Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

In, or Out

I seem to remember Hughton getting more support than this last time there was uncertainty over we were going. That says alot.

Yes it does.

I am very disappointed but cannot see that sacking our management team will change a lot. CH was an unmitigated disaster frankly and yet the it took overly long to get rid. The same people who supported the status quo in that environment are gagging to sack the manager prematurely now. mmm

[quote user="Ron Manager"]Three pages, well 2.5 if you discount drazen taking half a page, and not one in! Says it all really! Even LDC (no offence)![/quote]No offence taken.  Even with Hughton you could see a method at work, even if it didn''t work often enough.  I supported what he tried to do more than anything.    This season has seen us just look open and  devoid of any discipline when we haven''t got the ball - and even when with a lot of possession, not scoring enough and letting in soft goals is a recipe for disaster.

Sadly for me out...I agree with some of the points made here and in other threads re the board too.. Serious questions have to be asked of the Smiths, Bowkett, all of them in fact. Paul Lambert wasn''t a stupid man and knew what would happen under our dithering board... You could argue that perhaps they hung Hughton out to dry too.. it needed money to be spent in January... They let him get an unwell Jonas Gutierrez on loan... relegation meant he''d get the flack and they wouldnt...Barring Worthington (Who signed Huckerby and went up off the back of that) and Lambert its''s been nothing but a catalogue of disasters since the smiths took over... Rioch and Hamilton nearly ended in relegation, Holding onto Worthy for nearly 2 years too long after relegation from the premiership... Peter Grant, it was stated at the time he was a friend of Delias and Michaels... an old pals act... it was never going to work

Glenn Roeder... Ripped the heart and soul out of us.. Bryan Gunn, a club man, a Norwich Man not just in terms of football but in terms of his personality in the city... A charity founder saving lives with Leukemia... Dropped into a job he was never ever going to refuse and never ever going to be able to do... yet again someone Delia and MWJ closely worked with and liked.. another "old boy" and friend... another failure..Paul Lambert was luck... and so was what he achieved to some extent.. he was impatient and wanted it all but "Prudence with Ambition" wouldn''t allow it... what might have been?we know what happened under Hughton.. and they made the same mistakes again.. waiting too long then going for the "club man" "Mr Norwich City" "local personality" and "Friend" to get them out of it....  All bought in by the same constant people...I feel sorry for Adams, out of his depth, but a good man and a good coach who I would hope would go back to the youth side if things didn’t work out.. but I don''t trust the board to get it right.. not now and not ever... Delia and MWJ are getting older... Fry isn''t a businessman and Phillips was only bought onto the board, in my opinion, to keep the local press "club Friendly" and report nothing negative.The time has come... don''t sell us out to a dodgy investor who''s intentions aren''t clear but do sell us to someone who understands football, maybe someone who''s a little bit of an Ar*ehole... waving scarves and cuddling the fans isn''t what we want Delia... Thank you for the good times, but go and enjoy a retirement...It''s time to let it go...

Sadly I think he should go. Players do not seem to be buying in to whatever Neil is trying to achieve and I don''t think he has the experience to be able to turn that round. I really wanted him to do well because I still believe he is a very good coach, but management requires a different skill set and I don''t think it''s there.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sadly for me out...I agree with some of the points made here and in other threads re the board too.. Serious questions have to be asked of the Smiths, Bowkett, all of them in fact. Paul Lambert wasn''t a stupid man and knew what would happen under our dithering board... You could argue that perhaps they hung Hughton out to dry too.. it needed money to be spent in January... They let him get an unwell Jonas Gutierrez on loan... relegation meant he''d get the flack and they wouldnt...Barring Worthington (Who signed Huckerby and went up off the back of that) and Lambert its''s been nothing but a catalogue of disasters since the smiths took over... Rioch and Hamilton nearly ended in relegation, Holding onto Worthy for nearly 2 years too long after relegation from the premiership... Peter Grant, it was stated at the time he was a friend of Delias and Michaels... an old pals act... it was never going to work

