feature for long periods of the season even when fully fit. 

My immediate thought is that it would be great to have seen more from our youngsters this season (particularly Martin, Idah and Mumba as they all look like they could play regularly), but I cannot complain given how we finished the season and Farke's record for bringing youngsters into the side speaks for itself!

It would be interesting to see what Farke would've done with Omobamidele if Gibson had returned to fitness during the season; harsh to immediately drop him but I think we'd have seen Omo slip to the bench but maybe become 3rd choice CB? Omo was easily the most impressive of our youngsters for me though, half expect we will see more of him in the first team next season - perhaps our 4th choice option after a new signing? Or would we rather have Zimmerman in there and Omo out on loan guaranteed regular football?

Really impressed with Andrew and I think he should be on the bench and he will get games as our CB often suffer from injuries. 

Have there been any sightings at all of Byram? I’m wondering if he’s looking like Ben Marshall did only months after leaving us - like he’d been solidly on the beers. 

Don't know why some people seem quick to not be fond of the idea of us getting Bogle- It seems like a very 'Norwich' transfer. He's still young at only 19, and while yes his team have been awful and gone down, it's clear he's a very talented youngster who still has a lot to prove to his doubters. Sounds like a textbook Norwich buy.

51 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Have there been any sightings at all of Byram? I’m wondering if he’s looking like Ben Marshall did only months after leaving us - like he’d been solidly on the beers. 

Various journalists reported seeing him at Colney doing 1 to 1 work on the pitches when they were all there for the Webber interviews. That is a tad unfair WD40, you read the interview with Marshall and I think he is the complete opposite to Sam in terms of attitude, for a start the club wouldn't be supporting him so much if they did see him also giving everything he can to get back. Pretty sure the rumour from the pinkun journalist on the podcast chats seems to be the club are hopeful he will be able to be involved in the pre-season and they will just take it from there depending on what happens.

45 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Various journalists reported seeing him at Colney doing 1 to 1 work on the pitches when they were all there for the Webber interviews. That is a tad unfair WD40, you read the interview with Marshall and I think he is the complete opposite to Sam in terms of attitude, for a start the club wouldn't be supporting him so much if they did see him also giving everything he can to get back. Pretty sure the rumour from the pinkun journalist on the podcast chats seems to be the club are hopeful he will be able to be involved in the pre-season and they will just take it from there depending on what happens.

Thanks I’d literally seen hide nor hair of him in terms of pictures, and he hasn’t posted on social media since May 2020. I had wondered if he just fell off the map. If he’s been doing individual work it suggests he has a chance at least. 

Talk around the club is Bryam is still in contention such is the level of his competency when he is fit. He also has the entirety of pre-season to get up to speed. My fear is another Matt Jarvis, and I mean that with all due respect, no player wants to be a crock of course. 

Full back cover has to be a priority and as @Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man has said, Bryam might just become a bit part player, someone who gets cup starts.

Louis Thompson is another and what a prospect he was?

I believe he's still on the City books but has played just nine games for us in seven years.

Having been loaned out (more latterly to MK Dons) he's managed just one hundred appearances at all levels since signing for us.

All clubs seem to have a 'sicknote' (not really fond of the term, tbh,) just as all clubs seem to have a mis-fit like Drmic.

Oliveira was cheese to Farke's chalk, whilst Leitner had a history of 'edge.'

I'm still wondering what Tom Trybul did wrong though. He was useful a couple of seasons ago.

Edited by BroadstairsR

31 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Thanks I’d literally seen hide nor hair of him in terms of pictures, and he hasn’t posted on social media since May 2020. I had wondered if he just fell off the map. If he’s been doing individual work it suggests he has a chance at least. 

I think he was on the pitch after the Bournemouth game. Hopefully the club are being very thorough with his fitness. 

He will have to prove his fitness to earn a place in the squad. When he is back to his best his defensive ability will make him a very important player in the first team. 

I discovered the YouTube full replay of the Norwich v Man. City game recently and for the first time I re-watched most of it.

Goss was unremittent in his praise of Byram, who had an outstanding game.

Notably, he also considered Amardou as being 'dominant' in the centre of the defence, whilst not being his chosen position.

I can't recall what happened to him but wouldn't mind him back on that showing.

2 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I discovered the YouTube full replay of the Norwich v Man. City game recently and for the first time I re-watched most of it.

Notably, he also considered Amardou as being 'dominant' in the centre of the defence, whilst not being his chosen position.

Amadou was honestly a pretty decent player, it's a shame he never stayed it did not work out for him.. Although being played out of position and us not having a defensive mdifield role at the time didn't help him but he was always solid regardless

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Amadou was honestly a pretty decent player, it's a shame he never stayed it did not work out for him.. Although being played out of position and us not having a defensive mdifield role at the time didn't help him but he was always solid regardless

The guy had all season to make an impression and for whatever reason he did not. Yes he played well in the Man City game when the rest of the squad was crocked, but clearly outside of that game he did not do enough for Farke to warrant picking him over our regular starters. I see no reason to wish for him back here to be honest.

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

It seems the story with Amadou is that he was identified early in the window but Farke didn't rate him. Not technically good enough to play the team's style. Amadou had only played as a defender as a part of a back 3 and he wasn't really signed with defence in mind.

As the window went on Norwich couldn't find another defensive midfielder that they could afford and it was decided to bring him in despite Farke's hesitancy. Amadou never impressed Farke enough in training to win a first team place ahead of Tettey. He got two starts in that position, the 2-2 draw with Arsenal and the 2-1 defeat to Southampton - in the Southampton game he was taken off at half time and that was pretty much it for Amadou.

I don't really get what Farke had against him, he certainly wasn't bad enough to be hauled off at half time in the Southampton game. The club didn't really want to end his loan early, but the player made it pretty clear he didn't want to stay if he wasn't playing. Rupp was brought in to help cover midfield so Amadou could leave.