dylanisabaddog

Excuses for not going tonight

I don't want to. I can't take anymore. 

It's on TV. 

I'm frightened that Wagner may bring me on for Jonny Rowe. 

It's a bit damp. 

It's Middlesbrough. 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Norwich Beer Festival starts today. Off soon for cafe fry up, beer then football then one for the road - can't wait.

If we lose we lose. All part of being a City fan and all part of moving forward, which we will do again, just not yet.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Norwich Beer Festival starts today. Off soon for cafe fry up, beer then football then one for the road - can't wait.

If we lose we lose. All part of being a City fan and all part of moving forward, which we will do again, just not yet.

Sounds like a perfect day

1 minute ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Bottisham Garden Club AGM. No brainer!

Lucky sod. Can I come? 

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Excuses for not going are myriad, however as a Supporter I will be turning up to see how my team gets on. Admittedly I travel more in hope than expectation of a good performance. The pressure is  on Webber to make good on his promise that “ the next win is just around the corner” , so it will be interesting to see what random selection of players and positions he chooses to achieve that win.

1 minute ago, kenfoggo said:

Excuses for not going are myriad, however as a Supporter I will be turning up to see how my team gets on. Admittedly I travel more in hope than expectation of a good performance. The pressure is  on Webber to make good on his promise that “ the next win is just around the corner” , so it will be interesting to see what random selection of players and positions he chooses to achieve that win.

With the turning circle and speed of our defenders, it could take a while to get round the corner.

45 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

I don't want to. I can't take anymore. 

It's on TV. 

I'm frightened that Wagner may bring me on for Jonny Rowe. 

It's a bit damp. 

It's Middlesbrough. 

Forget the TV - spoil yourself and try the club's audio feed, that way you won't even need to hear it. 🙄

• Haha 6

Btw did anyone out of county see or hear of an apology or even an acknowledgement from anyone of there being any sort of a problem on Saturday?  Maybe someone did say sorry, but it must have been said very quietly. I'm a happy clapper but even I'm well pi**ed off with that mess.

I'm travelling back from Suffolk (I know). Hopefully there's still a flood I can get caught up in 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I'm travelling back from Suffolk (I know). Hopefully there's still a flood I can get caught up in 

Black clouds over a house in Stowmarket i hear 

My central heating boiler is being replaced as I type. It is a complicated replacement so have to be on hand to answer questions / make decisions. Also its p'i'ssing down in South Yorkshire / East Midlands / North Nottinghamshire again, so the journey south will probably be a difficult one due to flooding again.

2 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps the happy clappers have seen the light? Or should that be the dark?

Any excuse .........

You are now joining an elite group I've blocked, so get the opportunism in quick. Bye

15 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Gotta defrost the Turkey for Christmas day.

It's nearly November so I'd better remind my ex wife to put the sprouts on..... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Perhaps the happy clappers have seen the light? Or should that be the dark?

I doubt it because unlike others I don't think Webber leaving yesterday suddenly improves us today, I don't think we have a poor squad for the level we are at but I don't think Wagner is doing his best to cope with the situations thrown at him. It doesn't mean I need Delia gone today or any of the other hyperbole that inevitably follows a defeat.

38 minutes ago, Serinus Canaria Domestica said:

Dylan: are you over 70? If not you will stick out like a sore thumb….

Something to look forward to! 

There is a set of allotments in my village where the holders have summer bbqs with homemade wine and give the word weeding a whole new meaning. My name is on the waiting list 😊

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's nearly November so I'd better remind my ex wife to put the sprouts on..... 

Don't you worry about them sprouts, we'll sort them out for you,  Here's your scarf, off you go.. Have a lovely time! :classic_smile:

(This is like phoning in work when younger, with your best 'I've got a sore throat and feel sick' voice).

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Don’t be Krul said:

Is that any kind of euphemism Dylan???

Sadly not. I don't miss the mashed Sprouts in the slightest. Or the lingering smell. 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Sadly not. I don't miss the mashed Sprouts in the slightest. Or the lingering smell. 

Now that's definitely a euphemism.

"Do you smoke after you've had your sprouts at Christmas?"

"Not if I get her to use the goose fat."

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I doubt it because unlike others I don't think Webber leaving yesterday suddenly improves us today, I don't think we have a poor squad for the level we are at but I don't think Wagner is doing his best to cope with the situations thrown at him. It doesn't mean I need Delia gone today or any of the other hyperbole that inevitably follows a defeat.

Taking the positions adopted by yourself and @crispeduk the puzzle is though why are you always expecting the apology to come from the third or fourth rank in the organisation namely the Head Coach? Have S&J and the Webbers always done their best with the situations thrown at them? What has happened to the concept of the buck stops at the top?