Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

3 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t we have a new thread for the new season?!

Where's Cambridgeo  when you need him?. Must have been stopped for speeding on the way home from school.

• Haha 1

Not a rumour but would quite like us to look at Samuele Ricci of Empoli if we can’t get Skipp back on loan. Big future in the game, currently playing in Serie B, 19, Italy u21 international. He has a good passing range as well as being a gritty tackler. Only drawback is Arsenal and Leicester have been alerted to him. 

45 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/transfer-rumour-norwich-interested-in-celtic-defender-7915000

And here we go again.

Would be a very good signing on paper as bigger clubs than us have been sniffing round him in the past, so the competition may be a bit too strong unless Celtic's poor season has caused his stock to drop.

Would be a Very, very good signing if true. Guy's the defintion of brick wall, 6ft 5 and seems like just what we need.. And he's only on 12 thousand a week which seems crazy.. Although he is linked to AC Milan and Liverpool so not going to get my hopes too high

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

3 hours ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Not a rumour but would quite like us to look at Samuele Ricci of Empoli if we can’t get Skipp back on loan. Big future in the game, currently playing in Serie B, 19, Italy u21 international. He has a good passing range as well as being a gritty tackler. Only drawback is Arsenal and Leicester have been alerted to him. 

Brexit regulations screw that one.

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/transfer-rumour-norwich-interested-in-celtic-defender-7915000

And here we go again.

Would be a very good signing on paper as bigger clubs than us have been sniffing round him in the past, so the competition may be a bit too strong unless Celtic's poor season has caused his stock to drop.

yes please on what I've seen in real life and YES PLEASE! on what I've seen on football manager!

If we do have a new thread could the creator explain the new EU rules in the opening post? It would knock 50% of most suggestions on the head.

I'd like to see us go for Lamina who is on loan to Fulham from Southampton. Big lad who can play.

11 hours ago, Tetteys Jig said:

yes please on what I've seen in real life and YES PLEASE! on what I've seen on football manager!

Yep, he's a beast on both counts. Would be a phenomenal addition.

52 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

If we do have a new thread could the creator explain the new EU rules in the opening post? It would knock 50% of most suggestions on the head.

I'd like to see us go for Lamina who is on loan to Fulham from Southampton. Big lad who can play.

This may help, a very detailed explanation:

https://worldfootballindex.com/2020/12/work-permits-premier-league-post-brexit-english-clubs-efl-libertadores/

Edited by horsefly
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, horsefly said:

Very interesting, especially the suggestion that our bigger clubs will acquire groups of clubs around the world to get round the new rules. But basically we are going to struggle to sign Europeans who aren't regular international players. Most of those will be outside our finances. Expect to see South Americans arrive in the summer. Having Emi at the club will hopefully help with that.

• Like 1

Yep. Signing internationals is the most straightforward way to get the points. 

The question would then be which countries have good players playing at smaller teams? For example, it is unlikely that we will attract any of the players from the French/Spanish squads, but I'm sure there will be decent players in the Swiss/Polish/Danish/Uruguayan national teams that we could get.

Must be frustrating for the scouting departments though. Where do they begin, with scouting the player or calculating the points?

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Very interesting, especially the suggestion that our bigger clubs will acquire groups of clubs around the world to get round the new rules. But basically we are going to struggle to sign Europeans who aren't regular international players. Most of those will be outside our finances. Expect to see South Americans arrive in the summer. Having Emi at the club will hopefully help with that.

I wouldn't say this is particularly new in terms of a revelation. It's not just big clubs either.

Watford are owned by a family who owns more than one football club - they own Udinese as well.

You obviously have Man City with New York City FC.

Red Bull have Leipzig, Salzburg, New York Red Bulls and two teams in Brazil, one in their top league. It's also no secret that they have ambitions to own a club in the English leagues but so far, most clubs have resisted due to the fact that they totally rebrand the club to match their own franchise - there have been discussions on here about it in the past with some "fans" suggesting they would be happy to play in the Red Bull Arena, be called the Norwich Red Bulls and have our colours changed to red and white.

I am sure there are others and there will be others looking to do the same now that they need to find ways of bringing players in that they didn't have to consider before.

18 hours ago, chicken said:

I wouldn't say this is particularly new in terms of a revelation. It's not just big clubs either.

Watford are owned by a family who owns more than one football club - they own Udinese as well.

You obviously have Man City with New York City FC.

Red Bull have Leipzig, Salzburg, New York Red Bulls and two teams in Brazil, one in their top league. It's also no secret that they have ambitions to own a club in the English leagues but so far, most clubs have resisted due to the fact that they totally rebrand the club to match their own franchise - there have been discussions on here about it in the past with some "fans" suggesting they would be happy to play in the Red Bull Arena, be called the Norwich Red Bulls and have our colours changed to red and white.

I am sure there are others and there will be others looking to do the same now that they need to find ways of bringing players in that they didn't have to consider before.

I accept that this was already going on and has actually been happening for quite a long time. But the organisations and clubs already involved weren't doing it to get round the Brexit changes which only came into force this year

First onto this.

