Wings of a Sparrow

****Official Lappinitup match thread - Ipswich v Norwich****

22 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Sarge's iseverything that Idah is, with a footballing brain.

And confidence and belief in himself.

End of the day we didn't lose. Had a cdm playing cb, an absolutely awful lb, had demolition Duffy cb too who loves to score an og and still come away with a point. Pretty even game and fair result. Ipswich are in the form of their lives and still can't beat us

Ohhhhhh noooooo how awful

Guys, we got away with it.

95% of me is chuffed to bits as the record continues but put that aside we are still a mid table team who given the last few years shouldnt be due to ****e management.

I shouldnt really be saying that today as Im on a high with the result but Im also not stupid .

OTBC.

22 minutes ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

Ive seen enough games in my life that we outplayed the opposition and didnt win.

all this cobblers about being lucky is , just cobblers.

Made our own luck today.

They didn't do anywhere near enough to win it second half. I didn't even bother to get behind the sofa.

Should have led at halftime but missed their chances. Been there, done that, such is life.

Edited by ricardo
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

And confidence and belief in himself.

Idah is an off the bench player at best, looks totally lost with little belief in himself when he starts.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

I didn't even bother to get behind the sofa.

Haha, that amused me Ricardo. And yes, after Gunn made that diving save, I felt we would bring it home.

• Like 1

Not lucky just poor from Ipswich.

A fine finish for their equaliser but what the hell was Barnes doing?

5 good games at the start of the season, but bloody hell he was pretty awful today, again.

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

5 good games at the start of the season, but bloody hell he was pretty awful today, again.

Makes you miss Stiepermann

3 hours ago, Ward 3 said:

End of the day we didn't lose. Had a cdm playing cb, an absolutely awful lb, had demolition Duffy cb too who loves to score an og and still come away with a point. Pretty even game and fair result. Ipswich are in the form of their lives and still can't beat us

Ohhhhhh noooooo how awful

The McCallum thread highlights how well he played second half though??

8 hours ago, yellowrider120 said:

The McCallum thread highlights how well he played second half though??

I mean in general.. he's awful.

17 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Indeed. Fans moaned at the chances he missed v Owls but for once he actually looked like a striker by getting in the positions in the box. Could have had a hat trick. However, that has been a rarity from his this season. Toooften he drops very deep and seems peripheral to the game. Famed for his much vaunted 'leadership' qualities, he doesn't 'put himself about' anything like what I thought he would. No doubt the old Sargent / Barnes partnership will soon restart with Hwang and Idah kicking their heels on the bench. For me Barnes needs to step up or his place should be seriously under threat. Currently he seems to be keeping his place on past reputation only.

We werent lucky overall, perhaps a bit for ten minutes first half but overall we earnt the draw.

I still find it painful, however, seeing this bunch of players playing in such a limited, constrained style due to the limitations in the way Wagner sets us up. I can only hope Sargent coming back liberates us a bit but until he realises the issue with the midfield I fear nothing will change.

19 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Apparently on TWTD hes on 瞿25k p/w - surely not??