Glenn Roeder... Ripped the heart and soul out of us.. Bryan Gunn, a club man, a Norwich Man not just in terms of football but in terms of his personality in the city... A charity founder saving lives with Leukemia... Dropped into a job he was never ever going to refuse and never ever going to be able to do... yet again someone Delia and MWJ closely worked with and liked.. another "old boy" and friend... another failure..Paul Lambert was luck... and so was what he achieved to some extent.. he was impatient and wanted it all but "Prudence with Ambition" wouldn''t allow it... what might have been?we know what happened under Hughton.. and they made the same mistakes again.. waiting too long then going for the "club man" "Mr Norwich City" "local personality" and "Friend" to get them out of it....  All bought in by the same constant people...I feel sorry for Adams, out of his depth, but a good man and a good coach who I would hope would go back to the youth side if things didn’t work out.. but I don''t trust the board to get it right.. not now and not ever... Delia and MWJ are getting older... Fry isn''t a businessman and Phillips was only bought onto the board, in my opinion, to keep the local press "club Friendly" and report nothing negative.The time has come... don''t sell us out to a dodgy investor who''s intentions aren''t clear but do sell us to someone who understands football, maybe someone who''s a little bit of an Ar*ehole... waving scarves and cuddling the fans isn''t what we want Delia... Thank you for the good times, but go and enjoy a retirement...It''s time to let it go...[/quote]Excellent post Jas!

This is a tough one. I am not normally one for changing managers too often, but in this case there just seems to be no plan. Every game is different - different formation, different squad.....recently the same result.

Like Hughton, Adams seems to be able to take good players and make them complete garbage. Grabban is proven at this level and started the season like a house on fire. Now, he can''t buy a goal.

I am convinced we do actually have a great squad, who are being mismanaged and are slowly, but surely, losing their confidence in themselves and the manager.

With a heavy heart (I really wanted this to work), it has to be OUT for me.

"Aus aus aus"

Having just arrived home having travelled in complete radio silence I''m amazed to read he hasn''t been potted yet.

Out .

Out, and I do not feel sorry for him.  He should never have applied in the first place, and given the decision makers (with their unarguably hopeless record with appointments) the opportunity to employ him.  I blame him every bit as them.

Really Bundy!? I fail to see how when offered the job he could have possibly turned it down? Would you turn down your dream job on a massive salary?

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Three pages, well 2.5 if you discount drazen taking half a page, and not one in! Says it all really! Even LDC (no offence)![/quote]

No offence taken.  Even with Hughton you could see a method at work, even if it didn''t work often enough.  I supported what he tried to do more than anything.    This season has seen us just look open and  devoid of any discipline when we haven''t got the ball - and even when with a lot of possession, not scoring enough and letting in soft goals is a recipe for disaster.

[/quote]

Really? And yet, 90 minutes of playing time ago this was your opinion:

"So I would say hold your nerve, stick with what we''ve got - we have a good structure in place - evolving might take a while, but stability is something that is important and from it can come improvement.   The Newcastle owner Ashley has stood his ground against the fans wanting Pardue out and it looks as if he may turn it round.    Pressure comes from fans and the media.  Boards have to be strong - very strong and decisive.   Decisive sometimes means sticking rather than twisting....."

Your nerve seems to be more fragile than I thought, Lakey.

I wouldn''t apply for a job that I would be hopeless at.  I would have the sense to know that.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Sadly for me out...I agree with some of the points made here and in other threads re the board too.. Serious questions have to be asked of the Smiths, Bowkett, all of them in fact. Paul Lambert wasn''t a stupid man and knew what would happen under our dithering board... You could argue that perhaps they hung Hughton out to dry too.. it needed money to be spent in January... They let him get an unwell Jonas Gutierrez on loan... relegation meant he''d get the flack and they wouldnt...Barring Worthington (Who signed Huckerby and went up off the back of that) and Lambert its''s been nothing but a catalogue of disasters since the smiths took over... Rioch and Hamilton nearly ended in relegation, Holding onto Worthy for nearly 2 years too long after relegation from the premiership... Peter Grant, it was stated at the time he was a friend of Delias and Michaels... an old pals act... it was never going to work

