kirku

Aarons to Leeds

I just hope we spend some of the funds to boost our squad. A couple more astute signings and we could really be a team to watch out for

I personally haven't rated aarons for the last 2 seasons really. Any money received will be good to get players who want to be here. Who cares who he does go to 

Edited by Ward 3
  • Like 1

Pukki and Max both competent players who have dropped off over time for us. Max needs to move on and £12m is decent business if that figure is true. Hopefully we get a couple of decent permanent options in and some shrew loan business as well & we will be in relatively good shape.

The loss in maxs value is almost totally down the smith tenure combined with the lack of a decent  covering dcm like Tettey or skipp. Smith and Shakespeare killed squad confidence and value.  Max stopping a the half way last season was one of the strongest sign of failure

Ampadu would provide that cover perfectly.

not the next step we had in mind for him, but i still want him to kick on, wherever that may be.  he deserves that. Good luck max

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

So NCFC would rather strengthen a rival for the sake of £12m?

I'm struggling with that I have to say. I can't see Webber agreeing that, unless of course Leeds is his likely destination.

He's been good and consistent for us but has never given a match winning performance . Its not like selling a 20 goal a season striker.  Or losing a pukki or Buendia.

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

The state of this thread. All of a sudden Aarons is our sub right back on the basis of one half decent game from Stacey (a game which Dimi outperformed him IMHO). He's also a crap defender now who is too small. This is all nonsense and Aarons is, and has been, an excellent player for us. Short memories people, short memories.

If he goes to Leeds, fair enough, he'll go to a manager who knows how to get the best out of him, a massive club, a bigger salary and a real shot at PL football next year.

We should wish him well and thank him for five seasons where he never let us down and could have easily sulked or demanded a move. He never did.

#starman 

Glad to see some shreds of sense in this thread. Agreed re Dimis performance as well, the only thing I remember Stacey doing was blazing over the bar and ironically thinking max would have burried that.

Edited by Nexus_Canary

10-12m is the "Max" we could have got for a player wanting to go, not part of the coaches plans and in the final year of his contract. Honestly, it's not down to us that his stock has fallen. I honestly think he's not as good as most think he is. Jack Stacey looks far better at this point. He was part of one of the worst defences I can remember.

Edited by Michael Starr

Yeh actually Barnes is far better than Pukki as well.

Played one game looks the business.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

the only thing I remember Stacey doing was blazing over the bar and ironically thinking max would have burried that.

Seems you have a bias for Max if you're thinking in that way.

Maybe drop the bias, re-watch the highlights of the match and take note of what Stacey is doing and involved with in each and see if you change your mind that it was the 'only' thing you remember Stacey doing.

Guy was immense for me...  He pulled defender off Rowe for his goal by making that run, put in a lovely ball (played with his left) to Sarge's head when the keeper made that save, great right footed cross that sat on Barnes head, and he won us the corner that lead to the winner.

I appreciate the love for Max, but don't be putting another player down to make that point as it's counter-productive.  They are both NCFC players right now, and in Stacey we have a runner, we have a defender and we have someone who can cross with both feet.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Glad to see some shreds of sense in this thread. Agreed re Dimis performance as well, the only thing I remember Stacey doing was blazing over the bar and ironically thinking max would have burried that.

I can think of several instances over the seasons where Max had good opportunities to score - his 6 goals in 213 appearances might suggest otherwise. 

Nevertheless, a great servant and wish him all the best.

With respect, I think some are overlooking how much money 12m is to a club in our situation, and how catastrophic it'd be to lose an asset worth that for free in a years time. Especially when we've already prepared for it and signed a replacement.

Even selling to a rival, I don't think turning down the money to have big wages sat unhappy on the bench all season is an option.

On a personal note, I wish him well. Been a model pro here, never thrown the toys out. I hope he has a very successful career.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

He's also a crap defender now who is too small. This is all nonsense and Aarons is, and has been, an excellent player for us.

I can't recall anyone saying he is "a cr*p defender" which certainly isn't true, but it is reasonable to conjecture why it appears that no premier league club seems to want to buy him. As I have ventured above, I wonder whether his stature is an issue, an alternative view is that suggested by ZLF below. 

22 minutes ago, ZLF said:

The loss in maxs value is almost totally down the smith tenure combined with the lack of a decent  covering dcm

Without doubt we have failed to maximise Max's strengths since Farke left, especially under Smith when he seemed to be under instruction to play very conservatively. However, I'm not sure that this is the reason for his declining value, which would seem to me to much more to do with his contract length and the apparent lack of premier league interest.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Seems you have a bias for Max if you're thinking in that way.

Maybe drop the bias, re-watch the highlights of the match and take note of what Stacey is doing and involved with in each and see if you change your mind that it was the 'only' thing you remember Stacey doing.

