dylanisabaddog

Excuses for not going tonight

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

People are only joking aren't they?  I'm actually looking forward to going, mainly as i'm hoping Sainz will be on view.

Oh of course I'm going, I don't only support Norwich when things are going well. If I did, I'd have plenty enough time to support another team 😉

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Since getting up this morning i have spoken to 5 season ticket holders and asked them about whether they are going tonight or not and 3 said no and another didn't even realise we had a game.

I am fairly sure we will see swaths of empty seats tonight due to apathy, the weather and Sky red button.

I will be there despite those things plus the lack of trains and Cambridge United being at home. Despite it all our Club is what matters in the final analysis. Still thoroughly fed up with this bunch of overpaid non-performers both on and off the pitch.

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Since getting up this morning i have spoken to 5 season ticket holders and asked them about whether they are going tonight or not and 3 said no and another didn't even realise we had a game.

I am fairly sure we will see swaths of empty seats tonight due to apathy, the weather and Sky red button.

A season ticket holder who doesn't realise there's a game is a new one for me. But I'm not really surprised. It seems despite the whining about dearest cheapest season tickets paying up to £50 a month is of little consequence to some. Even in these times. And of course if we ever did go back up the seat would be worth a fortune when we play the top six. I don't wish for it but a few seasons in league one would sort this out. 

Could make the excuse the football is dreadful and it’s going to pour with rain but I’ll still get the bike out and cycle to CR even though 3 years off 90

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Google Bot said:

Not to be a pedant, but I think the Hemsby locals call it 'the beach'.

Ha ha, if only I was in Hemsby! I’m 3000 miles away in the Middle East

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

As far as I’m concerned we’re already 3-0 down so even if we are two up at half time again we’ll still be losing in my eyes. And Masterchef is on at 8. 

You're 'avin a laugh......Middlesbrough will have eight well before Masterchef starts.

Edited by ......and Smith must score.

These are the times when we need to be supporting the club and the lows help you appreciate the highs when they do come along. I’m as frustrated as the next person at the results this season but I haven’t quite got to the point of the disillusionment I felt under Roeder or Smith yet. I’m convinced that it would all be so much brighter if only Sarge and Barnes were fully fit and firing but football is always ifs and buts and we’ve just got to get on with it. 

Sadly, I can’t make it tonight as I’m still recovering from spinal surgery but I’m hoping to be able to return for the QPR game in November. 

OTBC! 

29 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I’m going - the flooding seems to have gone down and trains to/from London are ok (tho coming through SW London today was dire)…I’m hoping my enforced absence on Saturday, and the extra cost and effort will be rewarded…

Hope the effort is worth it and there isn't too much time added on. If there is Usain Bolt would struggle to get the 10'clock back.

Fans who only went when the team was winning used to be called 'fickle'. Is there a more modern name for this phenomenon?

9 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Fans who only went when the team was winning used to be called 'fickle'. Is there a more modern name for this phenomenon?

Bake Off fans?

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

' Sensible ' sounds as good as any ( wink )

I was expecting realists...

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Hope the effort is worth it and there isn't too much time added on. If there is Usain Bolt would struggle to get the 10'clock back.

Indeed - I have a 9:40 ‘curfew’ with my son (who sits in the snake pit) to leave, to make sure we get it.  It’s a late one for sure, but fortunately there are some extra late trains out from Waterloo this week, presumably due to it being half term (though I can’t make a huge amount of sense of that).

On 24/10/2023 at 16:28, nutty nigel said:

A season ticket holder who doesn't realise there's a game is a new one for me.

You know them as well.

On 24/10/2023 at 16:45, nutty nigel said:

I thought it was plastics. But is that just reserved for the elite clubs following. Most clubs have them. 

Mrs Peanuts and I drove straight to the ground from Stansted after a lovely few days in Europe, bookended by two miserable games. We needn't have bothered, but we have kids and busy lives and going to the football is time we spend together as a couple so we just keep turning up.

On 24/10/2023 at 10:06, NFN FC said:

With the turning circle and speed of our defenders, it could take a while to get round the corner.

Come on be fair , in a backwards race Duffy could beat anyone.  

On 24/10/2023 at 16:45, nutty nigel said:

Customers