cambridgeshire canary

*official lappinitup match thread Saints V Canaries*

34 minutes ago, TheBaldOne66 said:

Wow, really? He was an EPL ref for many years and Champs League too ffs! You don’t get there without knowing **** all!

I love how all the **** on here that have never been refs in their lives think they know better than fully qualified people. 

Well the ref an linesman yesterday clearly didn’t know the offside law. 

So who are we thinking?

It's not Howard Webb as he's with PGMOL so would know the up to date laws.

Clattenburg? Poll? Not Dean, he never did Champions League. 

Why are there people on here criticising Giannoulis for that last penalty?     
The Soton lad knew where Dimi was and was going down already.   Add that he moved across Dimi’s path.   If the ref allows himself to be conned how’s that Dimi’s fault?      Nothing he can do about his positioning once the pass is flicked on.   

The problem is that referees haven’t played the game, so don’t understand the forces and movements.    They get conned just like some of the fans on here do.    

The Soton lad cheated, simple as that.   

Edited by ged in the onion bag

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

So we had one marginal "might have gone out" decision in our favour game one, and game two we had:

- Stacey fouled for first goal

- Soft pen for handball when Duffys arm is forced up by opposing player

- A second ridiculously soft pen which if consistent would mean a pen for Sargent last week and about 40 last season

- A goal given for offside that wasn't offside.

So we are already 4-1 down in decisions..

We also had an oppo player last week swat at the ball twice with his hands in two attempted crosses and neither were given as pens...

What is being missed here is the constance changing of the guidelines. Not the rules, per se. i suspect therfore referees are allowing all manner of pushing, shoving and shirt pulling outside the box, yet blowing up for the slightest suggestion of handball.

The problem is that refs no doubt are sanctioned for not applying the new guidelines, rather than any sanction for getting it wrong when awarding a free kick or penalty. So if there is any doubt, award a freekick/penalty.

In that light I would be careful if I were Gunn. There is bound to be some over zealous ref who penalises him for handball at some stage.