daz

Howson speaks out 😡

Posted (edited)

Could try and act professional rather than giggling like a schoolgirl. Very childish reaction from someone who claims to be a seasoned pro and captain of the club.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Weird how much better Nunez' volley looks compared to his this morning.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I woke up this morning still angry about last night. I'm still angry now after listening to that! 

• Like 3

Is it me being biased or is there an implicit admittance there that he got him sent off?

Admitting there was minimal contact and then saying:

”some of them have told me they would have done the same…..”

• Like 3

Next time he comes to CR if I see anyone applauding the **** then I'm going to lump them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have always held Howson in high regard amongst footballers but now I see he is not as genuine as I thought he was.

Still a stupid challenge - if Sainz didn’t do his bit, there’d be no reaction for him to make and we’d be sat here talking about a win.   It’s all down to Sainz for me, I’m afraid. Howson is pretty much just confirming he’s a professional footballer. 

• Like 5

Howson never was the true club man. Webbers comments when we sold him. "We spoke with Jonny about a new contract but he was insistent. At the training camp this week he didn’t train properly and didn’t act in the manner that a professional should so it was decided he should train alone.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Stupid reaction by Sainz, but players vary in how they respond to that sort of thing and Howson has just gone down in my respect for his poor reaction.

Thank god it wasn't on Bruno, they'd have had to call and Air Ambulance and Sainz would in front of the judge on an assault charge 😬

The only reason I can see for the red card not being rescinded is Sainz had already been warned following his reaction to the Ayling tackle, much will depend on what is in the referee's report.

He keeps saying he ‘kicked out’ - even his local radio station interviewer doesn’t believe him! You could see what his and Ayling’s game plan was from kick off.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jim Smith said:

Is it me being biased or is there an implicit admittance there that he got him sent off?

Admitting there was minimal contact and then saying:

”some of them have told me they would have done the same…..”

Sadly that's the name of the game these days.

I think we've had another thread on cheating, etc. Playacting to get an advantage for your team, a win at all costs mentality. Just look at all the players that fall over for a penalty if you feel contact. 

If roles were reversed, would be applauding him for getting an opponent sent off to get us a win from a losing position or calling him a cheat?

I half suspect some teams have a game plan to target 'volatile' players. 

49 minutes ago, wr4sb said:

I think we've had another thread on cheating, etc. Playacting to get an advantage for your team, a win at all costs mentality. Just look at all the players that fall over for a penalty if you feel contact. 

If roles were reversed, would be applauding him for getting an opponent sent off to get us a win from a losing position or calling him a cheat?

It's fair to say the roles were reversed quite a few years back when BJ squared up to Joey Barton and then fell over rather theatrically.  My feeling at the time was it was fair enough given it was Barton, but I was a bit uncomfortable about it. I think there's a difference between intentionally getting a fellow pro sent off and winning a penalty by diving, I'm not keen on the latter but it's not as bad IMO.

I would feel extremely uncomfortable if we'd won in such a dodgy way.  Stuff happens, I'm not saying we're whiter than white, but we're definitely better than some.

• Like 1

Looking forward to giving him what he deserves next time he turns up at Carrow Road. Zero class against a team he use to talk fondly of.

100% pr*ck

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wr4sb said:

Ya reckon? :classic_wink:

Sh*thousery is part and parcel of the game. Everyone does it. We loved Grant Holt for it, because he was one of us. Football is all about marginal gains and dark arts, whether you like them or not. I genuinely bear Howson no ill will for this.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's fair to say the roles were reversed quite a few years back when BJ squared up to Joey Barton and then fell over rather theatrically.  My feeling at the time was it was fair enough given it was Barton, but I was a bit uncomfortable about it. I think there's a difference between intentionally getting a fellow pro sent off and winning a penalty by diving, I'm not keen on the latter but it's not as bad IMO.

I would feel extremely uncomfortable if we'd won in such a dodgy way.  Stuff happens, I'm not saying we're whiter than white, but we're definitely better than some.

Your memory is playing tricks on you. Johnson never fell over. (even though that idiot Warnock claimed that he did). Johnson took a step back and sort of held out his arms as if to say "look what he just did". A bit similar to Howson looking at his thigh after last night's incident. 

Posted (edited)

Should have been the other way around, lying little f**k 

image.png.4ecaa65a93f13529901286d9bead064f.png

Edited by crab man
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

It's the rules. He's a professional player playing for the opposing team. He'd be letting his team down if he didn't make sure the ref was aware. Sure, it's gamesmanship, but gamesmanship is part of football and has been for as long as i can remember.

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

Edited by littleyellowbirdie

As I have said in a previous comment. Oh for Football to re-introduce the good old tackle. And the Footballers who could give and take the cruncher. It is why I struggle to watch football anymore

Having said that. From the photo above. In this Softball game that is played now. Howson should have been sent off. That looks Red and nowt else.

Borja - You should be compensating all those who travelled to the game last night. Toughen yourself up

3 minutes ago, littleyellowbirdie said:

I'm afraid the failure was Sainz kicking out pointlessly and giving the opportunity to send him off.

LYB I'll say this yet again. He did not kick out pointlessly. He was reacting to the pain of Howson's dangerous tackle resulting in studs into the back of his knee. As he felt the pain in his leg he straightened the leg to let the blood flow and reduce the pain. Have you ever been in a similar position where straightening a limb after receiving a blow to it - its a natural reaction. Sainz was already totally disorientated, having been knocked upside down. The pain was an additional element of this. He was facing the away from Howson as well.

But no, LYB knows best - its one of our current players to blame after all.

Howson and Madley are laughing at your reaction to this right now.   

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

As far as I am concerned Howson a **** house .. sorry but that’s conning the ref end off .. if Sainz had done him wouldn’t have a problem with red but he just got fellow pro sent off for next to nothing . I wouldn’t be shaking his hand after game .. also these Norwich players he claimed saying they would have done same ?? Then why haven’t they ! ? Pretty sure we have had several opportunities this season but didn’t …sorry he still a **** house ..

Edited by Wirecanary

Sainz has a suspect temperament expect wind ups and fouls aplenty to come his way.  Howson just playing the game, something Ashley B is a prime suspect for the same. Get over the righteous indignation and grow up, face football facts.

• Like 2

If Sainz is available for the Ipswich game then you can expect another red card incoming. They'll be winding him up big time as will their fans.

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

Still a stupid challenge - if Sainz didn’t do his bit, there’d be no reaction for him to make and we’d be sat here talking about a win.   It’s all down to Sainz for me, I’m afraid. Howson is pretty much just confirming he’s a professional footballer. 

Howson played him like a fiddle ,

Sainz could of avoided Howson ,

Barnes does exactly the same every game tries to get in others players heads etc 

i am sure Middlesboro Knew before KO saniz is easy to wind up