Bill

Official transfer rumour thread

You can not join Wolves Brighton Leicester if they do not bid for you 

Like i said the week before International week i was told a unnamed club were clubs in talks about our youngsters 

i honestly thought it would have been Leicester as it was at the time they sold their LB

Newcastle never seem to Build a team always individuals But if they get it right again and get the place rocking i imagine there are not many better places to be   

The clue to his leaving might be in the signing of Quintilla and McCallum

The initial fee plus adds is no more than our 'try before you buy' arrangement with Gibson - and I trust Webber to have got the best deal

Gibson and Sorensen suggests that Godfrey could be moving on. That is the nature of the beast

And if this does turn out to be correct (Lewis - N'castle) then where all the experts who told us that when Leics sold their LB to Chelsea, Lewis was nailed on to move to Leics ?

Been directed here by A Load of Squit in relation to posting on the correct transfers threads. So who is the best moving company when you relocate.

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Does it matter what the rest of the football world thinks?  PSG would be a fantastic step up for a young player. 

LDC, I didn’t say it wasn’t a step up. But the only trophy that PSG could win that would make the football world take notice would be the Champions League, and I will give a tender to the CSF for every time that happens while Aarons is playing for them.

Newcastle have had a bid of £20M accepted by Bournemouth for Callum Wilson. We've got the right price for Jamal, and Villa have been mugged for Cash.

33 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Newcastle have had a bid of £20M accepted by Bournemouth for Callum Wilson. We've got the right price for Jamal, and Villa have been mugged for Cash.

That is actually a good signing by Newcastle imo.

13 minutes ago, paddycanary said:

Are Bournemouth going to flog all of their 'crown jewels?'

A year ago they had a wage bill of £110m

owe £100m to various lenders

and still owe £79m (net) in transfer fees

they will see their income drop by around £65m this season

so guess what ?

Why the delay in the Lewis move unless it is just to polish the final details.  The fee maybe a little lower than Webber's inflated estimation.  And to kybosh this move to a perfectly respectable club will destroy Lewis after the Liverpool attempted robbery.  Seems he accepted failing to get the move back to the PL in good heart but another move in progression could leave the lad in turmoil.  This move could offset city's spending spree. 

15 minutes ago, pete said:

Why the delay in the Lewis move unless it is just to polish the final details.  The fee maybe a little lower than Webber's inflated estimation.  And to kybosh this move to a perfectly respectable club will destroy Lewis after the Liverpool attempted robbery.  Seems he accepted failing to get the move back to the PL in good heart but another move in progression could leave the lad in turmoil.  This move could offset city's spending spree. 

Basically we don't know, however I would expect Lewis to be well aware that this is not the 'last lifeboat' and he will eventually move on... so why would it affect him ?

Newcastle is the better destination for him he will be a first team regular for them rather than back up for liverpool

gold luck to the lad, he did well for us and we have made a very substantial profit on one of our academy players 

33 minutes ago, pete said:

He is away on international duty, id imagine that would hold some of the deal up!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pete said:

Northern Ireland boss refused to let him go until after the match on Tuesday. 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's off. Hope he progresses.

Wish it wasent Newcastle but hey, wish him well

Actually think it's a good move for him. Bruce has been v shrewd with them since last years bad start and should get more credit. Yeah they don't look glamorous but they are very solid. Wilson might finally be what they need to get scoring as well

Hell of a home ground to play in. A big step up from Carrow Rd as much as we might like to not think so. Admittedly ground is not everything, but Newcastle are a “proper” EPL team.... 

new article on sky sports saying ac milan and roma have thrown their hats in the ring for aarons. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/12082179/max-aarons-ac-milan-and-roma-interested-in-norwich-defender

think that's just about every top club linked now... surely if he does go we'll get a minimum of 30 mill plus add ons. not the 18-20 mill sky seem to suggest ?

3 minutes ago, crab man said:

new article on sky sports saying ac milan and roma have thrown their hats in the ring for aarons. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11709/12082179/max-aarons-ac-milan-and-roma-interested-in-norwich-defender

think that's just about every top club linked now... surely if he does go we'll get a minimum of 30 mill plus add ons. not the 18-20 mill sky seem to suggest ?

Indeed. Yet, this lad is the best RB I've seen play for us and I'm not surprised by the interest. Let's pray we keep him for the season at least. You feel money may yet talk (as Farke says if we are offered such a big amount we have to look seriously). 

I don't think you get many players like Max coming through the ranks.

I agree but believe Bali Mumba will be the next. Also really excited by Dickson-Peters. He could potentially be a star of the future 

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I don't think you get many players like Max coming through the ranks.

I so agree Sonyc . As a teenager the high level of his performances have hardly ever dipped during the roller coaster ride we’ve had since his debut . That’s pretty extraordinary. Now as a 20 year old Championship player he doesn’t seem distracted by interest from Barcelona / Bayern Munich etc . I mean that’s insane !! To me, it suggests he has the mental attitude you must have to succeed at the very top. 
Hope he stays here longer , but good luck to the boy ! 

Edited by Pockthorpe
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, crab man said:

Have we ever had a player consistently linked with so many big clubs?

only benefit I can see is that we get all the interested clubs into a bidding war to ramp up the price, given he signed until 2024 and we've no need to sell. however, downside may be that that current market prices don't reflect the true value of a player so ultimately comes down to how desperate we are for cash.