Guy was immense for me...  He pulled defender off Rowe for his goal by making that run, put in a lovely ball (played with his left) to Sarge's head when the keeper made that save, great right footed cross that sat on Barnes head, and he won us the corner that lead to the winner.

I appreciate the love for Max, but don't be putting another player down to make that point as it's counter-productive.  They are both NCFC players right now, and in Stacey we have a runner, we have a defender and we have someone who can cross with both feet.

You missed the point, which was one mistake / good performance does not make a season.

I'm not saying Stacey isn't any good but I am shocked that some fans have written max off a d replaced him after someone has a half decent 90 mins.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, horsefly said:

Leeds will strengthen their right-back position with or without Aarons. I'd rather we had their £12m, for a player who is no longer our starting right-back. And the idea we would let him go on a free in a few months time really shouldn't be contemplated.

I wonder what the 'basic fee' is though? These .........'other conditions being met' could mean anything although one would hope a couple of £M if Leeds get promoted.  Anything relating to ......'full England caps' should be disregarded as that is extremely unlikely..' 

49 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

Yeah, Aarons is absolutely prolific.

Do me a favour

N.B. This is not a slight at Aarons, I think he’s an excellent footballer and appears to be a model pro. However, if he wants to depart, it’s best for all parties that he does. I would wish him well and hope he really pushes on with his career.

Edited by zema abbey football genius

16 minutes ago, Nexus_Canary said:

You missed the point, which was one mistake / good performance does not make a season.

Why didn't you just make that point then?  What you said that the 'only' thing you remember is Stacey missing a shot that Aarons would've 'burried', is what I replied to.

As long as the point I made in that you shouldn't push other players down to promote another, that's all that needs saying from my behalf.  Both city players, both seemingly excellent on their day, one doesn't want to be here.

Edited by Google Bot

Isn't this a "conflict of interest" regarding a sporting director soon to go to Leeds?

13 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

I wonder what the 'basic fee' is though? These .........'other conditions being met' could mean anything although one would hope a couple of £M if Leeds get promoted.  Anything relating to ......'full England caps' should be disregarded as that is extremely unlikely..' 

From Pinkun site:

"Norwich have negotiated a package of £12m for the right-back. That includes add-ons and represents decent value for a player who is in the final 12 months of his contract. 

That will be split between an initial fee of £9million with £3million in add-ons. With Jack Stacey and Kellen Fisher representing City's first-choice options at right-back, they will not seek a replacement for the 23-year-old."

Young Fisher must be some prospect.

Spend the dosh and spend it quickly Sherpa Stuart. The Carrow Road faithful (not me, unfortunately) deserve a another decent signing or two to complement a pretty solid Summer's business.

CDM? Loanee striker from PL.?

At this point you might as well take the money you can get it, it's clear we have planned for the season without him and keeping him on the bench makes little sense.

I do find this move odd from a Leeds perspective, the only thing that makes sense is that it's Farke getting players in who he knows. As far as I can tell Leeds have 3 right backs already at the club in Ayling, Byram and Drameh. Obviously the first 2 I wouldn't want to rely on but Drameh is coming off the back of promotion with Luton and is only 21 himself. Maybe there's an injury there but it doesn't seem like the best use of £12 million in the championship.

Sad to see him go, not a spectacular sale, but a fair price for a really good young professional footballer.

Good luck Max

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

From Pinkun site:

"Norwich have negotiated a package of £12m for the right-back. That includes add-ons and represents decent value for a player who is in the final 12 months of his contract. 

That will be split between an initial fee of £9million with £3million in add-ons. With Jack Stacey and Kellen Fisher representing City's first-choice options at right-back, they will not seek a replacement for the 23-year-old."

Young Fisher must be some prospect.

Spend the dosh and spend it quickly Sherpa Stuart. The Carrow Road faithful (not me, unfortunately) deserve a another decent signing or two to complement a pretty solid Summer's business.

CDM? Loanee striker from PL.?

Thank you. I hadn't seen that report. You and me both (and one suspects many other Yellows) will also endorse what we ought tp be spending the cash on. Very much doubt that will happen though. 

Good luck to Max. I will never forget his breakthrough season and the next couple, he was immense. 

He has also conducted himself with consummate dignity and integrity throughout his whole time here. I'm sure the Max of old will probably shine through again, just so long as he has 2 off days this season!

• Like 2

Am amazed at the size of the fee given his contract circumstances and his below par performances last season . Is the £12 cash only or a smaller guaranteed fee + add ons for promotion etc .

If this happens then good luck to him apart from two games this season .

He's served us with commitment, focus and professionalism from the get-go. Damn right he leaves with my best wishes.