dylanisabaddog

Excuses for not going tonight

39 minutes ago, crispeduk said:

Btw did anyone out of county see or hear of an apology or even an acknowledgement from anyone of there being any sort of a problem on Saturday?  Maybe someone did say sorry, but it must have been said very quietly. I'm a happy clapper but even I'm well pi**ed off with that mess.

For clarity the mess I was referring to was the lousy audiofeed service.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Norwich Beer Festival starts today. Off soon for cafe fry up, beer then football then one for the road - can't wait.

If we lose we lose. All part of being a City fan and all part of moving forward, which we will do again, just not yet.

You're late to the party, my friend... the Beer Festival started yesterday, and Mrs Wolf has the headache to prove it... 🙂

• Haha 1

As far as I’m concerned we’re already 3-0 down so even if we are two up at half time again we’ll still be losing in my eyes. And Masterchef is on at 8. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, crispeduk said:

For clarity the mess I was referring to was the lousy audiofeed service.

Nothing to do with David Wagner then and must reasonably be within our ED's remit for which the list is endless with the lack of performance of the paid for on- line service having cropped up time and time again having seemingly replaced the erratic performance or otherwise of hot water in the South Stand WC's as the predominant issue.

2 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Something to look forward to! 

There is a set of allotments in my village where the holders have summer bbqs with homemade wine and give the word weeding a whole new meaning. My name is on the waiting list 😊

Ah the allotment is another thing altogether… Garden club not related in this case. Still the AGM is ample excuse to avoid joining in the coverage on the Pinkun app with Connor. Had a season ticket last season but gave it up. And no I don’t have the lottery numbers!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Duncan Edwards said:

As far as I’m concerned we’re already 3-0 down so even if we are two up at half time again we’ll still be losing in my eyes. And Masterchef is on at 8. 

And even if we're losing in your 3-2 situation that's prior to some terrible substitutions that should result in a 4-6 goal swing.

8 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Being here in the desert is more appealing! 

Not to be a pedant, but I think the Hemsby locals call it 'the beach'.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Not to be a pedant, but I think the Hemsby locals call it 'the beach'.

Hemsby locals have a new name for it   " knee deep in sea "

I think the time for making excuses has gone…

It is wet outside, and I can’t be bothered. Will watch at home in the warm.

(unfortunately the Delia, Webber, Wagner situation is woeful, I doubt many fans are ‘up for the match’ these days…?!) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, yellow_belly said:

I think the time for making excuses has gone…

It is wet outside, and I can’t be bothered. Will watch at home in the warm.

(unfortunately the Delia, Webber, Wagner situation is woeful, I doubt many fans are ‘up for the match’ these days…?!) 

Webber, Smith and Jones are main contributors to the negative feeling for Norwich fans. Who really wants any of them in that directors box right now? 

It's because fans are prepared to put up with standard of football played and are prepared to go whatever.  The powers that be are happy with the dross being served up.  A significantly empty Carrow Rd would send a message they could not ignore.  The saps will turn up and nothing will change in the near future.  An alarming drop towards the relegation places will see some consternation, but will take time, get rid now.

2 hours ago, essex canary said:

Nothing to do with David Wagner then and must reasonably be within our ED's remit for which the list is endless with the lack of performance of the paid for on- line service having cropped up time and time again having seemingly replaced the erratic performance or otherwise of hot water in the South Stand WC's as the predominant issue.

At last you’ve nailed it. There was I, along with many others I suspect, thinking all you did was moan about everything all the time. Now we know the solution is simple. The root of any discontent is the erratic performance of the hot water in the south stand!!! This is what we pay our chief executive to sort out!

Recent performances and results tend to dent the enthusiasm even of those who watch from a screen and not a green or yellow seat.

I can remember one time, some time ago, perhaps during the Roeder time, perhaps even Worthy's or Gunny's when I was so desperate for change of management that I actually wanted my team to lose in order to speed the process up.

Shame! Shame! They cry, but it was a one off.

Whilst not being remotely that disloyal about the game on Saturday I can unashamedly state  that I was less bothered about that loss than any other this season. Perhaps it was the Farke factor slipping in (I view Leeds Utd. as just a.n.other club in the grand scheme of things) but more likely it was the sapping of any hint of enthusiasm brought about by the current pantomime, on and off the field.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Since getting up this morning i have spoken to 5 season ticket holders and asked them about whether they are going tonight or not and 3 said no and another didn't even realise we had a game.

I am fairly sure we will see swaths of empty seats tonight due to apathy, the weather and Sky red button.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

AND THEY’LL LIE ABOUT THE ATTENDANCE

BOOOOOOOOOOO

TICKETS SOLD DONT COUNT!!!!

Place is gonna be an absolute cauldron of cabbage....It's school half-term and the young future support will be in fine voice as they can stay up late....We'll beat Boro and all will be well....

I'll be in my usual seat having my retinas cauterised by the intense rays from the stadium lights....Harrumph!...

I’m going - the flooding seems to have gone down and trains to/from London are ok (tho coming through SW London today was dire)…I’m hoping my enforced absence on Saturday, and the extra cost and effort will be rewarded…

People are only joking aren't they?  I'm actually looking forward to going, mainly as i'm hoping Sainz will be on view.