Midlands Yellow

Southampton Predictions

Assuming Wagner doesnt 'actually' draw names out of a hat when picking his team, if think it will be similar to Leicester (home), we'll attempt to combat their passing game by putting an extra midfielder in by playing all 3 of Sara Nunez McLean...probably put up a reasonable show but ultimately get picked off ..0-2

I predict that Norwich have now turned the corner and will play fast moving, exciting football with energy and incisiveness. Fantastic team selection and wonderful match tactics will have the Carrow Road fans in an ecstasy of loud enthusiasm . All the years will drop away from the over 30 year old squad members and they will play like teenagers again! It’s gonna be brilliant! Brilliant!! 

Southampton score early flood gates will open ,

for me Mclean has to be moved back to CB that how bad our CB's are 

we had fairly good form with Mclean there .

Rowe has to start Barnes dropped for anyone 

6-1 Southampton, let's make it toxic and finally, long over due bye bye wags 👋 

1 hour ago, daz said:

6-1 Southampton, let's make it toxic and finally, long over due bye bye wags 👋 

Amazing that this sort of attitude exists by Norwich fans towards their own club. 

I hope we win, but my prediction is we lose narrowly.  

• Like 2

We will go behind badly and be 4 nil down. A late rally and score 2, let in one more and Sargent pulls his hamstring, out for 6 weeks! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I am miles and miles away from wishing us to lose, either to hasten Wagner's departure or thwart the Binners.

Only once I vaguely recall have I wished for that, under Rhoeder I think.

Wagner is on his bike in any case, but the timing has to be right. It is too late now to effect a change in time for the window (which probably would have taken place had it not been for the recent upturn in results), so Knapper now has the luxury of time. I am not sure that Wagner really deserves a shot at the play-offs, but that's our lot, it seems.

As for the Binners, they are perfectly capable of imploding without our help. Their change in fortunes may already be underway with a little run of bad results and with them now taking their turn at having a spate of injuries. Their strength in depth seems to be limited and will expose them to more points dropping as the long hard season takes its toll. Confidence seems on the wane. Mr. 'personality free zone' McKenna's utterances seem more and more desperate and he seems ignorant of the fact that the current crowded programme applies to all teams, whilst TWTD makes every excuse under the sun ranging from bad luck, bad refereeing, dirty Norwich and even an over-watered pitch for their recent slight demise.

They are little Ipswich Town Football Club, after all. 

Fink tank:

City win 25% (home game?)

Draw 27% (we can at least score usually)

Saints win 48% (on a run, but it's football)

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Floodlights will be on so those in the South Stand should take their sunglasses. 

I stopping going to live snooker for that exact reason. Sunglasses and a baseball cap needed for an indoor sport.

We go 1-0 up in first 15 minutes then stop playing and lose 1-4. Stadium starts to empty around 80 minutes as fans have seen enough. No protests, few boos at the end showing apathy has truly set in. Silence remains from the board - rinse and repeat.

So hard to predict, no doubt the starting XI will be changed once again but with Sainz available and Sargent likely to be given more minutes at least there are attacking options on the bench. A draw would be a decent result but with Saints loving possession conceding early could make for a long afternoon.

1 -1.  

7 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Amazing that this sort of attitude exists by Norwich fans towards their own club. 

I hope we win, but my prediction is we lose narrowly.  

A lot of so called supporters are here to have a whinge, moan and post abuse to players and staff. Dread to think how vacuous their lives must be. 

No supporter can want their team to lose. 

12 hours ago, mrdi said:

Norwich 2-1 Southampton

I stand by this. A narrow win against ‘high-flying’ Southampton will give the false impression of another corner turned; an opinion misguidedly reinforced by a comfortable-if-dull win in the cup.

We then lose the next three league games. Discontent returns.

Wins against Coventry & QPR give the false impression of another corner turned.

The pattern continues until the run-in when we lose 5 of the last 7, albeit denying the Binners a win again in another draw. 

The Wagner Cycle. 

Heart says City win, head says Southampton walk away with it. Struggling to see it any other way unfortunately.

However, we have our main striker back and Sainz, anything could happen.  

We'll start like a runaway express train for the first 6 minutes and score a fluke goal that goes in to the Saint's net after hitting a yellow balloon that was tumble-weeding across the turf ....

Then as the per-usual Matt Le-Tissier scores a hat-trick....two strikes from dead ball free-kick situations and one that goes in after hitting his portly rump....

Now back in the real world....I predict 3-1 to the Russ Machine....hope I'm wrong?....