kirku

Aarons to Leeds

3 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

Looks like we have dodged a bullet looking at most of the comments on here. I was looking for feedback on Aarons but seems like he hasn't been great for a while. Let him try his luck at Bournemouth.

You really haven't. He would've been a good signing for you.

Just now, Grando said:

You really haven't. He would've been a good signing for you.

It leaves the door to try and get Hamer as they want about £15m I think but Phil Hay says we were slightly short of meeting their valuation(that could be with the Aarons move of £9m plus add-ons. We are set to lose Adams for £20m. Ayling is a liability so and by all accounts Dramah did well in that position last season so it maybe a case of that. To be honest Max's name has only just come to surface in the last few hours so no big loss at this stage

Performance of Aarons does have a lot of mixed feelings on here though? 

Overall package will be the same but with more ££ now, so makes perfect sense. Max would also be nuts not to go to the PL rather than risking potentially not getting promoted elsewhere.  He’ll want to prove he’s a PL player and hasn’t done so yet, with two relegations under his belt.

9 minutes ago, Top corner said:

Bournemouth might be paying the £7 million upfront. 

Which doesn't make sense if Leeds were reported as willing to pay £9m up front, with £3m add ons

I'd **** myself if Webber was looking at doing a deal with Leeds and big Rob Newman walked into the office, held his hand, pulled the phone down to the desk and uttered "He's going to Bournemouth matey, we don't trust you no more!".

Oh... It'd be like a Netflix doc wouldn't it! :classic_biggrin:

I think this is a bigger sideways step for Max than Leeds personally, but at least they are PL currently and it's a club he'll probably do well at.  Don't mind taking less if we're not selling to someone else in this league, have no doubt that Max would've preferred Elland road.

Could just be a big ploy though, and Leeds stump up the money after this announcement.... We've been trying to get a bidding war going for him.

Edited by Google Bot
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

It leaves the door to try and get Hamer as they want about £15m I think but Phil Hay says we were slightly short of meeting their valuation(that could be with the Aarons move of £9m plus add-ons. We are set to lose Adams for £20m. Ayling is a liability so and by all accounts Dramah did well in that position last season so it maybe a case of that. To be honest Max's name has only just come to surface in the last few hours so no big loss at this stage

Performance of Aarons does have a lot of mixed feelings on here though? 

He would have been great for you under Farke..big loss your side.

36 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Which doesn't make sense if Leeds were reported as willing to pay £9m up front, with £3m add ons

I’m only guessing, but Leeds might have agreed to pay a guaranteed £9 million over a few years, whereas Bournemouth might have agreed to pay us £7 million in one lump sum. 

Edited by Top corner

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

He would have been great for you under Farke..big loss your side.

Probably but will never know. His heart was clearly set on the prem and anything else would've been second best and when your spending a few million it's probably best to find out now. Had it have been Luton at the last minute he would've done the same. Can't blame him but it seems Bournemouth is probably the best option he could have ever got by the looks of it. No sleep lost and will have other options. Probably wouldve been easier for Farke though as he has worked with him.

Just now, Top corner said:

I’m only guessing, but Leeds might have agreed to pay £9 million over a few years, whereas Bournemouth might have agreed to pay us £7 million in one lump sum. 

No, it is not that as if you check the accounts City owe millions in transfer staged payments and are owed roughly the same. No club ever 'pays up front'. The difference would be what the respective clubs were offering to the player.  PL wages with the expected bonus if B'Mouth stay up  And to be honest Leeds have already got a right back from us (Byram) who is well suited to that ferret fancying bunch.

8 hours ago, Ken Hairy said:

Fabrizio now reporting it, so pretty much a done deal

Or not, as he's now reporting he's off to Bournemouth for £7million plus add ons

2 hours ago, Samwam27 said:

difference between cash in installments and cash up front