cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Lions V Canaries*

2 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

McLean back in midfield is a ludicrous decision.If Wagner prefers Hanley/Gibson/Baath/Duffy then McLean should not play. Its that simple. He is such an unbelievably weak number 6.

Didn't realise you weren't a fan of Kenny

• Haha 1

Another top performance from city against a top Millwall side who flying at the bottom of the champ table- hope the board is proud of the commitment and the fans are clapping so hard there hands are red and raw

1 minute ago, nu_matik said:

Didn't realise you weren't a fan of Kenny

Actually I think he's done pretty well at centre half recently and would have kept him in, just nowhere near number 6.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Big O said:

I just genuinely don’t see what we think we are getting by persevering with it. He’s been here for 50 games, and can anyone point out how we have moved forward? 

I’m sure someone will try and attempt it re the latter. But I just see regression. He’s very lucky to have saved his job with recent results. Albeit I’m assuming they would have sacked him had he lost them all. But wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t the case. 

The biggest red flag for me. Nobody on the pitch is demanding improvements. When Gunn saved us, they all turned their backs. Nobody is shouting. Nobody is rallying for us.

Who actually coaches our defence? No wonder we’ve conceded so many goals. Great save by Gunn but where the hell were the defenders!

How old in Batth? How old is Barnes? How old is McClean? How old is Fassnacht? How old is Hernandez? How old is Hwang? How old is Gibson?

It is beyond obvious that with 7 players over the age of 30 that there is not going to be the hunger , challenge or effort to compete, even against bottom of the league opponents.

Somebody at Norwich City is responsible for this shambles. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

He’s playing?

Yeah, this Stacey that everyone is criticising us doing all his running for him. Seriously, Wagner needs sacking for pretending this guy is a winger 

4 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

McLean back in midfield is a ludicrous decision.If Wagner prefers Hanley/Gibson/Baath/Duffy then McLean should not play. Its that simple. He is such an unbelievably weak number 6.

Or play McLean at left back and bench McCallum. Kenny looks decent when he has played left back whereas McCallum is defensively weak. 

Just now, kenfoggo said:

How old in Batth? How old is Barnes? How old is McClean? How old is Fassnacht? How old is Hernandez? How old is Hwang? How old is Gibson?

It is beyond obvious that with 7 players over the age of 30 that there is not going to be the hunger , challenge or effort to compete, even against bottom of the league opponents.

Somebody at Norwich City is responsible for this shambles. 

Webber is the answer, Stuart Webber.

And, by extension Delia and Michael.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, River End Rocker said:

Or play McLean at left back and bench McCallum. Kenny looks decent when he has played left back whereas McCallum is defensively weak. 

Yeah I'd take that too. McCallum is woeful.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Millwall are 20th.

A top side =flying at the bottom half of the champs

..defeat here really is unacceptable.

Other than Sainz and Giannoulis , Wagner now has a fully available squad and no excuses.

All team selections and substitutions here tonight are on him

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He's ok up top. He throws good balls.

But he's just not a defender is he?

Probably would be better on the left wing than Hernandez