Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

Norwich City, flush with cash from selling Godfrey to Everton, are working hard on the ambitious double swoop of Newcastle’s Matty Longstaff and Owen Bailey. Bailey will be permanent, Longstaff loan with option to purchase. No rush on this deal as window is 15th. KA. #NCFC #NUFC

Just now, lappinitup said:
Norwich City, flush with cash from selling Godfrey to Everton, are working hard on the ambitious double swoop of Newcastle’s Matty Longstaff and Owen Bailey. Bailey will be permanent, Longstaff loan with option to purchase. No rush on this deal as window is 15th. KA. #NCFC #NUFC

I'm conditioned not to believe anything a Keith says 😛

9 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Just what we need: a central midfielder.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

Can anyone explain this

"The international deadline scheduled for 11pm tonight wouldn’t apply unless Basel qualified for European competition"

Does this mean clubs not qualfied for European Competition who have their windows still open can trade players?

I guess it's a reference to the fact that the deadline for registering players for European competitions is tomorrow? So any club who signs a player after tomorrow can't use him in European competition.

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Just what we need: a central midfielder.

Owen Bailey is a centre-back (although very worryingly he can also play defensive midfield according to transfer mrkt 🙂 - and just when you thought you were safe from 'he's a defensive midfielder not a central defender'  posts 😉 ). 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Owen Bailey is a centre-back (although very worryingly he can also play defensive midfield according to transfer mrkt 🙂 - and just when you thought you were safe from 'he's a defensive midfielder not a central defender'  posts 😉 ). 

Matty Longstaff though would be a really good signing. Full of energy, drives forward and scores goals. The Geordies love him but I cant see him getting much game time. His brother Sean is ahead of him in the pecking order and was linked to Man Utd last year. I would describe Matty as similar to Harrison Reed in stature but scores more goals. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

It was a reference to Longstaff, not Bailey, and it was meant to be ironic 😉

• Like 2

Thankfully there’s this on the NUFC site “Owen, who describes himself as an ‘old-fashioned centre-back’ arrived at the United Academy at the age of 7”.  So we’d not need to worry about DM arguments.🙂

Edited by Branston Pickle

4 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Longstaff runs around a lot and passes the ball sideways. 

He'll fit in well here then

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Longstaff runs around a lot and passes the ball sideways. 

I prefer players who run around a lot and pass the ball sideways to players who don't run much and pass the ball backwards...........

................ thinks of Mike Milligan................ shudders........................

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I prefer players who run around a lot and pass the ball sideways to players who don't run much and pass the ball backwards...........

................ thinks of Mike Milligan................ shudders........................

Reminds me of a lot of years ago when I was a wee laddie and used to watch the reserves on a Friday night. 

We had a player called David Smith who had the strangest body length to leg length ratio I've ever seen. 

He used to spend his whole time going backwards. 

We used to go as a group and had a bet (sweets because I was under age for gambling 😉) about the furthest back pass he would do during a game, we used to shout wrong way every time he turned to goal. 

Those were the days 😂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Reminds me of a lot of years ago when I was a wee laddie and used to watch the reserves on a Friday night. 

We had a player called David Smith who had the strangest body length to leg length ratio I've ever seen. 

He used to spend his whole time going backwards. 

We used to go as a group and had a bet (sweets because I was under age for gambling 😉) about the furthest back pass he would do during a game, we used to shout wrong way every time he turned to goal. 

Those were the days 😂

I remember him, little round head, jet black short hair. Don’t remember the leg to body ratio though 😂

Longstaff is 5ft 6 and has been injured since the end of last season with a bad thigh strain. Just what we need. Not.

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I remember him, little round head, jet black short hair. Don’t remember the leg to body ratio though 😂

He was lovingly known as chicken man by our group because of it. 

7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Longstaff is 5ft 6 and has been injured since the end of last season with a bad thigh strain. Just what we need. Not.

Sounds exactly our type, get that 5 year contract drawn up 😄 

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

He was lovingly known as chicken man by our group because of it. 

I always said he should have his number on the front of his shirt.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

You do realise the end of last season is barely 2 months ago.

5 minutes ago, Rolf Harris said:

It's a wind up account. We wont be seeing them.

Fair enough, but it’s the sort of thing that we are likely to be looking at