Quelle surprise.

The early bird etc. (full details in the news section.)

Boubakar Kouyate Mali international defender from Metz @ c. £4.5m. Central defender.

Sounds good, as do they all. The right muscle, athleticism and technique springs to mind. Versatile and can play defensive midfielder.

As always, a host of other clubs "interested" with Southampton being among them, as is the usual. Where's Brighton in this one?

Not to get too excited as it is early days, but aiming in the right direction it seems, and backed up by our usual scouting methods? 

Edited by BroadstairsR

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

First onto this.

Quelle surprise.

The early bird etc. (full details in the news section.)

Boubakar Kouyate Mali international defender from Metz @ c. £4.5m. Central defender.

Sounds good, as do they all. The right muscle, athleticism and technique springs to mind. Versatile and can play defensive midfielder.

As always, a host of other clubs "interested" with Southampton being among them, as is the usual. Where's Brighton in this one?

Not to get too excited as it is early days, but aiming in the right direction it seems, and backed up by our usual scouting methods? 

Just watched a few videos and he looks very good. He looks strong, his positioning is very good, pace and great reading of the game. Let's get busy early and if this is a link then keep this quality in the mix.

This is the type of player we need, from the write up and video. Players from the championship are going to cost much more, but he looks a perfect fit for what we need.

We certainly should be busy in the transfer market.

Def need a centre half and possibly 2 defensive midfielders, will Skipp be one? If skipp doesn't join then Lungi as cover possibly. But we saw last prem campaign injuries to key positions hindered us. We need that DM position truly covered it is so important in this league and in our style of play.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, smooth said:

Just watched a few videos and he looks very good. He looks strong, his positioning is very good, pace and great reading of the game. Let's get busy early and if this is a link then keep this quality in the mix.

This is the type of player we need, from the write up and video. Players from the championship are going to cost much more, but he looks a perfect fit for what we need.

We certainly should be busy in the transfer market.

Def need a centre half and possibly 2 defensive midfielders, will Skipp be one? If skipp doesn't join then Lungi as cover possibly. But we saw last prem campaign injuries to key positions hindered us. We need that DM position truly covered it is so important in this league and in our style of play.

Spot on. Exactly the type of player we need to add to our team. That physicality is massive in the prem and we were exploited last time due to our lack of it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fuzzar said:

He certainly likes a tackle and has good pace by the looks. 

Perhaps a bit too much. Hanley, Zimmermann and Gibson have racked up 12 yellow cards in 78 starts this season, and he has nine in 19...🤓

Obviously I know you have to take links with a pinch of salt but it does seem like we're after a central defender- Joe Worrall the 3rd one linked in the last week or so. 

33 minutes ago, king canary said:

Obviously I know you have to take links with a pinch of salt but it does seem like we're after a central defender- Joe Worrall the 3rd one linked in the last week or so. 

Good shout

7 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Joe Worrall would be a superb signing. Wouldn't come cheap, but he's Premier League quality every day of the week. Him and Gibson would be a superb pairing. 

Hanley is good enough for the lower Prem.  I wouldn't be surprised if our first choice pairing was the same as this season.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Joe Worrall would be a superb signing. Wouldn't come cheap, but he's Premier League quality every day of the week. Him and Gibson would be a superb pairing. 

Yeah I like him a lot. Only question mark is how comfortable he'd be going from a Hughton side to a Farke one.

3 minutes ago, Orly said:

Hanley is good enough for the lower Prem.  I wouldn't be surprised if our first choice pairing was the same as this season.

I don't disagree, but I think Zimmermann has struggled with the injuries. My view is we need a fourth central defensive option, allowing Omobamidele the chance to get some more game time out on loan. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Orly said:

Personally I disagree. Errors like the ones he's made the last couple of games are the kind of things that get punished with regularity by Premier League sides. A fine option as 3rd choice but I'd be concerned if we're starting him week in week out next season.

All defenders (players even) make mistakes, Hanley certainly isn’t alone in that. Bit harsh to single a couple of recent errors out in the context of his excellent season. 

36 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

All defenders (players even) make mistakes, Hanley certainly isn’t alone in that. Bit harsh to single a couple of recent errors out in the context of his excellent season. 

Not really. Hanley has a lot of excellent elements to his game that show up more in the Championship. However the kind of errors he does make are the kind that sometimes don't show up with Championship strikers but get seized upon in the Premier league. Doesn't mean I think he's a bad player, just not someone I think is a regular Premier League starter.

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

Not really. Hanley has a lot of excellent elements to his game that show up more in the Championship. However the kind of errors he does make are the kind that sometimes don't show up with Championship strikers but get seized upon in the Premier league. Doesn't mean I think he's a bad player, just not someone I think is a regular Premier League starter.

His shirt to lose. That simple. He never really got a shot in the prem due to injury. Fact remains that despite some horrendous detractors online, who have even stated (as they do) that he is league 1 at best, he is quite possibly our best all round defender.