Wings of a Sparrow

****Official Lappinitup match thread - Ipswich v Norwich****

Just now, unique said:

Fine. But how is it working?

Idah and Barnes must be one of the bluntest attack pairings in the division.

So what is the plan from the off? Wing it and ride our luck? It has to run out soon…

Don’t ask me - after that crap run I’d have settled for being on the fringe of the playoffs going into Christmas.  There’s clearly several query areas but we do still have several key players out and others not fully fit. 

3 minutes ago, robertociNCFC said:

Haha even when they are having their best season in years they still can't beat us.

And us having one of our worst!

• Like 1

McCullum second half was far better, good for him! We could have nicked that game, I would have taken Barnes off and put Fassnacht on up top for the last ten! 
Not sure what Barnes has shown but been pretty rubbish since coming back from his injury, actually he’s looked pretty ordinary since Sargent got injured!

• Like 2

Sheeran can now go home, have a little cry about it and then translate it into one of his non songs.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

1 minute ago, sonyc said:

Sheeran can now go home, have a little cry about it and then translate it into one of his non songs.

His bedsheets still stink.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Best part was the commenters saying that he said he "fell out of love with the club before re finding his love for them recently"

So he's a plastic fan who only supports them when they win? Good to know

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Good defensive performance as scum had little chances 2nd half 

Unbeaten in the derbies.

And fcuk off Sheeran to talentless ginger busker!

He's a Bradford boy. Just sucking up to the locals. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Had Dimi started we would have won

There I said it

Had Barnes not started we would have won

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_81 said:

Stuart Webber’s legacy, and Delia’s misplaced loyalty in him for too long, clear for anyone with a brain to see. 
With a mix of David Wagner still being in our dugout too. 

what a state of affairs. This is going to be a painful second half at this rate. 

For you, as it turned out. And your big day as well.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, repman said:

Will take the point but still feel that with a different coach we could be so much better than we currently are.

I disagree. I think Wagner is finally getting the best out of a very poor squad of footballers - Webber's legacy. Unfortunately, the best still isn't good enough to be the best.

18 minutes ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

With Giann, Hanley and Sargent fit we win that. They're so shaky defensively.

Josh for Idah would have done it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, RobJames said:

For you, as it turned out. And your big day as well.

If you think the evidence of the first half equated to us not losing at 90 then you’re blind. Thank goodness we improved and they looked worse second half. 

Hindsight is the only thing you’re going on. We were poor much of the first half and very lucky not to be a few behind. The effort was there for sure, but the quality wasn’t for us. 

Like I’ve said, it was a good point given all the factors involved 

14 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Not losing?  That’s a decent start - barely anyone thought we’d come away with anything a few weeks ago.  Clearly something is working.

I didn’t think we’d come away with anything a few minutes before the end when our 3 subs came on

Barnes was fooooked. 

Argo kept having a touch of a...... 

We decided to not win once rowe went off, all ip sh it... 

Shame we didn't nick it at the end haha.. 

God they looked good tho, mckenna needs to go to man ASAP lol

13 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Best part was the commenters saying that he said he "fell out of love with the club before re finding his love for them recently"

So he's a plastic fan who only supports them when they win? Good to know

He's well known to be a Chelsea fan

22 minutes ago, Canario said:

Us? Strange things have happened

I thought it, but didn't dare to share it with the room...

6 minutes ago, daz said:

Barnes was fooooked. 

Argo kept having a touch of a...... 

We decided to not win once rowe went off, all ip sh it... 

Shame we didn't nick it at the end haha.. 

God they looked good tho, mckenna needs to go to man ASAP lol

If we can get Sargent and Hwang back we can properly mix and match and manage rhe minutes.

Barnes and Idah were f@cked at the end but when we have 2 other strikers on the bench we can keep an attacking threat on the pitch after 70 mins

16 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

I disagree. I think Wagner is finally getting the best out of a very poor squad of footballers - Webber's legacy. Unfortunately, the best still isn't good enough to be the best.

Or Knapper's improved reading of the data analysis is improving Wagner's choices?

12 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Josh for Idah would have done it.

Sarge's is everything that Idah is, with a footballing brain.

Great battling performance in the old tradition. I made the mistake of thinking it would be a good idea to punch the pubs wooden beam , Rowe,  here in Hackney, so I’ve got bleeding knuckles. Thankfully we’re an inclusive lot here. Friend of Adam Tanner just bought me a pint! 

• Haha 1

I don’t always agree with Chris Sutton, but everything he just said was bang on. 

A huge relief to not be beaten and retain the record against that lot, but had that game been against anyone else we’d all be bemoaning the way it played out. 

Edited by mrdi
  • Like 2

Just now, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sutton the voice of reason.. getting more credit from Matty Holland!! 😅

Loved Sutton’s “still is” comment to Holland!

• Haha 1

I think, overall, our players are far better than theirs'

Johnny epitomises our team. Utter pants a lot of the time, then does something sensational (twice). I must say it's a long, long time since I've seen a Norwich player with such an astonishing ability to come alive in the box & score seemingly impossible goals.

Do not on any account allow Barnes anywhere near our penalty area. A complete liability.

4 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Or Knapper's improved reading of the data analysis is improving Wagner's choices?

While I think there's certainly been a nudge since the AGM from Knapper to Wagner that he has to at least give decent minutes to younger players, I don't think he's having much impact beyond that. Crucially I also don't think there's been any meaningful changes in how we play.

However, it should be pointed out that since Wagner has been here the coaching/analyst team has changed massively, and it's all moved into a position that protects Wagner more imo. The 2 club appointed coaches who he inherited have both moved on (GK and set piece) and been taken over by people who are friendly to Wagner. Additionally, the first team analyst who did work both during matches and training has moved into a recruiting role. That role is now done by Buhler, who has been Wagner's right hand man for a while. 

So even if Knapper wanted the analysis team to have a greater impact, as it stands there's no one in place to do those roles.

• Thanks 1