cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Saints V Canaries*

19 minutes ago, RobJames said:

If that had been outside the pen box then I doubt the ref would have given a penalty

The classic "we woz robbed' is the line coming out of todays game.

No he wouldn’t as outside the box is not a penalty is it?

• Haha 1

Two good games, two awful refs. I suppose we have to get used to it. 

But 4 goals away to Southampton is not to be sniffed at. 

MOM Josh Sargent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, horsefly said:

When the keeper makes the save from Sara's free kick Barnes was in an offside position. However Sarg wasn't when he shot, and the keeper then makes a second save from which Barnes was NOT in an offside position. Surely that constitutes a separate stage of play.

I wondered that.

• Like 1

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

Two good games, two awful refs. I suppose we have to get used to it. 

But 4 goals away to Southampton is not to be sniffed at. 

MOM Josh Sargent 

I'm glad someone else thinks this. He was everywhere. 

1 minute ago, horsefly said:

When the keeper makes the save from Sara's free kick Barnes was in an offside position. However Sarg wasn't when he shot, and the keeper then makes a second save from which Barnes was NOT in an offside position. Surely that constitutes a separate stage of play.

That's what I thought. Had Barnes directly tapped in the rebound, then a clear offside. The fact it was cut back to him first makes me wonder if it was actually Sarg who was given offside.

I remember a goal against us in the Prem, maybe against Arsenal (?) in similar circumstances, albeit not a free kick, and the goal stood.

I think we were really unfortunate that all three marginal decisions went against us, and cost us effectively three goals.

39 minutes ago, baldy09 said:

SAD but now Ipswich are now on top of us on points

Let then enjoy their moment. Those 'mind the gap' **** can even take another picture. From what I've seen from these two games they're not a threat. They almost got beaten by 10 men last week. A heavy defeat and the momentum from last season will disappear. 

Edited by The Raptor

Just now, The Raptor said:

Let then enjoy their moment. Those 'mind the gap' **** can even take another picture. From what I've seen from these two games they're not a threat. Thwy almost got besten by 10 men last week. A heavy defeat and the momentum from last season will disappear. 

Wait until they come up against anyone who's going to trouble the top 6 this year... They'll come crashing down.. 

Obviously frustrating to not win and the penalty was very soft.

But we've looked 10 times better than I expected us to to start the season and I'm so much more optimistic than I was 8 days ago.

• Like 7

I know we'd all like better officials and perfectly correct decisions, but with VAR we would have come away with all 3 points.

The officials just aren't up to the job in this league. We say that every season.

First penalty, ok. Silly.

Saints handball in the box. Soft, but, just wait...

Offside goal, absurd. Never.

Second penalty, terrible call. Softest of flops.

Very hard done to. Very happy with our prospects moving forward, hope Southampton finish 19th.

At the end of the day a draw away to newly relegated Southampton who have kept hold of most of their top players is still a good result in paper

Better going foward, still woeful at back.  Wagner doing a Farke ignoring the defence.  Expected leadership from Duffy.

5 minutes ago, Robert Barnes said:

Newcastle just scored a goal identical to ours that was called offside var looked at it and it was allowed

Yep. Refs just aren't to the job.

With so many fans watching and seeing multiple angles, one person's view can't be enough.

If you'd offered me a point at 3o'clock I'd have snatched your hand off. After that display I'm a little disappointed........Iain

Robbed by poor officials once again. 

28 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

That was 90 (edit actually that was 104) minutes of every emotion going. 

First of all if that game was played last season we'd have lost that comfortably. Our newly refound resolve and spirit is clear to see. 

But also can't help but feel if we'd have had a more defensive minded midfielder than Kenny in that holding role we may well have not conceded as we did. Not a big criticism of Kenny, thought he had an ok game, I just wish we had a more defensive minded midfielder for games like this. 

But it's so, so nice to be enjoying Norwich City again. Let's hope this isn't just a fluke and this continues, because I think we keep this up we might just surprise a few.

Agree TY. With Sara on his own in midfield and Kenny playing very deep we invited a lot of pressure. Numerous corners and crosses close to goal to defend which we handled well but could have easily conceded more. To be fair our few breakaway attacks always looked dangerous although not sure the Saints defence is that good. Early days but I think our tactics will need fine tuning. The coaches need to sort out Hernandez. He spends far too much time hugging the touchline and allows himself to be closely marked and is largely ineffective. Rarely produces a quality final ball.

Overall I think it was a decent result for an away fixture against one of the promotion favourites, and so I’m happy with a draw. Should have won though. 

At least we’ve got what may be one of our biggest fixtures this season out the way already, and have managed to get something out of it. Don’t get wound up by the fact our rivals are top of the league - there’s still another 44 games to go

Jumping for joy last game and gutted to only draw this one.

Brilliant to feel the emotion back compared with the apathy of last season. Really feel there’s hope for a good season.

COYY!

13 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

Overall I think it was a decent result for an away fixture against one of the promotion favourites, and so I’m happy with a draw. Should have won though. 

At least we’ve got what may be one of our biggest fixtures this season out the way already, and have managed to get something out of it. Don’t get wound up by the fact our rivals are top of the league - there’s still another 44 games to go

Trust me, the only people being wound up by that are on their side.

1 hour ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

If we were playing a team that weren't a fashionable relegated club, those decisions wouldn't have been given - I fully believe that and I will die on that hill. 

They have their quota of teams to "favour" and sot'on will be one of those for the last 11 years in the PL 

Yeah you’re spot on there. I actually think refs still treat us as little old Norwich. Being a ref in charge of a Norwich game must be what it feels like to be a Tory in this government shafting the working man and thinking it doesn’t matter cause they’ll just take it. 

Far Better going forward ,

Rowe looks so full of potential , Sarge looks good ,Sara looks like a PL player playing in the Champs 

i was worried being a Wagner team we were not going to score enough but looks like we do not have a problem going forward ,

the defence was always going to look weak without a CDM sitting in front and i suppose that is our concern again ,

Fantastic to go away and score 4 goals but if you do you have to win really ,

still early days but we can not let this many goals in if we are going to have any success ,

Performances more important than results at the moment. And we’ve been very good in both games. Finish ahead of Southampton and your going up this season.

I’d really like us to use the Aaron’s money on another Midfielder to challenge Kenny. Someone a bit more composed on the ball! 

We have a good first 11. A couple more additions could really make this a good squad capable of challenging.

looking at the sky highlights it looks like our player certainly elbowed and pushed there player. the ref was given an easy choice has it looks

Would have taken a draw beforehand so decent enough result but annoying to let them off the hook.

officials were a disgrace. Two soft pens and in my view a wrongly disallowed goal.

we desperately need to get Omobamidele back in that side and Gibson out.

this side has backbone though and we will be a threat to anyone. Top 6 very achievable.