Glenn Roeder... Ripped the heart and soul out of us.. Bryan Gunn, a club man, a Norwich Man not just in terms of football but in terms of his personality in the city... A charity founder saving lives with Leukemia... Dropped into a job he was never ever going to refuse and never ever going to be able to do... yet again someone Delia and MWJ closely worked with and liked.. another "old boy" and friend... another failure..Paul Lambert was luck... and so was what he achieved to some extent.. he was impatient and wanted it all but "Prudence with Ambition" wouldn''t allow it... what might have been?we know what happened under Hughton.. and they made the same mistakes again.. waiting too long then going for the "club man" "Mr Norwich City" "local personality" and "Friend" to get them out of it....  All bought in by the same constant people...I feel sorry for Adams, out of his depth, but a good man and a good coach who I would hope would go back to the youth side if things didn’t work out.. but I don''t trust the board to get it right.. not now and not ever... Delia and MWJ are getting older... Fry isn''t a businessman and Phillips was only bought onto the board, in my opinion, to keep the local press "club Friendly" and report nothing negative.The time has come... don''t sell us out to a dodgy investor who''s intentions aren''t clear but do sell us to someone who understands football, maybe someone who''s a little bit of an Ar*ehole... waving scarves and cuddling the fans isn''t what we want Delia... Thank you for the good times, but go and enjoy a retirement...It''s time to let it go...[/quote]Agree with most of that, except that if Smith and Wynn-Jones have no dependents then why not leave the club to the fans? I''m sure some kind of arrangements could be made somehow regarding the setup. We should never be in a situation where fans cannot effect the running of their club, as is the case now and previously under Chase.Everything went wrong when Walker was sacked and Rioch appointed. We went through so many changes in the backroom staff that the football culture we had was lost and the board was unable to recreate what existed under Stringer and Walker no matter which manager followed.A stable and relatively successful period under Worthy didn''t bear fruit longer term (even with one year''s premiership money and parachute payments) and within a few years we went down to League One and almost into administration. Three successful years under Lambert similarly fizzled out, so something somewhere wasn''t working to the extent that we never built upon our successes.

OUT

1) the unnecessary gamble isn''t paying off

2) he will be fired eventually for not realising the squad''s potential so lets put him out of his misery

3) haven''t we learned from Hughton? Delaying the inevitable is fatal.

4) haven''t we learned from Gunn and Grant. There''s a footballing world beyond Norfolk.

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[quote user="lake district canary"][quote user="Ron Manager"]Three pages, well 2.5 if you discount drazen taking half a page, and not one in! Says it all really! Even LDC (no offence)![/quote]No offence taken.  Even with Hughton you could see a method at work, even if it didn''t work often enough.  I supported what he tried to do more than anything.    This season has seen us just look open and  devoid of any discipline when we haven''t got the ball - and even when with a lot of possession, not scoring enough and letting in soft goals is a recipe for disaster.[/quote]Really? And yet, 90 minutes of playing time ago this was your opinion

"So I would say hold your nerve, stick with what we''ve got - we have a good structure in place - evolving might take a while, but stability is something that is important and from it can come improvement.   The Newcastle owner Ashley has stood his ground against the fans wanting Pardue out and it looks as if he may turn it round.    Pressure comes from fans and the media.  Boards have to be strong - very strong and decisive.   Decisive sometimes means sticking rather than twisting....." Your nerve seems to be more fragile than I thought, Lakey.

[/quote]

Maybe, but I have turned ( [:S] ).  Before the match I thought we would be able to see off Forest, or at least show some improvement - but its not happening. Match after match of the same kind of thing happening is making it hard to justify him staying.  If Tuesday was abject, today was folly.  No help for a flagging midfield, whilst Forest had three fresh players out there so late goals not a surprise. Predictable and lame result, on top of Middlesbrough, the last twenty minutes against Bolton which the midfield disappeared and the previous few matches.  It patently isn''t working.  So yes, today was the last straw for me. 

I like the idea of stability and would go a long way to keep that going, because there are no guarantees that the next manager would be any better, but I''m afraid to say I can''t see this manager turning it round.

Out.I really hoped he''d be the next Mike Walker, Dave Stringer, etc, and after the first few games it looked like we might have found one but after 17 games it''s now all downhill.If we''re serious about going for promotion this season we need a change now

out......and the reasons why we must act now as oppose to hang around as we did like last season are clear.

last season 17th or above would have been acceptable.....this season the margin for error is far more narrow if we want to finish in the top 2.....we simply can''t wait until April this time before acting.