cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Lions V Canaries*

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's ok up top. He throws good balls.

But he's just not a defender is he?

Even going forward he is a significant downgrade on Dimi.

We don't need to be shocking.

We just need to play our best lineup. Wagner is too clueless to know what that is.

He needs sacking. Abject failure at Schalke, failure at Old Boys, only got the job here because he was mates with a Sporting Director who had either checked out or lost the plot.

• Like 1

I'd take Batth, Fassnacht and Barnes off and bring on Nunez, Rowe and Idah on and just push McClean back into defence. We're missing Kenny's drive from CB and I feel that he doesn't have the same impact in midfield, Barnes has done nothing apart from miss 1 sitter and 1 awful header in which he had plenty of time, Fassnacht has done sweet **** all.

4 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

How old in Batth? How old is Barnes? How old is McClean? How old is Fassnacht? How old is Hernandez? How old is Hwang? How old is Gibson?

It is beyond obvious that with 7 players over the age of 30 that there is not going to be the hunger , challenge or effort to compete, even against bottom of the league opponents.

Somebody at Norwich City is responsible for this shambles. 

Threaten to take away their Werther's Original if they don't play better

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Jeepers, two fukcing 'wall players open. Great save from Gunn, but who the **** was marking there?

marking ?

what a quaint old fashioned idea - get with the new way of playing, Daddio

give the opposition plenty of space, and they are bound to return the ball to us (goes the thinking)

even Daryl Russel commentated how open we are...... as with so may other co-commentators

7 minutes ago, Top corner said:

"Gone from looking good"....Even when we were on our 8 game unbeaten run we didn't look good, it just papered over the cracks. The football we are playing is boring/awful, when was the last time you went to watch Norwich play & you came away thinking....wow I really enjoyed that.

You must be watching a different game to me, we started the game well and looked good, if you found that period of play boring maybe you should do something else with your time cos you will never be satisfied. As I said, after their goal we looked poor, but not before that.

Just now, canarydan23 said:

We don't need to be shocking.

We just need to play our best lineup. Wagner is too clueless to know what that is.

He needs sacking. Abject failure at Schalke, failure at Old Boys, only got the job here because he was mates with a Sporting Director who had either checked out or lost the plot.

Always does feel like he just does not know his best players. Thows random lineouts out, plays players out of position..

Fact is he's a midtable manager and right now we are a midtable team.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

Yeah I'd take that too. McCallum is woeful.

As poor as McCallum has been Stacey has been as bad if not worse! Just not great to keep pushing wingbacks up when we can’t keep it, Millwall have more pace than Batth or Gibson! Get Gibson off and McClean back with Nunez on, Hernandez & Fassnacht missing and Hwang & Barnes aren’t good enough, people complain about Idah kissing chances these two are not the answer!

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

“Yeeeer Guv! Ayull av’ an Eel pyyi wiv extraah eeawl juus cheerz guvnahhh! Daaan the auld Kent rooawd an’ awll that eh?”

- actual Milwall fans right now in the concourse, December 2023

Save of the season that. Got us out of jail after an awful half where the same old problems laid bare again. Yet again. I hope the introduction of sarge can turn this around but it’s a bit much to ask. Some of our players are so average league one. 

13 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

McLean back in midfield is a ludicrous decision.If Wagner prefers Hanley/Gibson/Baath/Duffy then McLean should not play. Its that simple. He is such an unbelievably weak number 6.

There'll be people along shortly to tell us that none of that is his fault/responsibility...

• Like 1

Considering how we playing at the moment- playing Southampton Monday we should lose by 6 goals or more

We are just so awful to watch and so easy to defend against.

Both Barnes and Fassnacht have been anonymous and should be subbed at half time. We’re not playing badly but it’s totally uninspiring ie mirroring Wagner himself. Surely he needs to go so we can make changes in January?

• Like 1

Just now, baldy09 said:

Considering how we playing at the moment- playing Southampton Monday we should lose by 6 goals or more

Indeed...bug ger the 'resting' and rotation

This is the game we should be targeting 3 points by playing our best team as chances are we'll get beaten on Monday whatever team we field

With the FA Cup game the following week they can rest who they like then

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rock bus said:

Both Barnes and Fassnacht have been anonymous and should be subbed at half time. We’re not playing badly but it’s totally uninspiring ie mirroring Wagner himself. Surely he needs to go so we can make changes in January?

Wagner is here until the end of the season and we all know it.

There's no quick fix for this. We have bought a load of old farts who were once just about half decent but are now utter crap and we're stuck with them because nobody is going to take them off our hands. Barnes, Stacey, Batth, Fassnacht have all been truly awful.

This is a must win game after a defeat at West Brom and just before a stiff game against Southampton. A potential 3 defeats on the trot. Does anyone believe in the direction of Wagner and his side of geriatric players?

Edited by kenfoggo

6 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

There'll be people along shortly to tell us that none of that is his fault/responsibility...

Yep. He has an incredibly luxurious position that when we're playing well it's due to him and when we're doing badly he's totally blameless.

1 hour ago, Mike w said:

Why move McLean up leave Nunez on bench and bring Gibson in, what is Wagner doing ? Idah on bench good idea

His selection for this game is simply unbelievable!

why leave Rowe on the bench and have those two ineffective wingers playing simply beats me.

Manager must have a death wish.

14 minutes ago, Nik Vawn said:

You must be watching a different game to me, we started the game well and looked good, if you found that period of play boring maybe you should do something else with your time cos you will never be satisfied. As I said, after their goal we looked poor, but not before that.

So with your way of thinking, because we played well for about 18 minutes, we should just ignore the fact that we’ve been awful since the 18th minute….Wagners record since he’s been in charge is as follows, before tonight P49 W19 L21 D9….But let’s ignore facts shall we, because for the first 18 minutes tonight we weren’t bad….Deary me 

Edited by Top corner

17 minutes ago, kenfoggo said:

How old in Batth? How old is Barnes? How old is McClean? How old is Fassnacht? How old is Hernandez? How old is Hwang? How old is Gibson?

It is beyond obvious that with 7 players over the age of 30 that there is not going to be the hunger , challenge or effort to compete, even against bottom of the league opponents.

Somebody at Norwich City is responsible for this shambles. 

The clown responsible left last month.

Oh brilliant Head Coaching ! No half time substitutes and so endorsing Wagner’s opinion that the first half performance was satisfactory.  We are so dead in the water with this Head Coach and squad of geriatric, slow, passive , useless journeymen.

6 minutes ago, rock bus said:

So how the hell does he start week after week! What are these so called 'leadership' qualities we are continuously told we signed him for?? Fact is the guy's legs have gone yet we were the only suckers prepared to offer him two years!

With the team we have we should be doing miles better than this. Which makes me think the coaching is pants, and Wagner doesn't even know his best line up. It looks like we are down for a thumping on Monday - I'd love to be wrong - in which case the crowd will give them well deserved pelters